This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing something. Suggestions please.

I couldn't figure how to Post the info so used attachment.

I am trying to setup my first DS10 called Hall-Foyer and initially get it to speak “DS10-1”.
    I can see “Alert” and Normal in the Log but Can’t seem to see what I’, missing.
    I noticed someone had Ultra Script whatever that is and do I need it?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks…Sonny
    Attached Files
    Last edited by buvens; June 12, 2009, 09:15 PM.

The use of an IP address for the host name does not work with the speaker client.

(If you are attempting to speak on your current machine, you need not specify the Host Name nor Instance.)

IF SPEAKING WITH A REMOTE MACHINE
    Be sure you have the HomeSeer Speaker client running on the machine to receive the spoken words. Open the speaker client (right-click...Restore) on that machine. Select OPTIONS. Your host name and instance will be displayed. Note that information. If instance name is DEFAULT, it will not be needed.

Back on the machine with the events... Enter the host name in the event SPEAK command, save the event and try to speak to the remote computer.

Comment

The ip address is my laptop not my HS machine and it works fine for other things. Even works when I tell the Event to run.
      I think my problrm os I can see it go to Alert and Normal but nowhere can I find those as trigger options.

Thanks for the sggestion though...Sonny

Comment

This event works for me. (I have a DS10 connected to the mailbox door.) Have you tried a different action, to confirm that it is the trigger that is not working?
        Attached Files
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Michael, do you have the DS10 set as a "Supervised Door/windows/glass" sensor?

Is there any other place other than the ACRF Security Device you need to tell HS or ACRF that you added a device"

Oh, I did try flipping za ZWave device to check it. No go..

Got to be missing something.

Also want to thank you for the many times you have bailed me out on these type things.

Thanks..Sonny
          Last edited by buvens; June 13, 2009, 03:04 PM. Reason: added something

Comment

You have your DS-10 device set as a SECURITY REMOTE in your listing. I missed that initially. It should be set as a SUPERVISED DOOR/WINDOW SENSOR.

Once you get your event to work, add a "cannot retrigger" value in the NAME tab of the event. Sometimes, multiple instances of a trigger from the DS-10 will cause your event to trigger multiple times.

Comment

Thanks BobT.

I added the "Cannot Trigger" option in and it is working. Maybe it was triggering too much and getting confused.

Hey, some things don't make a lot of sense but before I retired I always told my people, "I never got payed on why. Just results"

Using the Windows 7 Snipping tool to make a "Snip" of how it is working so I can go back and modify it to do what I need.

Thanks to you and Michael for your suggestions.

Got a RXcom in the mail today for some Oregan sensors so sure I will have some more questions before too long.

It sure nice to see/hear it work. Oh, I did change it from the IP address to the name and that works also.

Comment

Working...
              X