Replacing GE dimmers with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing GE dimmers with Homeseer

Thinking of replacing some of my 3way GE dimmer setups with Homeseer dimmers. Can someone tell me if it's a pretty straightforward wire swap?

As long as your lights have the white common wire then the wiring is the same.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      As long as your lights have the white common wire then the wiring is the same.
      thanks.. three questions.

1. does it use the red traveler wire
      2. I supposed I can't use the GE companion switches ?
      3. Anyone know how I can get it in a dark brown?

oh... one more. assume double/triple tap work with companion switches as well? same events through all 3-way, or can it be different?

Comment

Yes, optionally if you need a companion switch.

I don't know on this one, I have only used the HomeSeer companion switches. But I think they are pretty simple devices so there may be a good chance of interoperability.

Not sure.

oh... one more. assume double/triple tap work with companion switches as well? same events through all 3-way, or can it be different?

The companion switches simply mirror the double/triple tap event from the parent switch. They do not provide distinct/unique double/triple tap events.

Comment

Originally posted by savageautomate View Post

Yes, optionally if you need a companion switch.

I don't know on this one, I have only used the HomeSeer companion switches. But I think they are pretty simple devices so there may be a good chance of interoperability.

Not sure.

The companion switches simply mirror the double/triple tap event from the parent switch. They do not provide distinct/unique double/triple tap events.
          Thanks, they came in last night! One thing I wish was that the companion switches had the LED status lights as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
            thanks.. three questions.

The Jasco companion switches will work with the HomeSeer dimmers and switches. They present a simple resistive value between the neutral and traveler wire. The HS and GE/Jasco companions measure the same. I am still using a few Jasco companions with HS switches.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              The Jasco companion switches will work with the HomeSeer dimmers and switches. They present a simple resistive value between the neutral and traveler wire. The HS and GE/Jasco companions measure the same. I am still using a few Jasco companions with HS switches.
              Oh man..... Wonder if HS will let me send back the $100 in companion switches I just received?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                Oh man..... Wonder if HS will let me send back the $100 in companion switches I just received?
                Can someone remind me of i can use the replace function for these so I don't have to go back and exit my existing events? Can't find a solid answer.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X