Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation Issue

Hello,
    Trying to install the plugin v1.0.0.63 on HS Pro 2.5.0.20 running on Server 2008. The installaer completes successfully, but on restarting HS I get the following error in the HS log:-

24/05/2011 08:44:43 ~!~Info~!~HS Compatibility, cannot access plug-in HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSPI ActiveX component can't create object

24/05/2011 08:44:43 ~!~System~!~Registering HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.dll with Windows

24/05/2011 08:44:45 ~!~Info~!~HS Compatibility, cannot access plug-in HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSPI ActiveX component can't create object

24/05/2011 08:44:45 ~!~Error~!~Unable to access plugin: HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.dll, try reinstalling plug-in

I've tried reinstalling, uninstalling etc. etc.

Any clues anyone?

Thanks,

Jon.

Do you have UAC enabled? If so try truning it off or it may not let you register the ocx.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks, but no change.
      I turned off UAC, rebooted and reinstalled the plugin but get the same errors at startup.
      Anything else I can try?

Comment

Hi again.
        Just in case it helps someone else...
        After some trawling of the internet and unnecessary re-registering of .dlls, I twigged that the plugin uses uPNP which was turned off on my system.
        Setting the SSDP Discovery service and the uPNP Device Host service to automatic, starting them and restarting HS did the trick.

Now to play...

Comment

I'm currently testing the plugin and am running into what appears to be the same issue. Is this because I'm running Server 2003 and the UPnP and SSDP services aren't supported? Is your plugin known to work on Server 2003?

Comment

Originally posted by gdrapp View Post
            I'm currently testing the plugin and am running into what appears to be the same issue. Is this because I'm running Server 2003 and the UPnP and SSDP services aren't supported? Is your plugin known to work on Server 2003?
            Hi gdrapp,

I seem to recall working with somebody in the early days who was using a hometroller and I thought he had a windows server version but after weeding through my email I found out that it was XP embedded. I tested it with XP, Vista and Win7, sorry never with any server version. You could post a new thread and ask other users; specifically, if they have used it with Server 2003. Could you describe the odd behavior or better, turn the plug-in's debug flag on (in the sonoscontroller's config page), capture the debug log and post it or private email it. Make sure you have .NET v2 installed with the latest patches. UPnP is part of .net and if it isn't part of Server 2003 than you are out of luck. I googled it and the info is confusing. The older posts say it isn't supported but there are other posts (like this one http://www.playonplugins.com/index.php?topic=8.0 or http://alantechreview.blogspot.com/2...ces-under.html) which claim you can.

Good luck

Dirk

Comment

Just in case others run into problems getting this to work on Server 2003, the issue is Server 2003 doesn't come with the UPnP and SSDP services installed and Microsoft doesn't provide an easy way to install them. I ended up hacking them into the system by following the instructions at http://alantechreview.blogspot.com/2...ces-under.html. The plugin works like a champ now and hacking in UPnP doesn't seem to have introduced any stability issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon798 View Post
                Hi again.
                Just in case it helps someone else...
                After some trawling of the internet and unnecessary re-registering of .dlls, I twigged that the plugin uses uPNP which was turned off on my system.
                Setting the SSDP Discovery service and the uPNP Device Host service to automatic, starting them and restarting HS did the trick.

Now to play...
                Hi
                Can you describe where you did this, in homeseer ore in windows?

Newer mind, i found this solution to fix my problem with homeseer not conecting to my sonos system:
                The "Network Discovery" setting is in the "Change advanced sharing settings" in "Network and Sharing Center". Access it from Control Panel or from the Network icon bottom right of the taskbar.
                Here u turnon sharing.
                Last edited by Mrodseth; October 8, 2011, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X