BLRFID Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLRFID Support

I am using your application with one of three of the RFID units. Its been working fine up until a couple of days ago. (years now)

Just noticed that it doesn't appear to see any tags. I just shut down HS to validate that there is data on the com port and there is.

This happened once before (maybe last year). I just re-installed the plugin and all came back just fine.

This morning I initially disabled the plugin and re-enabled it; nothing.

I then shut down HS and installed it fresh; still nothing.

I just enabled debug and logging and see nothing.

Funny thing is I have not touched nor modified anything directly with the plugin nor modified any of the events that are being utilized with the plugin.

Any suggestions relating to my next steps?

Or should I just remove the plugin and not bother utilizing it anymore?

6/14/2011 10:16:10 AM Plug-In Shutting down generic Plug-In: BLRfid
    6/14/2011 10:16:10 AM BLRfid end BLRfid is shutting down...
    6/14/2011 10:16:10 AM BLRfid end RFID receiver #1 (COM15) is Closed!
    6/14/2011 10:16:11 AM BLRfid end BLRfid plugin has been shutdown
    6/14/2011 10:16:21 AM BLPlugins start Register Callback completed
    6/14/2011 10:16:21 AM BLPlugins start BLPlugins version is: 1.0.13.0
    6/14/2011 10:16:21 AM Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: BLPlugins
    6/14/2011 10:16:21 AM BLPlugins start Initializing BLPlugins...
    6/14/2011 10:16:21 AM BLPlugins start Loaded configuration successfully
    6/14/2011 10:16:22 AM BLPlugins start BLPlugins plugin has been initialized
    6/14/2011 10:16:22 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in BLPlugins
    6/14/2011 10:16:36 AM Plug-In Shutting down generic Plug-In: BLPlugins
    6/14/2011 10:16:36 AM BLPlugins end BLPlugins is shutting down...
    6/14/2011 10:16:37 AM BLPlugins end BLPlugins plugin has been shutdown
    6/14/2011 10:16:46 AM BLRfid start Register Callback completed
    6/14/2011 10:16:46 AM BLRfid start BLRfid version is: 1.0.38.0
    6/14/2011 10:16:46 AM Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: BLRfid
    6/14/2011 10:16:46 AM BLRfid start Initializing BLRfid...
    6/14/2011 10:16:46 AM BLRfid start Loaded configuration successfully
    6/14/2011 10:16:46 AM BLRfid start BLRfid Debug Logging is Enabled!
    6/14/2011 10:16:46 AM BLRfid start RFID Tags and Groups have been loaded.
    6/14/2011 10:16:46 AM BLRfid start RFID Receiver #1 (COM15) is Open!
    6/14/2011 10:16:46 AM BLRfid start BLRfid plugin has been initialized
    6/14/2011 10:16:46 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in BLRfid
    Nothing in the logs other than the above indicating that the plugin is working. Historically I would see the tags in either the BLRFID logs or the HS logs (both on right now).

Here is a snippet of the detailed log. It also doesn't appear to be seeing the tags; yet I can see them fine via a direct serial connection.

Should I post the debug logs (they are about 9 megs each from this morning)?
    Last edited by Pete; June 14, 2011, 12:12 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

My next steps:

1 - disabled plugin
    2 - shutdown Homeseer
    3 - validated com port traffic
    4 - removed DLL from plugin, removed ini, removed all logs and any reference I could find to the plugin.

Right now its not worth the effort to play with it as it was always plug n play. I don't see anything in the logs from 2 days ago which would make it quit working.

The removal was painless.
    Last edited by Pete; June 14, 2011, 12:13 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I had this happen once about a year ago. All I really did was reboot the HS server. So far it's been flawless ever since.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I had a similiar occurance last year as stated and the plugin returned to a functioning state right away.

There appears to be another issue related to the plugin this time.

I removed all of the variables and groups while the plugin was running in the plugin configuration pages.

I then removed all HS variables and events associated with the plugin.

I then disabled the plugin.

I rebooted; enabled the plugin; logs showed it was enabled; reconfigured it; it created a new INI yet didn't see any tags.

Disabled the plugin. Removed any files associated with the plugin. Tested the com port again (data coming in just fine). (this took all of about 5 minutes)

But its not worth my time or effort to play with it any more.

