www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > HAI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr)

HAI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr) Discussion about Rob Mason's HAI Panel Plug-in

Old February 10th, 2017, 10:12 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasers03 View Post
No scene set up... all I am asking Alexa to do is "turn on All Kitchen Lights to 50%" which only results in 100%?
Ok, thats not going to work. You are essentially giving 2 commands in a single request. Alexa is executing the first command, turning on the lights, but the Dim 50% is never getting processed.

You do have an option though. You can create a virtual device called "Kitchen Light Scene". Create an Event so that when that device is ON, dim your lights to 50%. Now, you can just say "Alexa, Turn on the Kitchen Light Scene"

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
61 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via HAI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, HAI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
Old February 10th, 2017, 09:20 PM
Seer

Mason aren't I giving two commands when I say "Alexa turn on the kitchen counter lights to 55%" which by the way works well for the individual kitchen light sets? But not for ALL the 6 sets of Kitchen lights.
Old February 11th, 2017, 12:19 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasers03 View Post
Mason aren't I giving two commands when I say "Alexa turn on the kitchen counter lights to 55%" which by the way works well for the individual kitchen light sets? But not for ALL the 6 sets of Kitchen lights.
I'm very surprised that works at all. It doesn't fit the syntax of the Amazon Connected Home API. Regardless, I'm not sure how HS would know which lights to even control.
Note that this is the connection between Amazon and HS, not the plugin.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
Old August 11th, 2017, 04:19 PM
Seer

I got busy and went away from the efforts to get HS and OmniProII working to control Compose Protocol lights, hoping it'd eventually come around. I finally got around to factory reseting Hometroller / HS3, etc. and reinstalling with the current "Omni" plug-in. Sadly it seems to be in the same state where compose scenes are not available, and status of individual units is not working. I'd bought HS/etc. for this purpose, and if can get working happily will purchase the Omni License. Is there a plan to support this in the future?

Scott
Old August 11th, 2017, 04:28 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRamsdell View Post
I got busy and went away from the efforts to get HS and OmniProII working to control Compose Protocol lights, hoping it'd eventually come around. I finally got around to factory reseting Hometroller / HS3, etc. and reinstalling with the current "Omni" plug-in. Sadly it seems to be in the same state where compose scenes are not available, and status of individual units is not working. I'd bought HS/etc. for this purpose, and if can get working happily will purchase the Omni License. Is there a plan to support this in the future?

Scott
I released a version for testing scenes a while back and no one responded with any feedback When I converted the plugin to OMNI, I removed the Scenes tab completely, but the underlying code is still in there.

Let the dust settle with this renamed version and I'll see what I can do.