X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheeryfool

Comment

Ah man, just got my radbeacons setup yesterday. bought them because of the smaller size, maybe should gone with the cheaper ones that Sparkman purchased. fingers crossed.

Comment

I have four of them and they have been working since this summer (Aug), two in cars and two at door entrances. I noticed from the beginning that one of my car iBeacons would not hold the device id, it would revert back to default number 1, since I had the other set as Id 2-4 it didn't matter and GeoFency doesn't care as long as you define which beacon id number your using you can call it anything. Have not had any issues since and they seem to be working reliability (knock on wood).
        Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
        Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
        HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
          I have four of them and they have been working since this summer (Aug), two in cars and two at door entrances. I noticed from the beginning that one of my car iBeacons would not hold the device id, it would revert back to default number 1, since I had the other set as Id 2-4 it didn't matter and GeoFency doesn't care as long as you define which beacon id number your using you can call it anything. Have not had any issues since and they seem to be working reliability (knock on wood).
          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
          Plugin's:
          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I've installed PHLocation and have Geofency on my iPhone able to update a location. However, I can't seem to create known places. On the configuration screen I have the error:

There must be at least 1 position-based user device configured before you can add a known place!

I have no idea how to add a "position-based user device" and the manual doesn't seem to be any help.

On the users/devices config screen, I have an entry with a DV Address, but the "User/Device ID" field is set to N/A, which leads me to believe I need to link something somewhere, but can't determine where, and google hasn't provided any help either.

Comment

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
              I've installed PHLocation and have Geofency on my iPhone able to update a location. However, I can't seem to create known places. On the configuration screen I have the error:

There must be at least 1 position-based user device configured before you can add a known place!

I have no idea how to add a "position-based user device" and the manual doesn't seem to be any help.

On the users/devices config screen, I have an entry with a DV Address, but the "User/Device ID" field is set to N/A, which leads me to believe I need to link something somewhere, but can't determine where, and google hasn't provided any help either.

The issue is that geofency is a geofencing utility and the known places are for utilities that constantly report location to PHLocation. I'm not personally familiar with how geofency works as I am an Android user but you probably need to create a geofence in goefency which then reports to PHLocation if you're within it or not. It will describe in the PHLocation manual how to get it working.
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I don't think Geofency alone will give you the information needed here. It tells if you are near or not near something, but not at a certain location. I think you need to setup an iCloud account to get positional data reported. That's worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyborg View Post
                  I don't think Geofency alone will give you the information needed here. It tells if you are near or not near something, but not at a certain location. I think you need to setup an iCloud account to get positional data reported. That's worked for me.
                  I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Comment

Hi there! I am new to Homeseer this week. This is a pretty nice tool for home automation. So far I have the Zwave up a and working, pretty straight forward. My issue is that I want to intall PHLocation on the Hometroller SEL. I have no access to the USR folder to move the zip folder. Is this normal? I have never used Linux/Ubuntu before and am totally clueless on navigation/permissions.

Comment

Originally posted by brianstapleton View Post
                      Hi there! I am new to Homeseer this week. This is a pretty nice tool for home automation. So far I have the Zwave up a and working, pretty straight forward. My issue is that I want to intall PHLocation on the Hometroller SEL. I have no access to the USR folder to move the zip folder. Is this normal? I have never used Linux/Ubuntu before and am totally clueless on navigation/permissions.
                      Welcome to HomeSeer Sir!

I can't help you at all as I'm Linux free here. What I can say is that if you don't get an answer in this thread you should post your own new thread mentioning the Linux aspect of your dilemma. There are a lot of Linux people here who I'm sure would be more than happy to lend a hand. They just need to get your questions on their radar.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                        Welcome to HomeSeer Sir!

I can't help you at all as I'm Linux free here. What I can say is that if you don't get an answer in this thread you should post your own new thread mentioning the Linux aspect of your dilemma. There are a lot of Linux people here who I'm sure would be more than happy to lend a hand. They just need to get your questions on their radar.
                        Thank you! I will do that. Appreciate the help.

Comment

Do Google not have an api that can be used for native support rather than using 3rd party apps on Android?

Comment

Originally posted by deanrparry View Post
                            Do Google not have an api that can be used for native support rather than using 3rd party apps on Android?

There was. It was called Google Latitude. Hence the HS2 version of this plugin is called Snevl Latitude. They caned that project several years back.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                              There was. It was called Google Latitude. Hence the HS2 version of this plugin is called Snevl Latitude. They caned that project several years back.
                              I know Latitude was dropped so have Google completely killed off any form of external access to developers now then?

Comment

Originally posted by deanrparry View Post
                                I know Latitude was dropped so have Google completely killed off any form of external access to developers now then?

Yep. In my experience Latitude didn't work very well any way. It would report me having been in places I've never been to before. Like Waaaaaaaaay out in the Pacific.

Comment

Working...
                                X