Heatit Underfloor Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reggs11 View Post
    Ah, I've fiddled about a little more. Are your sensors set to Air+Floor as the sensor setting?

The status does change if I use that setting, but not if I just use Floor as the sensor setting.

That is enough to work with. Many thanks Paul.
    - John
    Mine are set to use Floor only because the actual units are not installed in the room being heated.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
      Mine are set to use Floor only because the actual units are not installed in the room being heated.

Paul..
      Yep, I thought I'd sussed it as one stat had updated and finally switched its value to off. Neither value has updated since (last change time either) so I'm a little stumped

Comment

Hey Paul - I've done quite a bit of reading up on these thermostats now and there seems to be a lot of problems.
        https://community.openhab.org/t/prob...e-sensor/15378

I was wondering if your thermostats are on v1.7 firmware or the latest v1.8?

On v1.7 it seems as though Heatit were saying that the inbuilt temperature should not be used as it is inaccurate due to
        temperature fluctuations from the back box and internal electronics. There also seem to be an issue with v1.7 that
        means the device does not send the actual temperature it sends the setpoint. Madness!
        The 1.8 fix appears to have been to ignore the internal air temperature sensor and use an external one but I'm not entirely sure from the threads.
        Perhaps this was just for upgrades that were sent back to Heatit for a firmware upgrade.

I believe my thermostats are v1.8, but they definitely do send the current temperature but that root status device is just not switching at all.
        No time updates at all either. If your thermostats are v1.8 then I'll be even more stumped than I was yesterday!

With 2 thermostats and only one floor sensor I really can't see any other option than ditching one thermostat and wiring in a solid state relay to
        switch on all 3 matts (18 Amps). My idiot electrician should have also put these on a separate ring

Comment

Sorry to jump into this thread but it is relevant to setting up these thermostats. I am thinking of adding them to control my underfloor heating system in the US. Everything I read about them is that they are EU Z-Wave frequency only - 868.4 MHz. Does that mean they will not work in the US? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
            Sorry to jump into this thread but it is relevant to setting up these thermostats. I am thinking of adding them to control my underfloor heating system in the US. Everything I read about them is that they are EU Z-Wave frequency only - 868.4 MHz. Does that mean they will not work in the US? Thanks.
            US and European Z-Wave frequencies are different so no, these won't work unless there is a specific version made for the US market. This goes for all Z-Wave devices.

'Z-Wave operates at 868.42 MHz in Europe, at 908.42 MHz in the North America and uses other frequencies in other countries depending on their regulations'

Comment

Working...
            X