Skill is not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skill is not working?

I keep getting told that "Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing your homeseer home automation skill skill right now."

Is it working for anyone else? I originally had a custom one that didnt' work, so I disabled it and enable the homeseer one and same thing. Is it something with myhs?

Mine is working in regards to triggering things still, but I am getting the same response.

Comment

you are correct, it is working (I was doing something that just returns a message, no actions at the house).

Very weird. My main use so far is so my Wife can ask homeseer where I am and it tells her.. This makes this all moot

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Comment

Well, it's back working for me. Of course I ran out and while I was out, my wife tried to use it to find out where I was and got that message above

IoT let me down again (when it comes to my wife's impression of our system).

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          I keep getting told that "Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing your homeseer home automation skill skill right now."

Is it working for anyone else? I originally had a custom one that didnt' work, so I disabled it and enable the homeseer one and same thing. Is it something with myhs?

This happens periodically. I send in a ticket through the Alexa app when this happens and Amazon blames HomeSeer. Frustrating. You don't need to do anything on your end other than be patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BeenHeavyinFlorida View Post
            This happens periodically. I send in a ticket through the Alexa app when this happens and Amazon blames HomeSeer. Frustrating. You don't need to do anything on your end other than be patient.

I wonder who's fault it really is. You can see that it's getting to my local system, it's just not receiving a response. I wonder if that's Amazon or HST. This is one of my issues with IoT stuff. I don't like having to depend on all these different servers out there who knows where in order to do my automation. I wish there was a way to do a Skill in Alexa that kept it all local (instead of having to go out to the internet through myhs).

Comment

I wonder who's fault it really is. You can see that it's getting to my local system, it's just not receiving a response. I wonder if that's Amazon or HST. This is one of my issues with IoT stuff. I don't like having to depend on all these different servers out there who knows where in order to do my automation. I wish there was a way to do a Skill in Alexa that kept it all local (instead of having to go out to the internet through myhs).

This is an evolving technology. I'm sure patience is a necessary ingredient. Once when this was happening HomeSeer was making some changes in their servers. We aren't paying monthly fees to HomeSeer so I am good with just being patient.

Comment

I wish there was a way to do a Skill in Alexa that kept it all local
                That could never happen as the Echo is dumb (apart from the invocation word) and Amazon has to process the TTS on their servers.
                Jon

Comment

Just as a point of reference, I have been hitting and testing all of this quite a bit in the last few days and never had an issue. I should clarify that I am referring to option #2 (Alexa, tell homeseer xxxxx).
                  HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
                    Just as a point of reference, I have been hitting and testing all of this quite a bit in the last few days and never had an issue. I should clarify that I am referring to option #2 (Alexa, tell homeseer xxxxx).
                    As was I, but yesterday for a period of time, it would give me the message above even though the commands did make it to homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                      That could never happen as the Echo is dumb (apart from the invocation word) and Amazon has to process the TTS on their servers.
                      Which is why I "wished" for it to be otherwise

Still, it shouldn't be impossible for them to forward the request through the echo instead for services that need "local" access, Instead of:

Voice command -> Echo -> Alexa Web Service -> Third party service -> Alexa Web Service -> Echo -> Response

do this:

Voice command -> Echo -> Alexa Web Service -> Back to Echo -> Local servcie -> Echo -> Alexa Web Service (to process vocal response) ->Echo -> Response.

Yes, it is more steps (And more points of failure), but would allow you to use local services instead of just cloud services. Of course, I'm probably a niche market, so this will never happen.

Comment

I am seeing something similar today. (Tuesday, Dec. 6th, 2016) All devices show (Offline) in Alexa (web page) and I don't see anything in Homeseer logs when I send commands through Alexa. Anyone else seeing this today or is it just me?

Comment

There is another thread going around about myhs.homeseer.com being played with by HS right now. This would affect Alexa as its a service needed for her to work.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...31#post1279031

Comment

"Unable to reach the requested skill" for me.

Having to get up and press switches to turn things on like a muggle!

Can't live like this! Going to bed :P LOL.

Comment

Stopped working for me. All devices offline. But I also notice issues the myhs this evening.

Comment

Working...
                              X