Lennox wifi iComfort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lennox wifi iComfort

I was searching on the boards and looking for anyone who had experience with the LENNOX system and particularly the WIFI I-COMFORT thermostat.

I currently use the TRANE COMFORTLINK (z-wave) thermostat which is 2 stage heat/cool compatible. On Monday i am having a LENNOX system installed and the installer cant understand why i would prefer my standard trane thermostat (zwave) over the WIFI I-COMFORT one.

First, is anyone able to write a plugin to work with the I-Comfort????????

Second, if anyone has experience with this delema, am i nuts to want the z-wave thermostat over the I-Comfort thermostat with all the bells and whistles?

Dave
    HS-PRO
    79nodes

Any idea if they publish an API for it? I didn't see anything after a quick search of their website. If there's a publicly available API it's certainly possible. I would be willing to consider adding support to BeakerStat if I can get some developer info.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I will try to look into that. I've already talked to their Customer Support who put me in touch with their Consumer Relations but CR would not put me in touch with their Tech Support and Product Engineers. They suggested i write a letter to them and they would forward it to their tech staff.... is there anything in particular i should ask for?

db

Comment

Originally posted by davebanas View Post
        I will try to look into that. I've already talked to their Customer Support who put me in touch with their Consumer Relations but CR would not put me in touch with their Tech Support and Product Engineers. They suggested i write a letter to them and they would forward it to their tech staff.... is there anything in particular i should ask for?

db
        They don't sound too customer friendly. Ask them if there is any third party development permitted, and if they publish an API for the thermostat.
        HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Lennox has long created proprietary protocols for their equipment.. I dont know about this piece of kit but their zone control stuff was always closed-architecture.. you could TRY wiresharking the wi-fi to tsee if you can latch on to any non-secure protocol transactions and see what you may find that way.. I had no luck trying to get info on the harmony zone controller years ago.. and was a lennox dealer at the time..
          -Christopher
          PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Has anyone created a plug-in for this yet?

If not, then here are some pointers that might be helpful if some developers want a crack at making one:

http://community.smartthings.com/t/r...hermostat/9520

http://www.iwasdot.com/extending-a-l...rt-thermostat/

https://github.com/ut666/LennoxThermoPi

Comment

+1... Also would like to control/display status for the iComfort...

Comment

add another user, would like to see a plugin!

Comment

+1

Comment

+ another 1

Comment

Another +1

Comment

+ 1 here

Comment

+2
                          I bought a house last year with these Stats installed, and have only moved to Homeseer from smartthings a couple of months ago. Now I would like to integrate a Z-Wave Thermostat, but they're all ugly compared to the iComfort. The ecobee is almost up to par, but I don't think I can make that switch as I still prefer the Lennox. I was just looking around and actually saw where these things are 400+ dollar units.! They do look good, it would be nice to integrate with Homeseer. I'm really interested in using Aeotec Multi Sensors as remote Thermostats for active zoning. I also just noticed with a google search that Smartthings integrates with the iComfort. I'll see this weekend if I can get them working as I still have my ST unit, and a bunch of Zigbee Flood Sensors that can't integrate with Homeseer. So, this is probably one of those situations where Control 4 and Smartthings are buying the rights for the API or something. So anyways, if someone can figure out how to hack it, I need Zoning with Temp and Motion sensors. I can't seem to find remote sensors for these units from Lennox in a google search, so I'm assuming they don't exist. Unless you guys know different?

Comment

Is it true that the Lennox Outside Heat pumps will only work with the Lennox iComfort Thermostat? I didn't realize what the OP meant with having to have the iComfort Thermostats installed. So I couldn't install the Ecobee if I wanted to? that sucks. lol

Comment

SMART THINGS talks to Lennox

Found this, I don't know if it will help anyone...

https://community.smartthings.com/t/...hermostat/9520

Comment

Working...
                              X