X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have two z-nets? ...
    Ok so Node 2 is the z-net?
    What is node 1?
    And it seems node 9, 29 are still there..didn't you just delete them as per your post above?
    Last edited by TomTom; February 20, 2016, 10:41 PM.
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Definitely an issue with nodes 2, 9 and 29. I would start by removing them from your network and then optimizing the rest of your network a few times. Once that's done and things are working reliable, I would add those 3 nodes back in one at a time and optimizing and testing the network in between.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        Definitely an issue with nodes 2, 9 and 29. I would start by removing them from your network and then optimizing the rest of your network a few times. Once that's done and things are working reliable, I would add those 3 nodes back in one at a time and optimizing and testing the network in between.

Cheers
        Al
        Well I thought i did, but maybe i did it wrong? I clicked on the name beside full name then hit delete at the bottom. Now there is no name on them so i can not drill down to delete and I have no idea what they were. None of them had names I would have used when adding devices.

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
          Do you have two z-nets? ...
          Ok so Node 2 is the z-net?
          What is node 1?
          And it seems node 9, 29 are still there..didn't you just delete them as per your post above?
          Node 1 is the Z-net, not sure how to get ride of those 3 i clicked the name before and hit delete at the bottom, but now the name is gone so not sure how to get rid of them?

Comment

You need to exclude them from the controller which you can do from the zwave plugin controller management page. Put the controller in exclude mode and follow the exclusion process for each of those devices.

Cheers
            Al

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Z-Wave problems

"I have no idea what they were."

Do you see them on the device management page(make sure all devices are checked under room, floor, and device type)?

If so and there is no other way to delete a phantom device, I have deleted them off the device management page. Then restart z-wave plugin, then z-net.
              Last edited by TomTom; February 21, 2016, 12:24 AM.
              Tom
              baby steps...starting again with HS3
              HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
              HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
              Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
              In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
              System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                "I have no idea what they were."

Do you see them on the device management page(make sure all devices are checked under room, floor, and device type)?

If so and there is no other way to delete a phantom device, I have deleted them off the device management page. Then restart z-wave plugin, then z-net.
                That's correct, I don't know what they are so I cant do a normal remove. They are not showing up in the device list at all. At this point it may be easier for me just to start over. Is there an easy way to just remove all z-wave nodes from homeseer? I know I could do one at a time but this would not solve the issue with the unknown nodes. Don't know if this means anything (just poking around to see what I could find), but when I do a back up and then open the file in notebook I assume what I am seeing is the nodes and there paths and it looks like node 1 (my z-net controller) is showing that node 2 twice in what I assume is its path.

Comment

Originally posted by ajachierno View Post
                  That's correct, I don't know what they are so I cant do a normal remove. They are not showing up in the device list at all. At this point it may be easier for me just to start over. Is there an easy way to just remove all z-wave nodes from homeseer? I know I could do one at a time but this would not solve the issue with the unknown nodes. Don't know if this means anything (just poking around to see what I could find), but when I do a back up and then open the file in notebook I assume what I am seeing is the nodes and there paths and it looks like node 1 (my z-net controller) is showing that node 2 twice in what I assume is its path.
                  There is a "Factory Reset" button on the plug-in configuration page.

That will reset and erase your controller and erase the Z-Wave databases so you can start over. This might not be a bad idea in your case.

Very Important You must first "exclude" each device before you "include" it again. Both of these steps can be done with the Z-Tool or the web interface. This exclude step is important because each device will still be associated with your controller. Excluding the devices will reset them and assure they can start "clean" with a new controller.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Before stating over try this.
                    * To delete a node ...
                    Do an import on the zwave tab, that will create a device, probably named "Sigma...".
                    Then go into that device and on the Z-Wave tab click "Remove".
                    Sometimes it gives that message but has really removed it.
                    To check, restart the interface from the function menu, or disable and re-enable the plugin, then go to the node info page and see if its gone. If so, you can then delete the device.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

First off thank you everyone for your help, I think I got the issue under control now. Below is what I did to get it fixed, mostly anyway. First off I should say I am using intouch zwave light switchs on most of my lights. After all the optimizations I did yesterday it appears something was wrong in the switch's themselves. Even though I had full control of the devices and some were even showing to be responding fine the led on them indicating they were not associated with a network was lit. I had 6 switches with this situation. I started by removing and reading each one on the 2nd switch I noticed while it removed the node properly it also tried to remove a 2nd node (29) and failed. I figured the only way that would happen is if node 29 was associated with that device so I sat there and removed the node (without adding it back in) 2 more times this cleared node 29 out completely. I repeated this for the other 2 switch's (nodes 2 and 9). Everything is looking pretty good now. Things are working again and no phantom nodes. The only "issue" I have is 2 devices are showing not responding on the connectivity check, but its the same 2 devices every time now and they are responding to commands from homeseer and events so I am going to call that a win. Thanks again everyone for your help, it is nice having things back up and working now

Comment

Working...
                      X