What is working with the Zigbee Plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is working with the Zigbee Plug-in

Which of the zigbee devices have you tested and that work with HS?

I have some from the sylvania line but they won't trigger an event. The motion sensor (and others) for instance don't seem to be recognized. No motion change (UI) when tripped. I can get the motion sensor to turn on and off the appliance switch after setting them up in the app but there are long delays in HS before it shows the switch on or off.

So if there is anyone out there that is using zigbee devices please list the ones you have found that works. thanks

None yet as I have not used the HS3 Zigbee plugin. I am considering building an RPi2-3 with a Zigbee GPIO radio and doing the ser to net stuff with it.

Only have Securifi Zigbee sensors (door, water, PIR) and they work fine with the Almond Plus.

Note here have no interest in integrating wireless ZWave and Zigbee sensors to my Homeseer 3 configuration as I utilize my Leviton OmniPro 2 which is directly wired to sensors or wireless via two Leviton wireless receivers.

I am only goofing around with these sensors for play and not really to sure bet automate at this time.

Testing (very slow baby steps approach).

1 - ZWave wireless to HS3, Samsung Smartthings, Almond +
    2 - Zigbee wireless to Samsung Smarthings, Almond + (building a Zigbee RPi device using a GPIO Zigbee GPIO card).
    3 - RFXCom wireless - HS3
    4 - Weather-Davis old Console to new Meteostick for more options.

My Leviton Omnistat 2 thermostat is serially connected to my OmniPro 2 panel (optionally I can connect it to the Leviton Zigbee ZIM).
    Temperature / Humidity sensors are all wired right now via 1-wire network or to the OmniPro 2 panel. (no batteries).
    Last edited by Pete; November 12, 2017, 10:15 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete. I was hoping you were using the plug-in because I can't get any of the zigbee devices to trigger an event. Maybe someone else has tried and hopefully succeeded in getting an event to work.

Comment

Yeah depending on how you are doing this and what hub or Zigbee controller you are using will help you decide on what wireless Zigbee devices to utilize.

Best generic mechanism right now for Homeseer is using a Zigbee GPIO generic device inside of an RPI and testing with the new 3rd party JowiHue Plug-In.

You will need

1 - RPi $35.00
        2 - Zigbee GPIO card - Raspbee Premium (Amazon) $32.00

The Homeseer Zigbee plugin is dependent on the Osram lighting gateway and what it sees.

IE: my Smartthings and Almond Plus devices see most if not all of the new Zigbee wireless sensors.

I am also testing a Leviton OmniPro 2 plugin which connects to the Samsung Smarthings hub and the OmniPro2 combo device. The smart phone applications see what is connected to the Smartthings hub and OmniPro 2 panel.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
          Which of the zigbee devices have you tested and that work with HS?

I have some from the sylvania line but they won't trigger an event. The motion sensor (and others) for instance don't seem to be recognized. No motion change (UI) when tripped. I can get the motion sensor to turn on and off the appliance switch after setting them up in the app but there are long delays in HS before it shows the switch on or off.

So if there is anyone out there that is using zigbee devices please list the ones you have found that works. thanks
          As Pete wrote, the HS zigbee plugin depends on the Osram Lightify gateway. I have this set up to control the Osram BR30 lightbulbs (brightness and temperature; no color). This works fine and has integrated well with HS3. There are some issues, though. If you add one bulb and later add a second, it will create a duplicate device for the first one.
          Elliott
          "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
          "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
            As Pete wrote, the HS zigbee plugin depends on the Osram Lightify gateway. I have this set up to control the Osram BR30 lightbulbs (brightness and temperature; no color). This works fine and has integrated well with HS3. There are some issues, though. If you add one bulb and later add a second, it will create a duplicate device for the first one.
            Elliott
            I have got the hub (Osram) to control devices such as lightbulbs (white and color) and motion sensor and plug. The problem is getting them to be recognized in an event.

Do you have any devices working through an event?

Comment

That and most of the smart hubs are cloud connected.

Well with the Almond + you can turn off the cloud connected stuff.

Using a Zigbee GPIO card you are not having to depend on any cloud connection to use it.

