Jon00 Control (Touchscreen) Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to auto refresh an image within a page

Rather than refreshing the entire page to update an image, it is better to use the embed function and insert an image via a separate HTML page that is set to auto refresh.

Here is how to do it.

Download the attachment to this post and place Image1.html in your Homeseer 2/html/mycontrol folder.

Now open up Image1.html in a text editor such as Notepad.

The page is currently set to refresh every 60 seconds. If you wish to change it, alter the Content="60" to another value (in seconds)

You need to know the height and width of the image that you want to display. Set the width and height of the image to match these values or if you want, change them to make the image bigger or smaller. Take a note of these two parameters. Change the image path to suit your setup and then save the page.

You now need to define a button with the embedded information within the ini file. As an example this will use Table1 Button1.

Button1-1Type=Embed /mycontrol/Image1.html,XXX,YYY

Substitute the XXX for the width of the image that you used and YYY for the height.

That's it. When you call the page, you will see the image but will auto refresh every XX seconds without the main page refreshing.

If you want to have more images auto refresh, just copy Image1.html to Image2.html etc and use as the embedded page.
    Attached Files
    Jon

Comment

I am at work right now. I will try it at home tonight. Also, I like the idea about refreshing not the page but the object itself.

But you still didn't answer my question about a live streaming video. Can it be done?

Thanks,
      Steve

Comment

Steve,

Yes you can. As per the image just use:

Button1-1Type=Embed http://<ipaddress>:8080

i.e.

Button1-1Type=Embed http://192.168.1.3:8080

If you need to resize the page add the optional width and height parameters as demonstrated in the image refresh example.

The <ipaddess> is the IP address of your camera server PC. You cannot use localhost unless you are using this interface on the same PC as the camera server.

You need to be on the release build of this package. You MUST rename any ini files called Jon00Control1.ini, Jon00Control2.ini & Jon00Control3.ini to something else to allow new versions to be loaded. You then need to copy and paste the button data across from the old to the new. I know this is a pain but it will give you correct ini files to use.

HTH
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by skozin View Post

But you still didn't answer my question about a live streaming video. Can it be done?
          The ip cameras shown here http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=23 are streaming live video

Comment

I can't seem to get the IR command to work. Its pretty straight forward. Any one using th IR action. I have been using the same IR commands in Homeseer, so I know they work thru HS.

Also,

Button31 thru Button51 are missing from the css file. Is there an updated css file anywhere that have these definitions in it.
            Thanks,

T.

Comment

T,

Not sure how the CSS had that error but the attached should be good.

As for IR, I have not tried it (as I do not use it as defined items) but there is nothing in the code to stop it working. My only thought is to try and put the parameters between quotation marks and see if that works.

I assume you upgraded to V1.01. Is the ini file 11 now working?
              Attached Files
              Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon, I will try it later tonight.

Steve

Comment

8r1an:

I thought they were. I will try this later tonight.

Thanks,
                  Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Tcassio View Post
                    I can't seem to get the IR command to work. Its pretty straight forward. Any one using th IR action. I have been using the same IR commands in Homeseer, so I know they work thru HS.

Tcassio, don't forget, as a workaround, you could simply create events which fire off the IR commands and assign those events to the button instead.

Comment

Jon00,
                      Thanks for the CSS file.

The file numbering is now working.

The IR command does not work, I have tried the quotes before I posted the first time.
                      Thanks,

T.

Comment

Can you try and trigger a script and use hs.sendIR as a test for your commands?
                        Jon

Comment

Delicious,
                          This is what I've done. It just would have been alot less work if it worked thru the ini file.

Jon00,
                          Yes, the script action works with a text file works.
                          Thanks,

T.

Comment

T,

I've sent you a new version to try via email
                            Jon

Comment

I replied to your email that it works!!!
                              Thanks,

T.

Comment

Jon00:

After updating to 1.01 the camera page works great. Thanks again!!! Now to test everything else out.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X