Amazon Echo Latency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Echo Latency

What hardware are you running HS3 on? It may be that you are taxing the hardware causing the slowness.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have no latency issue at all. In fact, when I ask Alexa to turn off the bathroom light, the light turns off before she answers OK!

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I don't have any latency either. Earlier this year I did have some problems. As it turns out Echo is very dependent on upload speeds. Echo converts your voice to a wave file and uploads it to the Amazon servers. When my modem was acting up it slowed to a crawl and occasionally failed altogether due to my upload speed dropping below 1 mb/s. When that occurred HS commands were slow or failed and Echo's responses were slow as well.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rotunnoe View Post

When you are running the HSTouch plugin what does the CPU usage look like?

Comment

My computer is running Windows 2008 R2. Its an Intel i3 3.3 GHz processor. It has 500 GBs of hard drive space and 24 GBs of RAM. CPU usage hangs around 50% usage whether the HSTouch Plugin enabled or not. I'm assuming that this is well within proper specs? The latency is occasional. I had assumed that since the connection between the Echo and HomeSeer aren't communicating directly on the LAN but rather interface with each other in the cloud somewhere that the occasional latency might be internet based. However with all of you saying that you don't experience latency at all, you're making me rethink myself.

Comment

50% is very high for a HS3 PC. Do you have other apps running on this server? 50% shouldn't cause the latency unless it spikes to 100% for long periods of time.

Comment

I have Plex media server and Carbonite backup which take up most of the resources. I have seen it spike to 100 from time to time but I'm not continuously looking at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X