IE: my Leviton Zigbee ZIM is a serially connected device to my OmniPro 2 panel. It see's everything but the OP2 firmware will only work with Zigbee thermostats, light switches and modules and door locks. Interaction with the Smarthings Hub works fine with smart phone applications but I really do not want a cloud dependency on my OmniPro 2 panel such that I use Rob's Omni Plugin to talk to my Leviton Panel. Well that and I have NO automation dependencies on my smart phones (never have). (I am not tethered - I do have 5 unlimited SIM cards which I use in play smart phones).
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

So if I had these 3 things I should be able to control most zigbee devices?

https://www.amazon.com/RaspBee-premi.../dp/B00E6300DO

https://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Raspb...FM1F5G2N1J5WVQ

https://www.amazon.com/Raspberry-Pi-...FM1F5G2N1J5WVQ

Or would something like this work better?

https://www.amazon.com/NEW-gateway-c...FM1F5G2N1J5WVQ

Comment

You really ought to check out the JowiHue plugin. It is turning into a full fledged Zigbee plugin, whereas this one seems to be a very lightly supported Osram lightify plugin that does not yet even fully support devices that connect to that one single hub. Only downside is JowiHue is a paid plugin. The author seems to be incredibly responsive and continues to add features though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                  Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                  Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I have got the hub (Osram) to control devices such as lightbulbs (white and color) and motion sensor and plug. The problem is getting them to be recognized in an event.

Do you have any devices working through an event?
                    Yes, I do. I have several events to turn them on and turn them off (e.g., motion, no motion). I'm not sure why you are having a problem, if you have created devices for each item. It is like any other event. "If this," then control a device.
                    Elliott
                    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

I prefer the GPIO card (first Amazon choice) over the USB stick.

You can purchase a complete RPi2 kit with power supply now for less than $35 if you google a bit.

You can make the Zigbee RPi2 ZNet like by using a POE connection to it and putting it anywhere.

Here looking to put mine in the attic near the ZNet device.

My personal add to my RPi's has been a PiFace RTC shim such that the device boots to the correct time rather than waiting to sync to NTP.

So a short list:

1 - RPi2 with case and 16Gb microSD card - Google for best deal (optional power supply) or check out Ebay. The RPi's never break.
                      2 - Zigbee GPIO card - Amazon

Optional

3 - TP-Link POE power splitter - ~$15 USD
                      4 - barrel coaxial cable to mini USB to power up your RPi2
                      5 - PiFace RTC Shim (for time).

Use a sertonet connection (like a ZNet) to connect to your Homeseer mothership.
                      Last edited by Pete; November 12, 2017, 02:13 PM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

I prefer the GPIO card (first Amazon choice) over the USB stick.

You can purchase a complete RPi2 kit with power supply now for less than $35 if you google a bit.

You can make the Zigbee RPi2 ZNet like by using a POE connection to it and putting it anywhere.

Here looking to put mine in the attic near the ZNet device.

My personal add to my RPi's has been a PiFace RTC shim such that the device boots to the correct time rather than waiting to sync to NTP.

So a short list:

1 - RPi2 with case and 16Gb microSD card - Google for best deal (optional power supply) or check out Ebay. The RPi's never break.
                        2 - Zigbee GPIO card - Amazon

Optional

3 - TP-Link POE power splitter - ~$15 USD
                        4 - barrel coaxial cable to mini USB to power up your RPi2
                        5 - PiFace RTC Shim (for time).

Use a sertonet connection (like a ZNet) to connect to your Homeseer mothership.
                        Thanks Pete. I will look into those devices.

Comment

Yes, I do. I have several events to turn them on and turn them off (e.g., motion, no motion). I'm not sure why you are having a problem, if you have created devices for each item. It is like any other event. "If this," then control a device.
                          Elliott
                          Could you please look at the numbers you have in the status graphics tab for motion and no motion. I don't get any change in the motion/no motion in the UI.

Also I have a simple event (for testing) that says if motion is detected to turn on the plug. This works fine in the app but not in the event because the motion status never changes therefore the event won't run.

Comment

Could you please look at the numbers you have in the status graphics tab for motion and no motion. I don't get any change in the motion/no motion in the UI.

Also I have a simple event (for testing) that says if motion is detected to turn on the plug. This works fine in the app but not in the event because the motion status never changes therefore the event won't run.
                            Sorry, misunderstanding, the only zigbee devices that I have are light bulbs. I have no zigbee motion sensors. I have Z-wave and X-10 motion sensors, which when triggered, start events that turn on zigbee light bulbs.
                            Elliott

Comment

Sorry, misunderstanding, the only zigbee devices that I have are light bulbs. I have no zigbee motion sensors. I have Z-wave and X-10 motion sensors, which when triggered, start events that turn on zigbee light bulbs.
                              Elliott
                              That explains why yours works. You have a device other than a zigbee as a trigger. I am using both zigbee devices to trigger and respond.

My biggest problem is not getting a motion/no motion response from the motion sensor.

So in trying to run an event is it necessary to have a non zigbee device as a trigger if you are controlling a zigbee device? Maybe that is the problem and is in need of being fixed.

I just tried having the zigbee plug response (off to on) to turn on a z-wave light and no go.

Thanks anyway for the info.

Anyone out there have an event working using the plug-in??

FOLLOW UP: I just created an event that when a z-wave light is turned on to turn on the zigbee plug and that does work. But a zigbee won't turn on a z-wave.
                              Last edited by cowinger; November 12, 2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X