Multiple instances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple instances

Rob- Is it possible to run multiple instances of the plugin? I have two panels I would like to connect to.

Thats a good question. I dont have 2 panels, but I think Pete runs 2 panels. He might have them on separate HS installs, though...

I do know that the plugin can run remotely. I had mine running on a dedicated Pi2 a while back and it ran great. It showed up in the list as "Connected Remotely" under the instance column.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Second instance

How do you make a second instance of the plugin run so that there are two HAI plugins running at once under homeseer pro?

Comment

To run a multi-instance plugin, you have to start it with command-line arguments. So, to start up HAI, you would open a command-prompt, go to your c:\program files\homeseer hs3 folder and type:
        HSPI_HAI server=<ip address> port=10400

But, I dont think it will allow you to run 2 separate panels. The config file is specific to the instance being run. Also the devices in HS were created without regard to the instance.

I would need to make some code changes to make this work. I'll add it to my list, but it will be some time before I can get to it.

Comment

sample

Spud just upgraded his UPB plugin to allow for multiple instances of the plug in with each running a separate UPB network. You do have to make sure not to duplicate names between the two sets of network items so for example only one porch light otherwise it is difficult to do the programing.

Attached os a screen shot of how his plug in shows up on the manage plugin page.
          Attached Files

Comment

yeah, he's using the instance name to keep things separated. I'll do something similar to keep things separated. Thanks!

Comment

Update

I'm really anxious to get this going as well. Is there any update?

Thx!

Comment

I have been waiting on this for a while too. I am about to install a 3rd Panel out at my brother's house so it would be great to be able to monitor all of them together.

Hey Rob, are we supposed to assume you are taking time off to enjoy your holiday or are you working like crazy to give Multiple Instances and Hi-Fi Audio control additions to the Plug-In to us as gifts for Christmas? It would look pretty selfish of you to take time off from the development of this plugin to enjoy time off for you and your family, just sayin....

Comment

Ha travis!! Yeah, it's starting to get busy around here. Merry Christmas you guys!

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Comment

Merry Christmas to you Rob and your family!!!

Here just found an old Radio Flyer red wagon (in the attic) that will be utilized for grand children's Christmas gifts next to the Christmas tree.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      Merry Christmas to you Rob and your family!!!

Here just found an old Radio Flyer red wagon (in the attic) that will be utilized for grand children's Christmas gifts next to the Christmas tree.
                      Merry Christmas Pete!
                      What a nice use for the wagon!

Comment

Hey Rob,

Curious if you have looked into this yet? I am installing that 3rd Panel this weekend at my bro's house.

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                          I have been waiting on this for a while too. I am about to install a 3rd Panel out at my brother's house so it would be great to be able to monitor all of them together.

Hey Rob, are we supposed to assume you are taking time off to enjoy your holiday or are you working like crazy to give Multiple Instances and Hi-Fi Audio control additions to the Plug-In to us as gifts for Christmas? It would look pretty selfish of you to take time off from the development of this plugin to enjoy time off for you and your family, just sayin....
                          Interested to know how do you mange them remotely? HAI Dealer software, IP & Port forwarding, or going through his MyHS account? BTW - I too think Rob should be using his weekend time for Audio via Alexa too! REALLY anxious for that piece. To get around it for now, I built a fe macros (buttons) "Alexa - turn on Kitchen Jazz." I also integrate all my music with Houseband Skill and Jriver Media Center (which runs on a Mac or PC.)

Comment

They way it works today, I cant see how it would work. The configuration file is built for a single instance since it contains the keys for the panel. I would need to have a separate group inside each INI file for each panel. I probably should have had that in mind in the early development phase

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
                              Interested to know how do you mange them remotely? HAI Dealer software, IP & Port forwarding, or going through his MyHS account? BTW - I too think Rob should be using his weekend time for Audio via Alexa too! REALLY anxious for that piece. To get around it for now, I built a fe macros (buttons) "Alexa - turn on Kitchen Jazz." I also integrate all my music with Houseband Skill and Jriver Media Center (which runs on a Mac or PC.)
                              Right now I do use the Dealer PC Access Software to config and maintain the panels. Then DynDNS entries for each of their panels and using Port Forwarding for access. That combined with the Snap-Link App for the two locations that don't have HomeSeer. What I want to accomplish is being able to add the two other panels into my HS Server so I can send alarm Push Notifications (through PushOver) to their phones from their panels, using me as a conduit. Without multiple instances, I would have to add the crappy email board or manage another software to do something similar for them. I don't want to have to buy a HS Zee S2 for them and the PI again to accomplish the goal. Several of the PI's I have (Mostly Blade & Spud's stuff) have multiple instances as an option.

-Travis

Comment

Working...
                              X