Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I restarted the service and tested the tiles don't update on their own but if I refresh the browser it updates

Comment

Setting a manu refresh causes them to flicker

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
        I restarted the service and tested the tiles don't update on their own but if I refresh the browser it updates
        It sounds like your proxy is not communicating to the UI. Can you try running it from the command prompt using "node proxy.js". Make sure your require.js.config port matches the port the proxy says its broadcasting on.

Comment

I verified the port 6152, when I run it manually I get this:

C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\HSMetro>node proxy.js 192.168.2.103
          Proxy server running and broadcasting on port 6512
          events.js:85
          throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
          ^
          Error: listen EADDRINUSE
          at exports._errnoException (util.js:746:11)
          at Server._listen2 (net.js:1156:14)
          at listen (net.js:1182:10)
          at Server.listen (net.js:1267:5)
          at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\HSMetro\proxy.js:8
          3:16)
          at Module._compile (module.js:460:26)
          at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:478:10)
          at Module.load (module.js:355:32)
          at Function.Module._load (module.js:310:12)
          at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:501:10)

Comment

You need to restart your system to clear the port.

Comment

I restarted and made sure the service is running still no dice

Comment

Stop the service and try to do it from the command prompt. Sometimes the service starts before HS loads and then looks like it's running but really not. You also need to change your service to Delayed Start so that it starts up 2 minutes after the last service starts.

Comment

ok I did the above and the proxy is running, I can see messages being passed but still no dice on the tile update

Comment

ok I did the above and the proxy is running, I can see messages being passed but still no dice on the tile update
                    If you open the Chrome Dev tools, in the console, do you see any messages stating something about "proxy broadcast received from..."

Which tiles do you have configured? Did you refresh your UI when you restarted the proxy?

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
                      Icons come from HS. That has always been my end goal for icons on the tiles. If the functionality was there initially I never would have introduced the icon parameter.

You can create a double height and width tile by using class="tile-large".

The tile color now indicates mode (off, cool, heat, auto change-over, emergency heat) as opposed to using an icon. You can edit the JS if you don't like the predefined colors.
                      Changing the class to that just creates a 4 square sized tile with the hsdevice in the top left corner, using up just a quarter of the tile. Really would like the spinner controls on the thermostat on a device tile if possible - some devices have 30+ values, and standard "click to increment" can mean having to cycle through the whole lot again.

For the thermostat, not sure what's going on there.
                      Code:
                      if (self.modeValue() == OFF) {
                                          self.defaultColor=OFF_COLOR;
                                          self.classInfo(_classInfo + OFF_COLOR);
                      Code:
                      var OFF_COLOR="bg-gray";
                      According to this, it should default to gray, as it's off? I'm getting it the same as the black background, even though defined in the home html file as bg-gray....

Comment

I refreshed the UI, using text status (which refreshes fine), regular status the clock, device, and weather. Where do I find the console and Chrome dev tools?

Comment

For the large tile can you post over in the feature request thread and give a detailed description of what you're looking for. What kind of device are you trying to control? What info are you looking to display on the tile? Reasons for tile size. That'll help trying to gauge the request

As for the tstat can you post a screen shot? The color param no longer works for tstat tiles since colors are used to now define mode. What kind of tstat are you using? What are it's valid operating modes? I may have messed something up so I need to make sure your device isn't unique in the modes it reports to HS.

Comment

I refreshed the UI, using text status (which refreshes fine), regular status the clock, device, and weather. Where do I find the console and Chrome dev tools?
                            View->Developer->Developer Tools

The console will be at the bottom right. You're not using any thermostat widgets? And the <hstextstatusdevice> widget is getting live updates while other widgets are not?

Comment

I am experiencing a similar behavior with tiles not updated. The clock and weather seem to be updating automatically. I haven't done much research/trouble shooting into it but every morning I need to refresh the tiles and anytime I leave the tablet for any length of time. If I refresh, then turn on switches, it updates automatically. It is only when left alone for a while.

I did read some where that Chrome had a bug not keeping a connection and they had to use Firefox as a work around but it was from 2011 or so, so it may be worked out by now but I have not tried firefox to see if it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by olag00 View Post
                                I am experiencing a similar behavior with tiles not updated. The clock and weather seem to be updating automatically. I haven't done much research/trouble shooting into it but every morning I need to refresh the tiles and anytime I leave the tablet for any length of time. If I refresh, then turn on switches, it updates automatically. It is only when left alone for a while.

I did read some where that Chrome had a bug not keeping a connection and they had to use Firefox as a work around but it was from 2011 or so, so it may be worked out by now but I have not tried firefox to see if it helps.
                                My Android tablets all have older versions of the OS (4.4.2) so the stock Chrome doesn't work at all for me. I've had to use the beta version available on the app store which works great. Can you try the Chrome beta version? If you're on a 5.x version of Android, stock chrome should work fine.

Can you tell me how many tiles you have, and the count of each type? Also, how many instances of the UI are you running?

Comment

Working...
                                X