X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

non-actionable packet

Hi

I just updated a working install to the latest release from the updater, and now my remote shows up with this non-actionable packet error. I tried to re-setup the device with the same error.
    Any thing in particular to check?

Thanks

Skibum

Ski I get a few non-actionable packet error, mine, I believe are caused but the 433hz reciever picking up the occasional junk.

I wonder if your previous install had the loggin at none so you never saw them? just an idea.

TrOjAn

Comment

I can no longer control my alarm.....
      I replaced the batteries in the palm pad, no luck.. the packet errors only come when pressing the pad buttons, however, it seems that the buttons are getting recognised as well... the log correctly ID'd the button pressed....

The alarm and keypad was working fine prior to the update.

Thanks

Comment

OK.. I may be wrong here and sorry if its of no help but.... I have a plampad here that when I press ANY of the buttons theres loads onerrors with the odd correct comand ie: x10 D3 ON / OFF.

Do you have a spare palmpad to try?? I got a few and the error you are getting is identical to what I get with the rougue palmpad.

Good Luck

TrOjAn

Comment

I don't think I have anymore security remotes but I'll check.
          Remember this was working fine 30 seconds before updating the ACRF.

Comment

Originally posted by Skibum View Post
            I don't think I have anymore security remotes but I'll check.
            Remember this was working fine 30 seconds before updating the ACRF.
            Well just to confirm you could always roll the ACRF back to an older one and see if it fix`s it, then, if it does we know its the plugin.

TrOjAn

Comment

I could I suppose, but I don;t know the procedure, and I really don't have the time to be messing with things.

It is a continuing dissapointment for me when a simple authorized update causes issues of non-functionality.

Comment

I could I suppose, but I don;t know the procedure, and I really don't have the time to be messing with things.

It is a continuing dissapointment for me when a simple authorized update causes issues of non-functionality.
                But we dont know if the update caused the issue, without rolling back how can we prove its the plugin??

TrOjAn

Comment

You've been hitting the pints a bit early today havent you???? lol

If the only thing I did was to update the plugin. Isn't it reasonable to assume that the issue lies with that update?

No worries.... A complete Homeseer rebuild is coming soon. I'll update to the latest releases and then things had better work as designed....this is not freeware anymore.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Details?

A few questions so we are not spinning our wheels...

You mentioned that you updated from the updater. There hasn't been an update of the ACRF in the updater for quite a LONG time. The ACRF2 plug-in is in beta and isn't in the updater at all. Which plug-in are we talking about?

Without posting the info (the HS log from the ACRF plug-in or the file from the ACRF2 reporting function) I can't tell if the plug-in is decoding something wrong or if there is garbage coming from the receiver.

Jon

Bump
                      Jon Ort
                      JonOrt@The--Orts.com
                      (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

I don't update that often... for reasons exactly like this...

I updated to 1.2.0.3

Should I just go to the latest ACRF2 beta?

Comment

1.2.0.3 has been out quite some time and there have been no reports of anything like this. If you set logging to detailed and then copy the log that shows when you press a palmpad button I might be able to see what is happening. At this point I seriously doubt it is the plug-in update that caused the problem.

Jon

I don't update that often... for reasons exactly like this...

I updated to 1.2.0.3

Should I just go to the latest ACRF2 beta?
                          Jon Ort
                          JonOrt@The--Orts.com
                          (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Yeah. I can't argue that logic.

I'll put this aside until I do a system rebuild later this winter.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X