Use BLGData to not do something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use BLGData to not do something

I have been reading all the posts and I think I need to use a handler but not sure.

I have 3 events that run on a weekday basis to get the kids up for school. In my home calendar I want to enter the days there is no school. Then based on that stop the 3 events from executing that day.

What I am not sure of is if I need to create the calendar item as an all day appointment or if it needs to be timed (like 0600 to 0800).

And then how based on posts by others, I am still not clear how it gets turned back on once it is disabled.

Anyone can point me in the right direction, I appreciate it.
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

I figured out the first part of this. so for others who need beginner help, this is what I did. Assume you have the API setup for the calendar and at attached. There are enough posts to complete that action.

In the google calendar on the days the kids have no school, I created an appointment from 5am to 8am with the descritipion of NoSchool.

In the plugin under handlers I created a new one called No School with a trigger of NoSchool. In the Before/After box I put the events I did not want to fire because there is no school in the format of HS[DisableEvent~NameOfEvent]. My 4 events kick off between 5:30 and 7 am weekdays, so at 5am they get disabled.

Now I need to figure out how they get Enabled, since I though the After part would do that at 8 am, but it does not.
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

If someone has a before and after working, please let me know how you did it. No matter what I try, I either get the before and no after or nothing at all.

What I want is a 2 hour calendar event and the handler associated with the event to turn off (disable event) 3 events and then when the calendar event is done, to turn them back on (enable event).

Comment

Working...
      X