Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plug-in support on Linux (Plug-in authors please read!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    For X windows or whatever GUI there is a suit of tools out there along with a little web server that you can test your stuff with. It was part of the development package. I think if you go into the Raspberry Pi GUI via a VNC X windows setup you might still see it there.

Testing the mcsSprinklers on Linux a couple of years ago; I used it.
    Pete, I don't follow...do you have any specific package or tool names that i should check out? what did you use with mcsSprinklers?

i have hs3 and my plugin running on linux/mono, but i would like to be able to 'run in debug mode' my plugin from vs10 and remotely debug the plugin while it runs on linux.

I read i can drop my code into a linux/mono IDE and run it but I'm afraid that setup won't work for me. I have one source for hs3 that runs on windows and linux. i need to keep my code in VS10.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but I'm trying to port some plugins to Linux too. How do you handle the "/" vs "\" issue in files like the install.txt file and the app.config files? Will Windows accept forwardslashes "/" in those files?
      Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

I think in the app.config file all I did when I was testing (and I think I did get it to work) was to specify multiple paths, like \Bin\Pluginname, /Bin/Pluginname etc covering the possibilities.

Comment

I used a function to test the OS Then return the correct slash
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yup, but those functions don't work in the installer.txt file
            Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
              Yup, but those functions don't work in the installer.txt file
              Oh yah. I'll check my install txt later but I don't think I did any special other than making sure paths names had the correct case to support Linux. I don't recall slashes being a problem.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                Sorry to dredge up an old thread but I'm trying to port some plugins to Linux too. How do you handle the "/" vs "\" issue in files like the install.txt file and the app.config files? Will Windows accept forwardslashes "/" in those files?
                For what it's worth, I just downloaded one of Blades plugins onto the PI and it works fine, even when all of the slashes are of the Windows variety. I never modified our install.txt file to address Linux and it worked as well, so I'm assuming HS is automagically addressing that issue internally.

Z

Comment

So far here recently been testing Spud's plugins for use in Linux and Windows or both and they work fine.

Earlier also tested Blade's plugins. I do not think they have done anything special relating to their plugins as they are identical for Windows or Linux.

Currently also using WeatherXML in Linux. It does work but there are still a few wintel gotcha's in the base.

Over the last few months though have shut off HS3 for Windows and have gone to just running Homeseer 3 Pro on Ubuntu with a Wintel server VB.

I can run Spud's Kinect / Alexa windows plugins on the Wintel Server VB talking to the main mothership HS3 running in Linux. I do the same today for MS SAPI speaker running on the Wintel VB and it's been fine now for many months.

Recently tested my Quatech boxes (3 of them), Lantronix, Digi USB Anywhere boxes using Wintel software on the Wintel VB running on Ubuntu and it sees the devices just fine adding a bit more to the Ubuntu Homeseer 3 mothership this way. (use Digi Edgeport Serial devices, Digi USB hubs here too and these are working fine in both Linux and Wintel (and both together now).

I have been running Michael's mcsSprinklers in Mono now for about 3 years on a Dockstar Debian. It works independently from HS3 but can be managed / monitored by HS3; just never did do this.

I have seen a different version of the Z-Wave plugin for Wintel versus Linux. Ideally though it would be nice to run the Z-Wave plugin on an RPi2 talking to a Wintel box running HS3. This does work if it is Linux to Linux.

Recently noticed that the 1-Wire stuff is now part of the base of Ubuntu and is much easier to configure these days. I am testing right now with one Zee-2 running in the attic (with Z-Wave). The devices are in a text file updated every minute. I could read the text file from the RPi2 to the main mothership for a remote 1-Wire device hub of sorts (RPi2 - Zee-2).
                  Last edited by Pete; October 25, 2015, 09:39 AM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    Over the last few months though have shut off HS3 for Windows and have gone to just running Homeseer 3 Pro on Ubuntu with a Wintel server VB.
                    Pete are you saying you run a windows box to run the windows only plugins which are managed and used by your Linux HS3 server?

If so can you explain how that's setup or point me somewhere to read? I'm running HS3 Ubuntu Server on a VM and can easily spin up a Windows VM to be able to run plugins that only run on windows if that's a viable option. Thank you!

Comment

Anyone managed to get ASPX pages to work? One of my plugins relies on HS3 serving up an ASPX page and its throwing the following error. I'm not that au fait with ASPX at the best of times, let alone trying to troubleshoot it on mono.

Edit: Look like HST think it's a MONO issue.
                      http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=2053
                      Last edited by beerygaz; October 31, 2015, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Can I ask what the position is with Mono versions at the minute? I see in here that the suggestion is that the Zee ships with Mono 2.8 - is this still the case (as it is obviously quite old now)?

I know that there are various mentions of the position with upgrading Mono and that it could cause issue with the HS DB but I am not sure what I should be looking at. Or if there is any formal advice for users wishing to upgrade their version of Mono and the best way of doing it from a HS point of view.

The problem I have is that a user running a Zee gets a HTTPS error (authentication or decryption has failed) that there are a fair few bug reports of knocking around the internet. I am running Mono 4.6.2 and it runs just fine so either a missing package or a bug that was fixed in the latter versions of Mono. I'd prefer not to start having to change code if I can help it just to get around this (especially as unless I try and force an install of an old version of Mono then I can't recreate the bug).

Comment

hs.GetOSType() isn’t mentioned in the SDK-documentation, as far as I can tell...?

Comment

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post
                            hs.GetOSType() isn’t mentioned in the SDK-documentation, as far as I can tell...?
                            Is a standard script call see: http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/st...r_getosversion

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                            X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                            Scripts =
                            Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                              That’s GetOsVersion, not GetOsType...

Comment

ASPX was never officially supported on MONO as we could not get it working. I think since MONO 5 it has been working? Or at least Bill S. posted a fix that got it working?

I would strongly suggest that you do not add any ASPX pages to your plugin as I cannot guarantee support going forward. While we will try our best to not break it on purpose, MONO is always changing and some version in the future could break it. Also, its REALLY slow. With HS4 you can now build your pages as HTML files and use tags for dynamic content. Way easier to code and really fast.

As for MONO versions. HS4 is using .NET 4.6.2. We are going to test with 4.7 and switch to that if it works OK on MONO 4 or later. The Zee S2 shipped originally with MONO 3.2.8 and I have not tested HS4 with that yet, but I suspect issues. IF there are issues, those users will most likely need to replace their SD card with an updated OS. More on this as we test some more.

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                                Can I ask what the position is with Mono versions at the minute? I see in here that the suggestion is that the Zee ships with Mono 2.8 - is this still the case (as it is obviously quite old now)?

I know that there are various mentions of the position with upgrading Mono and that it could cause issue with the HS DB but I am not sure what I should be looking at. Or if there is any formal advice for users wishing to upgrade their version of Mono and the best way of doing it from a HS point of view.

The problem I have is that a user running a Zee gets a HTTPS error (authentication or decryption has failed) that there are a fair few bug reports of knocking around the internet. I am running Mono 4.6.2 and it runs just fine so either a missing package or a bug that was fixed in the latter versions of Mono. I'd prefer not to start having to change code if I can help it just to get around this (especially as unless I try and force an install of an old version of Mono then I can't recreate the bug).
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X