This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xiphoid View Post
    1) I don't have the computer interface module, so I'd need to get that and install it. I have read the posts and it seems as though you need to do a factory reset after you install the IT-100. Does this mean that all the programming of zones, sensors, etc. will be lost? I don't want to re-program the entire system...
    I can't speak to having to reset the system - I installed the IT-100 with the original system.

Originally posted by Xiphoid View Post
    2) One post mentioned that the motion sensors have a 6 second built-in delay. Does everyone else have this same experience? If I walk around my house and watch the red LED lights showing on the sensors, there doesn't seem to be the 6 second delay that was suggested in one post - they show up almost instantaneously...so perhaps those sensors are older? I don't think I'll get a high WAF if I create events based on motion that take 6 seconds to kick in. Is there any way to improve the delay?
    If you are using the same motion sensors that I am using, there is nothing you can do with the 6 second delay. We've learned to live with it. I must say that their motion sensors have been very reliable though. I have a couple Insteon and Z-wave motion sensors also which are working fairly well now, but the Insteon sensors were a bugger with just the two receivers I had. I end up getting one of the dual band switches which improved the wireless reception for the Insteon signal. An option you may consider is to use either an Insteon or Z-wave wireless motion sensor for your lighting effects rather than using the DSC ones.

Comment

The most you'll have to do with the IT-100 is enroll it with the DSC panel, just like you would for a keypad. You shouldn't have to do a reset.

I don't use this plug-in so I can't speak to the 6 second delay. My motions are all hardwired security motions and I do not see any delay. If the motion is tripped the keypad should show that almost instantly, if the keypad sees it then so will the IT-100. If you trip a motion is there a delay before the keypad sees it? I suppose there could be a delay if you are using wireless but I can't speak to that, I'm not a big fan of wireless.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

All of my motion detectors are also hardwired. So is the delay only with wireless motion detectors then?

Comment

I don't notice any delay here. I also don't use them for turning lights on and off, they are strictly security devices.

You should be able to check easy enough. Get someone to move in front of the motion while you stand at the security keypad and see how long it takes to show "not ready". Whatever time it takes is the same amount of time you will get using the IT-100. I don't use this particular plug-in so for all I know it's a plug-in induced delay. I can't really speak to the plug-in part.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

I keep getting the following error ...

I have uninstalled - and reinstalled ...

I have a Maxsys with 4401

I will get a trouble on the panel with HS is closed down however when it starts back up i no longer get an error about PClink but cant connect.

Any ideas?

11/7/2011 9:06:31 PM DSC Security Rebuilding DSC devices 11/7/2011 9:06:31 PM DSC Security Devices created Successfully. 11/7/2011 9:06:39 PM DSC DEBUG Sending command to panel... 11/7/2011 9:06:39 PM DSC DEBUG Send Data: 00191 11/7/2011 9:06:52 PM DSC DEBUG Sending command to panel... 11/7/2011 9:06:52 PM DSC DEBUG Send Data: 00191 11/7/2011 9:07:04 PM DSC DEBUG Sending command to panel... 11/7/2011 9:07:04 PM DSC DEBUG Send Data: 00191 11/7/2011 9:07:09 PM DSC DEBUG Sending command to panel... 11/7/2011 9:07:09 PM DSC DEBUG Send Data: 0301C4 11/7/2011 9:07:16 PM DSC DEBUG Sending command to panel... 11/7/2011 9:07:17 PM DSC DEBUG Send Data: 00191

Comment

Originally posted by markesdale View Post
              I am having lots of fun with the DSC plugin from Homeseer. I have an 1832 panel and an IT-100 connected to my HS box via a serial cable.

With HST touch I designed this.

It even gives me a real time look into all the sensors and with the help of BLSecurity I have a virtual perimeter mode. Set it to arm via KPL, iphone or touchscreen and if any zone is broken KPL's start beeping and Sonos starts alarming, BLSecurity calls my phone etc etc.

Do not be afraid of this plug in, I like it.

Mark
              I've using my DSC panel integration to show the little green padlocks on an overlay of my house floor plan just like Mark.
              The problem i've run into is when i add more zones or change any config related to the DSC plugin i find that all my associations on hstouch dissappear and i have to go onto all of them re-linking them to the relevant partition. Also along similar lines if i rename the zones in homeseer and changes DSC config (say, adding another 8 zones) results in it defaulting everything back to zone1,zone2 etc

Comment

I have a Power Series 632 installed in my house. It was here when we bought the house. Is this system compatible? Also can anyone help me set this thing up as far as resetting it? I can't figure out how to get into the controls as they were obviously previously set up by the previous owner.
                Tks
                HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Motion Sensor Help

I have a 1832 connected to my HS and IT100 is communicating great with homeseer but I can't seem to figure out how to use a trigger off my motion sensor. (triggers are working off the door and window contacts)
                  I don't know where my problem is I have my motion sensors set as 04 (interior) and the trigger set off of change to open. I have also tried setting the motion sensor to 01. Is there something I am missing? Oh and everything is hardwired.

Thanks

Comment

I can't speak to your problem since I don't use the HomeSeer plug-in but do your motions show open or closed when they are tripped on the device status page. I use mine set as 05 but that shouldn't matter for this.
                    Marty
                    ------

Comment

A DSC Security Panel, either MAXSYS or Power864 Series must be installed in your home, and connected with a PC communications module. Refer to your DSC documentation on more information on how to set up these interfaces

Is this model information still correct?
                      I'm having my system replaced and want to make sure I get a compatible panel.
                      Thanks
                      HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
                        A DSC Security Panel, either MAXSYS or Power864 Series must be installed in your home, and connected with a PC communications module. Refer to your DSC documentation on more information on how to set up these interfaces

Is this model information still correct?
                        I'm having my system replaced and want to make sure I get a compatible panel.
                        Thanks
                        I guess you can use any model compatible with the IT-100 interface.

An alternative to the IT-100 interface + DSC plugin is the EnvisaLink interface + EnvisaLink plugin: http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1140

One benefit of EnvisaLink over IT-100 is that it's IP based so no need of any serial to IP stuff.

Comment

Wow thanks...I missed that!
                          I'm trying to figure out what DSC model I should get now.
                          I know very little about alarm panels...never have really played with them so this all new.
                          My security guy was really encouraging me to check out 2Gig but from what I've read, as good as it is, it doesn't integrate with HS.
                          Thanks again.

Comment

1800 series IE: 1832 is probably the most common panel (32 zones.. I run 24 )
                            current version is 4.6 if you go shopping. I just upgraded the panel, I've had it for years...
                            Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Hey guys - so just to verify, I can use the EVL-3 - Envisalink Internet Alert Module for DSC instead of the IT-100?

Comment

Originally posted by robilium View Post
                                Hey guys - so just to verify, I can use the EVL-3 - Envisalink Internet Alert Module for DSC instead of the IT-100?
                                Not with this plugin. There's a new plugin for this interface.
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X