X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

works much better now, thank

Comment

UltraMon3 HSPI For HomeSeer3

Just downloaded UltraMon3 to give it a try and it looks very promising. When I was in the "IP Subnets" tab and going through the motions of enabling the devices I wanted it to monitor I enabled an IP address that was not awake at the time (my wife's ipad) so there was no Host Name, MAC Address listed but I went ahead and enabled it anyway. This action then set ALL the IP addresses as enabled (even the unused ones)?!? I tried disabling one of the unused addresses but could not (If I could that would be a time consuming process to disable one at a time). I then tried to un- & re-install this plug-in but it still lists all the devices as enabled. Is there something I can do to start from scratch with this plugin?

Comment

Can you provide a screenshot please? You can send it to ultrajones@hotmail.com
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

sorry I cant at this time, I restored the computer from a back-up from 2 days ago and reinstalled the plugin. It is working for me now and I made sure not to enable any addresses for devices that were not preset.

Comment

Hey mate,

Any update on adding single IPs and ports to monitor?
            Once again, used for internet checking and against dns servers.

Also, can I request the ability to hide the IPs that are not responding?
            And the ability to filter would be cool, make it easy to find specific MACs on larger networks.

Cheers mate!

Comment

I am now in a situation where on the "IP Subnets" tab with the correct "Monitored: Subnet:" selected I get the message "No hosts found on your monitored subnets." This is after a point in time where I enabled a bunch of devices and was viewing them in the different View options of HomeSeer and I navigated back to the "IP Subnets" tab?!? I do not remember all the steps I did to get into this state. I will leave this in this state if you want me to send you anything. FYI, I am running HS3 Pro 3.0.0.55 on Windows 7, UltraMon3 HSPI 3.0.5139.37594, and my Subnet is 192.168.10.0/24.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinesc View Post
                I am now in a situation where on the "IP Subnets" tab with the correct "Monitored: Subnet:" selected I get the message "No hosts found on your monitored subnets." This is after a point in time where I enabled a bunch of devices and was viewing them in the different View options of HomeSeer and I navigated back to the "IP Subnets" tab?!? I do not remember all the steps I did to get into this state. I will leave this in this state if you want me to send you anything. FYI, I am running HS3 Pro 3.0.0.55 on Windows 7, UltraMon3 HSPI 3.0.5139.37594, and my Subnet is 192.168.10.0/24.
                Yes, please send the screenshots to ultrajones@hotmail.com.
                Last edited by Ultrajones; February 3, 2014, 05:37 PM.
                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

UltraMon3 Host Discovery

I am attempting to setup an event to trigger when a new host is discovered on my network (using UltraMon3 3.0.5144.35738). I looked for a UltraMon3 Host Discovery trigger, but did not see any references to UltraMon3 on the trigger list. The UltraMon3 web pages are available and correctly displaying the hosts on my network, just not seeing a way to detect new hosts (except for the email option on the plug-in). I attached a screen shot for reference.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The UltraMon3 plug-in is configured to send an e-mail (if enabled) with the details on the new host discovered.

I can certainly add a "Host Discovery" trigger, but I cannot figure out a way to get the host data into an action so you can do something with it.

What action were you going to add to the Host Discovery trigger?

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I looked at the email approach, but the variability in email systems can produce too much latency between host discovery and delivery of the email notification. I was originally thinking that there would be a trigger "UltraMon3: New Host Discovery" for when a new host was detected that was not a monitored device. For access to the data, a set of devices for hostname, IP address, MAC address and subnet seemed about right.

What I am wondering, though, is how detection of multiple new hosts is currently treated. Does the plug-in send 3 separate emails if 3 new hosts are detected during a update cycle? If so, it might be better to have an option under the Discovered Host section of the Options screen to run a user-specified event for discovered hosts. My intended action is run a script which calls a web API for very low-latency and guaranteed delivery of notifications.

Comment

Originally posted by cmarti View Post
                        Thanks for the quick response. I looked at the email approach, but the variability in email systems can produce too much latency between host discovery and delivery of the email notification. I was originally thinking that there would be a trigger "UltraMon3: New Host Discovery" for when a new host was detected that was not a monitored device. For access to the data, a set of devices for hostname, IP address, MAC address and subnet seemed about right.

What I am wondering, though, is how detection of multiple new hosts is currently treated. Does the plug-in send 3 separate emails if 3 new hosts are detected during a update cycle? If so, it might be better to have an option under the Discovered Host section of the Options screen to run a user-specified event for discovered hosts. My intended action is run a script which calls a web API for very low-latency and guaranteed delivery of notifications.
                        Yes, the plug-in will send an e-mail for each new non-monitored host it detects within the monitored subnets. It won't begin alerting until after about 30 update cycles to avoid noise during the initial setup.

In my experience, e-mail notifications using gmail.com are very low-latency. As an example, if I don't have my mac being monitored, then I get an e-mail alert within about 10 seconds of it turning on.

I sent Rich an e-mail asking for ideas on how my plug-in can exchange data between an event trigger and the associated action. I'll let you know if I can come up with anything.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

I figured that it would report all new hosts. The Gmail performance you cited would have been sufficient for us, however, we experienced too many regional variances to rely on Gmail for critical message delivery to mobile assets. Looking for a more consistent message delivery vehicle, we implemented a extreme low-latency messaging framework for our distributed enterprise with routine notifications of a few seconds. My intent was to call our web API from a script to leverage this available resource for my home lab.

Though I said event instead of script in the reference to a Options modification, my thoughts were that the plug-in could call a user-specified script passing the host discovery data as parameters on the script invocation. This would support multiple host discoveries per update cycle and seems to be more consistent with the existing email implementation. I will wait to see what you decide. Thanks for giving this consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                            TCP port monitoring and the ability to monitoring anything outside of the local subnet has been removed from UltraMon3. I have not decided if I'll be adding either feature to UltraMon3. I guess I'll see what type of demand there is for those 2 features.
                            Hi Ultra,

In progress of slowly migrating to HS3. I've used the HS2 plugin for a number of years and those two features were the prime reasons I was using the plugin. Any chance of adding them into the HS3 plugin?

Thanks
                            Al
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by cmarti View Post
                              I would like the ability to trigger an event on new host discovery as well. I've been moving my notifications from email to Pushover so that type of event will allow me to receive all notifications in one spot.

Thanks
                              Al
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Discovery and status changes takes ages , why it takes so long with this new version ?
                                Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                                Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Working...
                                X