GoControl TBZ48 Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoControl TBZ48 Question...

I am new to Z-Wave, and just installed the GoControl TBZ48 thermostat (paired with the SmartStick+) as my first/only device. Any/all advanced settings are at they're defaults. I have noticed that the Fan State does not change and the date/time is never updated, even when the heating cycles through its operating states. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? If so, why?

Thanks
    Gary

Current Date/Time: 2/5/2018 1:47:31 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.402
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center - Work Station
    System Uptime: 2 Days 0 Hours 4 Minutes 58 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.xxx.xxx
    Number of Devices: 137
    Number of Events: 58
    Available Threads: 800
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender Malwarebytes

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.53.0: BLOnkyo
    30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
    3.0.6132.16975: UltraGCIR3
    3.0.0.40: X10
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

I've attached the configuration parameters. You need to adjust parameter 23.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
      That right there is good info. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks much for the guide that helps now and I'm sure in the future. I assume you have been there done that with this thermostat, so before I do something catastrophic out of ignorance, let me ask a couple questions regarding "adjusting" parameters.

Regarding parameter 23 specifically:
        1. I assume these settings dictate the values the thermostat returns (automatically) back to the HS plugin?
        2. Since they are bit settings for a binary two bytes, I assume multiple selected parameters would be added together (e.g. 16+32=48)?
        3. Any way to display what value is already set for parameter 23 (without going to the advanced settings menu at the thermostat)?
        4. I assume when you use the HS Device, Z-Wave menu to change parameter values, it over-writes previous settings?

Thanks again
        Gary

Comment

Yes, I've been there. All your answers to your questions seem correct, but I also notice that your "Mode" is also not reporting. So might want to add "8" to your value.

If you press "Set" with a blank value field it will return the current value. I just tried it and my value is 8319 which is all lower 7 bits and the battery bit so 8192+64+32+16+8+4+2+1.

Comment

Thanks much Andy, I appreciate the guidance. 8619 it is, I didnt put any batteries in the thermostat, so I dont really need that reading, but the plugin has a spot for it, so why not.

Until next time,
            Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Kbevo View Post
              Thanks much Andy, I appreciate the guidance. 8619 it is, I didnt put any batteries in the thermostat, so I dont really need that reading, but the plugin has a spot for it, so why not.

Until next time,
              Gary
              You know I said 8319 not 8619. I actually hide the battery node for the thermostat that is wired in.

Comment

You know I said 8319 not 8619.
                Opps, my bad. Finger check, I used 8319. But that does demonstrate how easily I can make catastrophic things happen sometimes.

I actually hide the battery node for the thermostat that is wired in.
                That makes me wonder what it would take to get some of the other values displayed (e.g. Run/Hold)? I guess that would require an enhancement to the Z-Wave plugin or are these devices generated specifically for the TBZ48?

Thanks
                Gary

Comment

Yes, I've been there. All your answers to your questions seem correct, but I also notice that your "Mode" is also not reporting. So might want to add "8" to your value.

If you press "Set" with a blank value field it will return the current value. I just tried it and my value is 8319 which is all lower 7 bits and the battery bit so 8192+64+32+16+8+4+2+1.
                  Just set this thermostat up and ran into the OP's issue. Can confirm that out of the box, parameter 23 is set at 8287, which is the magical number of 8319 minus the fan state value of 32. I have updated the parameter and am waiting for the house to heat up and have the a/c turn on again......

The other parameters seem to update in HS3 much faster than the CT100 that this new thermostat replace. Only issue I seem to have now is that, when setting the temperature, it only likes round numbers. I would like to set at least to a 0.5 degree accuracy.

Comment

Does the TBZ48 report the humidity correctly?

Comment

This thermostat does not have a humidity sensor.

Comment

This thermostat does not have a humidity sensor.
                        OK, thanks. Back to the search for a decent priced one that actually works.

Comment

Just installed this thermostat and ran into the same issue. my default parameter was also 8287. Thanks for posting the info!

Comment

Working...
                          X