Sonos vs iTach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos vs iTach

I've been using and loving the Sonos plug in. I've got an outside zone set to unpause when a motion detector is triggered and pause after 5 mins with no motion. Very cool way to minimize my musical intrusion into my nearby neighbors space. (lights do the same at night.)

I've got an issue that has started today after installing the HS Global Cache plug in and a Global Cache iTach IP2IR device.

One of the main issues is that one of the IP2IR ports (they are all configured to be sensors) seems to merge or load as the Sonos UPNP master. This deletes the UPNP master from any events it belongs to. See the attached screenshot. If I set the Sonsor to "Pause All", for example, the sonos does respond as if I am controlling the upnp master.

See the attached screenshot.

Any idea why these two devices would conflict?

I've also started a thread in the GC forum about this (and some other issues).

Thanks, Pete
    Attached Files

Hi Pete,

first reaction would be "a bug in the other plug-in"

Here is how it works: the plug-in is supposed to get a device code from Homeseer. The device code is made up of a basecode (in this case "[") and a sequence number ("[1","[2","[3"...). Subsequently the plug-in starts registering device codes with Homeseer. The Sonos plugin uses Homeseer api calls to get free device codes and that's how it is supposed to be coded to avoid a problem like you have. The Sonos plugin (and I suspect other plugins) typically keep the assigned basecode stored in some ini file, reason being that you want all your devices based on the same base code and you use that to ask for new device codes based on the same basecode (in essence a next sequence number). Moreover, plugins need to store what they have been assigned so they can keep the exact same devicecodes after restarts, else all events, HST screens would not work.

So my suspicion is that either Sonos or Global Cache wasn't installed "from scratch". What I mean by that, perhaps the ini file was copied from another machine, carried a basecode that was assigned on another machine and now overwrites devices on this machine.

Because the Global Cache plug-in was installed last, perhaps there is a mistake either in the way it was packaged (including an ini file with some predetermined base code) or a bug which by default uses basecode "[" and therefore can cause this conflict with any other plugin.

If you by any chance copied the Sonos plugin from one machine to another, specifically the sonoscontroller.ini file, than that might be the problem.

Hope this helps, let us know what the outcome us or how you fixed it.

Dirk

Comment

Thanks. This makes sense. I had previously, before installing the sonos plug in, installed the global cache plug in as a trial.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the GC plug in and everything behaves the same. I did not delete the GC.ini file, but have deleted the offending device and when rinstalling it, have had the same issue.

The GC plug in is a HS product. I'll open a ticket with them.

Thanks, Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post
        Thanks. This makes sense. I had previously, before installing the sonos plug in, installed the global cache plug in as a trial.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the GC plug in and everything behaves the same. I did not delete the GC.ini file, but have deleted the offending device and when rinstalling it, have had the same issue.

The GC plug in is a HS product. I'll open a ticket with them.

Thanks, Pete
        Hi Pete, I think the mistake is that you delete the offending device rather deleting the ini file. I suspect when the GC plugin starts again, it will overwrite whatever devices that are now using the device codes that it thinks were assigned to him.

You should delete the ini file and the devices from HS and then start GC again.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          Hi Pete, I think the mistake is that you delete the offending device rather deleting the ini file. I suspect when the GC plugin starts again, it will overwrite whatever devices that are now using the device codes that it thinks were assigned to him.

You should delete the ini file and the devices from HS and then start GC again.

Dirk
          Thanks. I've tried this, close HS, delete any ini with Global_cache in the name, restart HS. It behaved the same.

I've opened a ticket with HS.

Thanks, Pete

Comment

Hi Pete,

I didn't realize this plugin was a HomeSeer plugin and comes for free with Pro. So I went ahead and installed it and it indeed chooses on my PC the same basecode "[" like on yours. In my case this basecode is not taken so it doesn't cause issues.

I was messing around with the globalcachenew.ini file where the basecode is being stored, tried to change it but I think it is indeed hardcoded to "[" . It might work if you overwrite it there once the devices are created.

You could uninstall Sonos, delete all Sonos devices, delete Sonos .ini file, enable global cache first and then reinstall Sonos. But doing so will ruin all your events, HST screens etc. ...

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
              Hi Pete,

I didn't realize this plugin was a HomeSeer plugin and comes for free with Pro. So I went ahead and installed it and it indeed chooses on my PC the same basecode "[" like on yours. In my case this basecode is not taken so it doesn't cause issues.

I was messing around with the globalcachenew.ini file where the basecode is being stored, tried to change it but I think it is indeed hardcoded to "[" . It might work if you overwrite it there once the devices are created.

You could uninstall Sonos, delete all Sonos devices, delete Sonos .ini file, enable global cache first and then reinstall Sonos. But doing so will ruin all your events, HST screens etc. ...

Dirk
              They are suggesting as well changing the basecode, but it appears it will need to be done after devices are loaded.

Should two different plugins/interfaces be able to have the same basecode?

I know that the Sonos PI is not the problem, but is there a way to simply change it's base code? In such a way that new sonos devices would automatically conform?

Thanks for your prompt replies, especially off hours on the weekend.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post
                I know that the Sonos PI is not the problem, but is there a way to simply change it's base code? In such a way that new sonos devices would automatically conform?
                Pete do you have any trigger, conditions or events created for Sonos? Any HS Touch designs for HST, Apple, Android ...?

You could have the Sonos plugin re-create its devices but as said, you'll have to redo any HST screens.

You would have to stop HS, open the hspi_sonoscontroller.ini file make following changes after saving a copy:

under [Settings] set "Basecode=0"

now restart HS and the sonosplugin should now obtain a new base code and if HS knows that "[" is not free, it should assign a free one.

I typically delete the sections [Sonos Transport], [Sonos Transport DC], [Sonos Rendering] as well, but that might actually not be needed.

After you start up HS, you should now have two sets of Sonos devices, delete the old ones or if something doesn't look good, don't delete anything and go back to the old version of the .ini file

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                X