Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I uninstall / reinstall plugin? ["Unable to install because a newer version]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I uninstall / reinstall plugin? ["Unable to install because a newer version]

Actually, I DO want to keep it. However, I need to first get it to work again, and I think a reinstallation is in order. I had the plugin "working" with the eval version, so I purchased the registered one. However, I had an intermittent issue where the plugin would not work; it would "look" like it was working, but it would not actually interact with the Sonos. It was probably due to something else, but I decided to try the beta of the next version (which also offered some enticing enhancements) to see if that would fix it. It didn't...

After attempting to unistall the beta, I am now getting the error: "Unable to install because a newer version of this product is already installed."

Where is this info stored? I've removed all of the plugin files I could find (and then temporarily restored them so I could unregister the DLLs - this info really ought to be easier to find, assuming that is still the expected process (?).

Any help appreciated.

Originally posted by mazaroo View Post
    Actually, I DO want to keep it. However, I need to first get it to work again, and I think a reinstallation is in order. I had the plugin "working" with the eval version, so I purchased the registered one. However, I had an intermittent issue where the plugin would not work; it would "look" like it was working, but it would not actually interact with the Sonos. It was probably due to something else, but I decided to try the beta of the next version (which also offered some enticing enhancements) to see if that would fix it. It didn't...

After attempting to unistall the beta, I am now getting the error: "Unable to install because a newer version of this product is already installed."

Where is this info stored? I've removed all of the plugin files I could find (and then temporarily restored them so I could unregister the DLLs - this info really ought to be easier to find, assuming that is still the expected process (?).

Any help appreciated.
    Uninstall the plugin using windows uninstall process (go to control panel, uninstall a program) is the process.
    Let me know if that doesn't take care of things. In case that doesn't work, re-install the beta that you downloaded, it should be good. Typically when the plug-in doesn't communicate with the sonos players, it is caused by either network issues, firewall/router settings of changes to your PC's UPnP/SDSS settings.

Cheers

Dirk

Comment

Working...
    X