• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is this entry:

AlexaNoMatchResponse=*

Change it to:

AlexaNoMatchResponse=

Please read the docs about this setting.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      You must have something wrong as the vocation word is never passed to Homeseer?
      I don't see this in HS, I see it in the Alexa app. Is it a concern?
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

If you have everything installed correctly, you should see an entry in the Homeseer log like this:

Nov-12 15:11:23 Jon00_Alexa Alexa command heard: 'turn the fan on'

I actually said to Alexa, "Alexa, Tell Homeseer to turn the fan on"

Do you see something similar?
        Jon

Comment

Jon, I did my first test all went as expected ( I still dont know how to work with Json and capi there for I will stick with event for now) but what does "alexa number string" mean?

Nov-12 2:28:32 PM Event Event Trigger "VR Garage opener"
          Nov-12 2:28:32 PM Jon00_Alexa Alexa Number String:
          Nov-12 2:28:32 PM Jon00_Alexa Script processing time: 4 ms
          Nov-12 2:28:32 PM Jon00_Alexa Response sent to Alexa: 'in process'
          Nov-12 2:28:32 PM Jon00_Alexa Successful trigger under [Trigger1]
          Nov-12 2:28:32 PM Jon00_Alexa Alexa command heard: 'open carport'
          Hector
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

As per the documentation, the [alexanumstring] is the spoken word examined which can be treated as numeric (String) value. For example, you can use it to interpret the spoken number like twenty three and it can convert that to an String of 23. The number can then be passed as a string to a script you define. Of course, if you want to use this as an actual integer within a script, then you will need to convert from a String to an integer.

This is a very handy feature especially if you are interested in having Alexa (homeseer) control your cable box. as I do. In my case, I just say, "Alexa, tell Leena to change the channel ta 23" . If I use "Alexa, tell Leena to change the channel to 23", then it will change the channel to 223. It interprets the "to" as 2. Not sure of another workaround.

Hope this helps.

Robert
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

For the most part I have the helper working well but I'm falling foul of general failings in the voice recognition.

I think it would be a good idea if it were possible to define a list of "key values" like room titles which could either be taught or perhaps aliased with numbers or codes.

For example I'm getting hit or miss results with "lounge" which is sometimes being heard as "launch".

I've thought of testing other names as an alternative and the helper with one point of change would make that easier but there are only so may alternatives to various room names.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                The problem is this entry:

AlexaNoMatchResponse=*

Change it to:

AlexaNoMatchResponse=

Please read the docs about this setting.
                Yes, that was it. Overlooked it in the documentation

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NJS1964 View Post
                  For the most part I have the helper working well but I'm falling foul of general failings in the voice recognition.

I think it would be a good idea if it were possible to define a list of "key values" like room titles which could either be taught or perhaps aliased with numbers or codes.

For example I'm getting hit or miss results with "lounge" which is sometimes being heard as "launch".

I've thought of testing other names as an alternative and the helper with one point of change would make that easier but there are only so may alternatives to various room names.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
                  While not exactly what you are looking for, but you can do ors (double pipe ||) for the alexatext values. So you can do:

lounge lights on||launch lights on

Having a dictionary would be nice too, but might add a lot to processing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                    While not exactly what you are looking for, but you can do ors (double pipe ||) for the alexatext values. So you can do:

lounge lights on||launch lights on

Having a dictionary would be nice too, but might add a lot to processing.

Ah so if the "mis-hears" are consistent then I can make them the alternatives - excellent thinking

Comment

Originally posted by NJS1964 View Post
                      Ah so if the "mis-hears" are consistent then I can make them the alternatives - excellent thinking
                      Yes...I have some with 10 plus ors... Lol

Comment

I've been surprised how popular this has become so have decided to write a configuration web page. Coming soon....
                        Attached Files
                        Jon

Comment

Wow, nice!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

Comment

For those of you that want both Jon's helper technology along with the capability that Wade created, then you will want to configure JON00Alexa.ini such that AlexaNoMatchResponse=*

This will then allow you to have both capabilities which is really cool. Keep in mind that you will still need to enable the "Voice command:" setting as part of the device or event properties. This is a requirement as part of the HomeSeer Technologies solution not Jon's. While some may think that it is a pain to configure each event or device to be voice enabled, think of it as a efficiency thing that is good. One could create a script to enable each of the devices and events, but for environments like mine where I have over 900 devices this would create a mess. Certainly I would never voice enable all of them. Only a select few.

Make sense.
                            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

+1 Jon... thanks. Nice addition!

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
                              For those of you that want both Jon's helper technology along with the capability that Wade created, then you will want to configure JON00Alexa.ini such that AlexaNoMatchResponse=*
                              This will then allow you to have both capabilities which is really cool.
                              I'm not sure if I understand here. What capability of Wade's are you referring to?

Robert
                              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

The HomeSeer Technologies second option which can actually do more than what is being stated in their documentation. For example:
                                Alexa tell homeseer to turn on the deck lights at 12:30 AM for four hours.

Alexa tell homeseer to turn on the deck lights next tuesday at four a.m. for four hours
                                HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
                                X