Coming from Vera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
    I don't know if the Edge has a Zigbee radio or not. Just using what I got.

I have and use the JowiHue plugin and I think it's great with my Hue bridge and with my DeConz server. Nothing negative about it.

As for Conbee/Raspbee with DeConz. I look at your list of things you have running. All lights and Philips. I have a ConBeee and DeConz setup and it works great with the two Osram/Lightify+ plus bulbs I have. It doesn't work with my NYCE motion sensors or door sensors or my old SmartThings multipurpose sensors or any other Zigbee device I have (lamp module for repeater). I'm hoping and waiting for the day more ZHA things are supported by DeConz and not just ZLL.

Now on the FLIP side of what I just said. I really do want to try a Philips motion sensor. Three reasons.

1. I have never tested them.
    2. I think they will work with JowiHue through the Hue bridge
    3. If they work and have excellent performance then they are cheaper than the NYCE sensors.
    I answered your other thread. I have the hue motion sensors and I wouldn't buy any other zigbee sensor. They work great even through conbee, deconz and the jowihue plugin. What makes them better is their response time. They will reset back to no motion after 10 sec. and it doesn't seem to hurt the battery life. Also the light sensor is completely independent of motion. I have zooz ones that won't send a light value unless you trip the motion part.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
      I answered your other thread. I have the hue motion sensors and I wouldn't buy any other zigbee sensor. They work great even through conbee, deconz and the jowihue plugin. What makes them better is their response time. They will reset back to no motion after 10 sec. and it doesn't seem to hurt the battery life. Also the light sensor is completely independent of motion. I have zooz ones that won't send a light value unless you trip the motion part.
      I have a Zooz 4-n-1 and zse09 and i think they are the same on not updating lux.

Zigbee motion sensors are generally a lot better than z-wave on their speed and reset times. I think for sensors zigbee is probably better than z-wave but I'm not doing with my testing/comparison yet

I really like the NYCE Ceiling motion sensors. They are super discreet and Zigbee so they are super fast response/reset times.

Oh yeah I saw your other reply

Comment

Wow I will be 2 years old next month. Dam time goes by fast. No regret buying HS3. Looking forward to installing HS4. I will wait until it’s been out of beta.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X