Setting Up Jon00's Touchscreen for iPhone/iTouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Up Jon00's Touchscreen for iPhone/iTouch

I am trying to setup Jon's TS for my iTouch. What is the best way to get it to display on the iTouch. What I am looking for is to go as full screen as possible (no address, status or control bars if possible) and have the pages shrink to fit when loaded. Is this possible? If so, what is the best way to achieve?

Thanks!

On page 41/42 of the PDF documentation, there is an explanation of how to define a ini file for the iTouch/iPhone.

There is a strange template here which you can easily modify with your own button design etc.
    Jon

Comment

Jon,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did see the guidance in the instructions. I tried the HeadData with really no success, the page was bigger when downloaded rather than fitting the iTouch screen (FYI, I am basically illiterate when it comes to HTML/Java web code).

Thanks for the link, this is a good start for me. Basically, I am looking for the do's and don't's for customizing for the iPhone/iTouch and/or any templates people would like to share so I don't spend a lot of time spinning my wheels.

Thanks again for the help!

Heatvent

Comment

Jon,

I tried the template you referenced. When I load the template, the page is wider than the screen and the address bar is showing. Should the template load so that it fits the screen?

Thanks,
        Heatvent

Comment

Are you trying this on a iPhone or iTouch? The template is for the iTouch which is a bit bigger than the iPhone.

Also make sure that you have the latest firmware as earlier versions did not work correctly with the sizing.
          Jon

Comment

It is an iTouch and I believe I have the most recent firmware (iTunes says it is up to date).

I changed the button size to 60 and the page width to 240 and it fits now. Is the screen 240px rather than 320px?

Comment

The screen size for the iTouch is 320 x 480 so should be OK. I just tried that template here on mine and it is displaying correctly?

what exactly are you seeing on yours that is causing concern?
              Jon

Comment

Jon,

Here is a printscreen from my iTouch. I am using your .css definition and .ini files without any changes...

Heatvent
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm at a loss then. Here is a printscreen from my iTouch using the same ini file and css:
                  Attached Files
                  Jon

Comment

It appears that heatvent's screen may be zoomed in a bit?
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Jon

Is there a way you could temporarily let me point my itouch to your public server to see if it's my itouch?

Comment

I've sent you a PM
                        Jon

Comment

Jon, tried the link you sent. The page loaded by had the xml refresh message. So I refreshed and started get a Safari error that the nework connection was lost. I will try again later to see if this error goes away. FYI, what did load looked fine, fit the screen correctly. So it seems either for some reason I have an issue with the css/ini files or could my serve be doing something incorrectly (is that possible)?

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                            Jon, tried the link you sent. The page loaded by had the xml refresh message. So I refreshed and started get a Safari error that the nework connection was lost. I will try again later to see if this error goes away. FYI, what did load looked fine, fit the screen correctly. So it seems either for some reason I have an issue with the css/ini files or could my serve be doing something incorrectly (is that possible)?
                            I really don't understand this as it is the ini file that dictates the sizes. Would you be willing to give access to your server so that I can try it on my iTouch?

(Remember in the ini file to set Allowguestview=1 if you do)
                            Jon

Comment

Jon, I got it to work. When I copied and pasted the button definition into the CSS file, I formated it like the other button definitions (tab before each line in the definition brackets). Somehow this must mess up the code. I'm not a programmer so you may know what this resulted in a problem with the page.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
                              X