• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heatit Underfloor Controller

Anyone know if Homeseer supports the HeatIt Underfloor thermostat:
    http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-heatit-thermostat-black

Cheers
    Scott

Well it looks like it has been certified http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1234 so I think that is a reasonable start albeit no guarantee. Not seen anyone mention them here so you might have to just get one and see...I am going to do the same with the Qubino thermostats but at least you get a years return from that site which should give you time to get it supported if not.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      Well it looks like it has been certified http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1234 so I think that is a reasonable start albeit no guarantee. Not seen anyone mention them here so you might have to just get one and see...I am going to do the same with the Qubino thermostats but at least you get a years return from that site which should give you time to get it supported if not.
      I have just ordered one, so hopefully will update at the weekend!

Cheers
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
        I have just ordered one, so hopefully will update at the weekend!

Cheers
        Scott
        Not a great start - Thermostat is z-Wave Plus which doesn't seem to work with an Aeon Labs series 2 USB zstick - does anyone know if that is true; ZW+ not backwards compatible with ZW??

If thats correct - is there a compatible controller in the UK?

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
          Not a great start - Thermostat is z-Wave Plus which doesn't seem to work with an Aeon Labs series 2 USB zstick - does anyone know if that is true; ZW+ not backwards compatible with ZW??

If thats correct - is there a compatible controller in the UK?

Scott
          I was thinking of getting these to replace our 2 standard electric underfloor thermostats. What are the specific issue(s) with the Aeon Stick?

As I understand it ZW+ devices should be backward compatible. I wonder if the thermostat is using something that is specific to ZW+.

Are you adding it by taking the stick to the device or through the HS add node function?

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
            I was thinking of getting these to replace our 2 standard electric underfloor thermostats. What are the specific issue(s) with the Aeon Stick?

As I understand it ZW+ devices should be backward compatible. I wonder if the thermostat is using something that is specific to ZW+.

Are you adding it by taking the stick to the device or through the HS add node function?

Paul..
            Hi Paul
            I tried both - adding using HS and adding directly to the z-stick. I emailed Vesternet and will let you know what they say.

Scott

Comment

Vesternet have confirmed that the ZW+ is backwards compatible so it all should work.

I'll try again at the weekend
              • Factory reset Thermostat
              • Exclude before Include
              • Try my backup z-stick
              I'll let you know how I get on

Scott

Comment

OK, this device doesn't work with an Aeon Labs Z-Wave Z-Stick Series 2 USB Dongle. I have tried two and neither will include using this controller.

I tried including via Homeseer and directly to the controller. but no luck.

Cheers
                Scott

Comment

It works with the Aeotec Gen 5 stick, I've just set it up with one - everything works fine on it except that you can't set the temperature on the heatit via Homeseer - it says it has set it but when you go to the heatit it has set the temperature back to 5 degrees, but everything else seems to work on it and Homeseer reads the tmperature that you set on the heatit fine - I'm hoping theres a work around for it.

Comment

Anyone made any progress getting this to work. Its not particularly useful if you cannot set the setpoint.

Comment

Reading and setting Heat and ECO setpoints

Select root Device of the HeatIt/ThermoFloor Multireg Z-Wave thermostat
                      Select z-wave tab
                      Expand Settings
                      Set Parameter to: 10 Value: Empty Value size: Auto, Push Set button
                      Current set Heat temp is returned in Value Field.

If Parameter is set to 11 ECO setpoint is returned

To change a setpoint enter a Value between 50-400 (5,0'C...40,0'C), select Parameter: 10 for Heat CO or 11 for ECO, Value size: 2 Bytes, Push Set button

Hope Homeseer can do an fix in z-wave driver so we can set it from Device Control ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by franksor View Post
                        Select root Device of the HeatIt/ThermoFloor Multireg Z-Wave thermostat
                        Select z-wave tab
                        Expand Settings
                        Set Parameter to: 10 Value: Empty Value size: Auto, Push Set button
                        Current set Heat temp is returned in Value Field.

If Parameter is set to 11 ECO setpoint is returned

To change a setpoint enter a Value between 50-400 (5,0'C...40,0'C), select Parameter: 10 for Heat CO or 11 for ECO, Value size: 2 Bytes, Push Set button

Hope Homeseer can do an fix in z-wave driver so we can set it from Device Control ;-)
                        Did you put in a feature request via Bugzilla? If not the developers will most likely never know about this request.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                          Did you put in a feature request via Bugzilla? If not the developers will most likely never know about this request.
                          The issue with setpoints on various European thermostats has been discussed in this thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=177050&page=3

I also submitted a Bugzilla on this and contacted Rich directly so "the developers" are aware of the issue.

Even though I explained what the issue is, it appears that it cannot be fixed without someone donating a thermostat, presumably one of each type that suffers the same issue.

Paul..

Comment

I now have one of the HeatIt thermostats, but I cannot get it to add or remove from a network. Is there a trick? I hold down the center button for 10 seconds, then the down button until it says "Con", then hold down the center button for 2 seconds. The display spins then displays "Err". I have an EU Z-Stick and I know it works okas I can add other EU devices.

Comment

Got it to add, it only adds to a 500 series controller. The setpoint issue is fixed in Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.61.
                              Last edited by rjh; February 11, 2016, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X