www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Developer Support > Programming & Plug-in Development > Plug-In Development

Plug-In Development Discussions related to development new HomeSeer plug-ins.

Old November 30th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Seer Deluxe

Pentair Easytouch interface

Is anyone interested in a Plug-In to interface with a Pentair Easytouch panel (Pool/Spa controller)?

I have developed one for my use along with a iPad interface for controlling the pool.

It is interfaced through a arduino(RS485) to the homeseer PC.

Let me know.

I also have a Denon receiver plugin and a Blink car charger plugin.

Jason

Last edited by jrhubott; November 30th, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:19 PM
Seer

I would be interested in this. I have a pentair easy touch system installed and would love to control it via homeseer.
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:04 AM
Seer Master

What features and controls does your Pentair plugin have?
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Seer Deluxe

I have been waiting for a homeseer plugin for Pentair or Jandy before purchasing. If there is a way to interface with Pentair that would help with my decision. I would be interested.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:18 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbdirtfarmer View Post
I have been waiting for a homeseer plugin for Pentair or Jandy before purchasing. If there is a way to interface with Pentair that would help with my decision. I would be interested.
If you search the message board for Jandy you should find an older plugin for this. Barry in Florida wrote it years ago.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Seer Deluxe

My plugin requires a hardware component to interface to the RS485 bus of the Pentair easytouch. That is the only reason I have not made it publicly available.

I currently use a NetDuino for the RS485 to Ethernet conversion. The NetDuino also provide direct control through a simple web page without the need for the homeseer plugin.

If enough interest is present I would be willing to make all the parts available.

Jason

Last edited by jrhubott; January 8th, 2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp View Post
If you search the message board for Jandy you should find an older plugin for this. Barry in Florida wrote it years ago.
yes i did see this. moving forward towards HS3, not sure if this will be an option anymore.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:45 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbdirtfarmer View Post
yes i did see this. moving forward towards HS3, not sure if this will be an option anymore.
My guess is you are right. It most likely will not get upgraded.
Old March 26th, 2013, 07:27 PM
cyberdac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhubott View Post
My plugin requires a hardware component to interface to the RS485 bus of the Pentair easytouch. That is the only reason I have not made it publicly available.

I currently use a NetDuino for the RS485 to Ethernet conversion. The NetDuino also provide direct control through a simple web page without the need for the homeseer plugin.

If enough interest is present I would be willing to make all the parts available.

Jason
Hi Jason,
I'm very interested in your Plugin for EasyTouch. I just purchased a wifi to RS485 and want to see if I can make it work. Many thanks in advance.
Dave
Old March 31st, 2013, 03:21 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhubott View Post

Jason
I am interested in this as well! The software, parts list, and notes would be incredibly helpful. For those of us with Pentair systems, managing them more "intelligently" can have a massive impact on efficiency, as they are the single largest consumer of power in most homes. Writing some Homeseer magic to vary the amount of filtering based on water temperature and seasonality could have a massive impact on annual energy consumption of the otherwise "static" configuration that the the thing runs by default. Thanks for doing this!

Chris
Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:12 PM
jamesr219

I am interested as well. Does this just sit right on the keypad bus? Can you share the RS485 protocol details? I want to get my system controlling the easytouch and I don't want to have to replace it with the intellitouch and then but a $500 RS485->232 adapter/protocol adapter. :-)

Thanks!

-jr
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Seer Deluxe

Pentair Easytouch interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr219 View Post
I am interested as well. Does this just sit right on the keypad bus? Can you share the RS485 protocol details? I want to get my system controlling the easytouch and I don't want to have to replace it with the intellitouch and then but a $500 RS485->232 adapter/protocol adapter. :-)

Thanks!

-jr
Sits on the keypad bus. Let me see if I can dig some of the code out over the holiday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old May 27th, 2013, 08:57 AM
jamesr219

Thanks.
Old August 24th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Seer

Possibly another option to control Pentair SunTouch from HomeSeer

While looking into this, I found the following device:

Pentair 520442 IntelliTouch™ i-Link Protocol Interface Adapter

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/i-LinkUG.pdf

This device appears to be a serial (RS-232) protocol adapter that exposes all functionality of the SunTouch via an RS-485 interface to the SunTouch control center. This could be used with a Global Cache WF2SL (http://www.globalcache.com/products/itach/wf2slspecs/) and a fairly straightforward HomeSeer module to expose all of the functionality of the SunTouch system within HomeSeer.

Has anyone looked into this?
Old December 2nd, 2013, 03:25 PM
Seer Deluxe

jrhubott,

Any luck on your code?
Old December 12th, 2013, 02:59 AM
Seer Master

I'm still very interested in a Pentair & HS interface. Have my pump picked out but don't want to install until HS can control.

Can u shed some light on if these are scripts or a plugin or just how you are controlling the pentair equipment.

Are you going to make this available as a HS plugin? (I hope so!)

Sent from my 09l_v77_gq1008_a41_v20 using Tapatalk
Old January 5th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Seer

Pentair Intellitouch / Intelliflo module for HS3 / linux

Another bump for this. Also, with HS3 now running on Linux, and with most pentair systems in remote locations (usually next to pool equipment) the best way to implement this would be with either a serial-to-ethernet or serial-to-wifi interface to the pool controller, as this would allow the windows and linux implentations to just use IP.

I'm happy to test on HS3 linux when you get ready. Given the prrice of pool equipment (and the market being people with pools), and the value in terms of power savings, this module could easily fetch $100 or more if implemented well.

Let me know if you need some assistance testing on HS3 linux.
Old January 8th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Seer

+1 for this - I also have a Pentair Easy Touch system and would be interested in interfacing it to Homeseer. Also, willing to test, etc.

Mike
Old February 25th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Seer

Has anyone made any progress on this? I just had a pool installed with an EasyTouch controller and am trying to figure out how to integrate it.
Old February 25th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Seer Deluxe

I have my EasyTouch controller interfaced through a NetDuino+ and RS485Shield to my pool.

You are able to turn on/off any of the 16 circuits and also read status of all circuits + temps.

The NetDuino controller has a jquery interface for HS2/3 to communicate with and a HTML interface for iPhone, etc. control.

Jason