3D Windows XP button style on HS web?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Windows XP button style on HS web?

I was wondering if it's possible to use Windows XP style button on the HS web? It seems to look better than the default grey rectangular button style.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Simon

This is controlled by the operating system. The buttons on the HS web status page are 3D on XP.

-Rupp

Hum ... Why is the third hand on a watch called a second hand?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

Thanks for your reply. The thing I don't understand is I get the 3D look buttons on some pages and some are rectangular shaped. For example, UltraStatus and UltraView, the REFRESH button is not 3D look and yet, the "Post Now" button on this forum has the 3D look.

Simon

Comment

"Form" buttons, those that are provided by the browser itself, would be "3d" on a WinXP system. If the page provides it's own graphics for buttons by providing "pictures" of these buttons, then those are displayed as they were created/drawn.

(Given a page with a form which has a default "Submit" button and a button that has a graphic button image, the "submit" button will look different depending on which OS and version of IE you are running, while the graphic button looks the same no matter what browser or OS version you run it on.) Perhaps in UltraSTatus and UltraView, the button for Refresh is a graphical one or one created using something other than the default form buttons.

Bryan Nystrom
        Natara Software, Inc.

Comment

You can also contorl the looks of form buttons using style sheets.
          The HomeSeer buttons have a class of formbutton.

Add this to your style sheet.
          <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
          .formbutton
          {
          border-color: #8F7869;
          background-color: #9999FF;
          color: #F5F3EF;
          font-family: Geneva, Arial, sans-serif;
          font-size: 8pt;
          }
          </pre>
          or try this one
          <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
          .formbutton
          {
          border-color: #7F7D82;
          border-top-width: medium;
          background-color: #0A0C09;
          color: #75CBFD;
          font-family: Geneva, Arial, sans-serif;
          font-size: 7pt;
          font-weight: 900;
          height: 19px;
          align: center;
          }
          </pre>

Then change the values till you get it looking the way you want.

Jeff Farmer

--
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

The style sheet can specify button appearance as well.

Rich had some style sheet additions you can optionally add to your HS style sheet for the buttons displayed by the new IR device stuff, but they make the buttons appear the old fashioned way - square (rectangular), sharp corners, grey, etc. I liked the default graphical style with XP and IE 6 much better so I did not add the entries.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
            HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Thanks a lot for the information, I got it going and all I had to do was changing a few lines in the STYLE.CSS file.

Here's what I needed to get rid of:

border-color : #E1E1E1;
              background-color : #D1D1D1;
              color : #000000;

from the following in the STYLE.CSS:

.formbutton {
              font-family : Geneva, Arial, sans-serif;
              font-variant : small-caps;
              font-size : 8pt;
              }

I still like the small-cap style as well as the 8pt rather than default 10pt. Everything looks great now and I've changed the default colour scheme from blue to green to match the theme I use in XP.

Thanks again for all the help,

Simon

Comment

Working...
              X