I am also using Cheaper RFID with two recievers.

It takes two minutes to get another RFID plugin set up and configured and I don't really rely too much on the events triggered by the RFID devices.

Its less work to configure another RFID plugin right now to use the 3rd reciever than to try to figure out what's up with this or rely on any support at this time.
        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

I'm a big fan of BLRFID, but a long-standing issue I've had is that if something causes it to be convinced that tags are gone when they aren't, the only way for it to ever seem that tags again is for them to actually go out of range and come back. I sent debug to Bob a long time ago, but he couldn't figure it out. I don't know if that is the problem you are seeing or not, but it is worth checking: Take the batteries out of the tags and let them sit for several minutes before putting the batteries back in, then see what happens.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve and Marty.

The tags are literally now buried in the automobiles.

I would have to partially dismantel the cars to get to the tags. They are all broadcasting fine though. I have powered on and off the recievers and manually checked each one and can see the 4 tags just fine.

I'll give it another try disabling the other two recievers and disconnecting the antenna on the one connected to BLRFID and see what happens.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I was able to get it to work again by swapping the com port with one of the CheaperRFID ports.

The com port that didn't work with BLRFID works fine with CheaperRFID.

Doesn't make any sense to me.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Ok, I have a hard time believing this is a coincidence....

I hadn't restarted HS in a while. There was a MS patch waiting and I got to a point in some development that I wanted to restart HS anyway, so I installed the HS patch and rebooted. After the reboot, HS iformed me one at a time that all three cars had departed. Sure enough, I looked at the BLRFID went "out of range within a few seconds, right after the reboot. In my case I have three RFID tags in each car, so the chances of it being the tags is zero.

I need to go see what the patch was that I installed from Microsoft. Amost all my serial ports are via two edgeport-8's (I have two ports via a 4-port lantronix box), and all of them seems to be working fine. In fact, so far only BLRFID is on the blink.

We probably need to post a report on Bob's site.

Steve

UPDATE: Right after I posted, all three vehicles were reported as "arrived", and a few seconds later they "departed". Strange.

Comment

Interesting Steve.

My set up only worked a few hours and quit. I am using two 8 port Edgeports. (years).

Cheaper ID continues to work fine.

I have not run an MS updates in a couple of weeks. I have though run both an Adobe and Java update. Not sure which one was a couple of days ago.

I couldn't get to Bob's forum earlier today (still can't). I can get to the main web page though.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I don't think he's had his message board up for months. You should be able to still get to his help desk though, from his main page. I'll try and post something too, but it will be tomorrow.

Steve

Comment

I tried to log in to the help desk. It let me register but going to a blank page when I log into it. Have you have any luck Steve?
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        I tried to log in to the help desk. It let me register but going to a blank page when I log into it. Have you have any luck Steve?
                        Pete,

As luck would have it, all my tags showed back up as being "In range" at the same time last night, only 30 minutes or so after my last post. It's been working every since, correctly logging when my car left for work this morning and returned this evening. Problem is, I don't know whether to trust it, so I've got the auto-open / -close of the garage door disabled for now.

I'm probably going to keep an eye on it for several days, and if it continues to work fine I'll re-enable stuff.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

I switched over this morning to using XAP RFID.

Noticed that this one also shows RSSI status for the newer type of RFID recievers.

Works for me.

Pete
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            Noticed that this one also shows RSSI status for the newer type of RFID recievers.
                            Mine are all the old receivers. In fact, I was pretty certain that they would become hard to find, so bought an extra receiver, an extra 40M tag, and three 8M tags. Guess I'm ready for when my youngest gets her car....

Steve

Comment

I switched back to BLRFID. This time I started by removing the configuration ini file and HS variables. It started from scratch asking me for a com port creating a new base code and all is well again. I found it an issue when I tried to associate the created RF device names to custom codes; it would do stuff like create multiple instances of one device code (like four "t1"'s). When I let it do its thing it created unique device codes with a new never used base code. Another thing too is I changed the timing of the RFID on/off stuff and immediately saw all of the devices show up in the logs. I am also still using the 3rd rfid reciever to test out a port "23" via the Quatech box; but really don't need it.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X