This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLM beta - appears to disconnect

Firstly, apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place here - I couldn't find a board or thread specific to the PLM test?

I got my new PLM, and decided to retry homeseer (I still use Indigo, as it's more reliable.... no SDM vileness).

The PLM seemed fast and reliable, but only seems to work for about 10 minutes (or a combination of group changes, haven't worked out which yet) before it basically stops responding to HS. The only solution is a "Disable" interface, unplug PLM, plugin PLM, "Enable" interface.

1. Where should I post this stuff?
    2. What logs / debug etc should I post?
    3. Is HS actually 'supporting' this now, or is it still Jon working on it in his free time?

Thanks!
    -Alistair

does this happen with indigo?

i am using one with a hardware based insteon unit and noticed the plm goes craplinc on me too - just quits responding - i have to unplug it, wait awhile and plug it back in - i don't know what type of commands i was sending because i do not know the insteon protocol - but i was setting up scenes

i have had the same problem with a few different plms but was unsure if the problem is the plm or my device

Comment

Check with SmartHome. It will take a while for them to get this hardware/firmware sorted. They tend to release hardware not quite ready for prime time and will need to be updated to get any consistency.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

i agree with that - not sure it will be improved either

as far as i can tell - the options for communicating with insteon are the plm or the plc/sdm combo - both seem to have problems

i was curious if the problem arose with indigo - the plm might have a problem - if so, it might account for some of the problems being reported with the plugin

Comment

Working...
        X