Initial questions, ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mike,

Does HS3Touch show devices as on if they are turned on within a scene using your plugin? When I use scenes now, HS3Touch doesn't know which devices are on or dim within the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
      Hi Mike,

Does HS3Touch show devices as on if they are turned on within a scene using your plugin? When I use scenes now, HS3Touch doesn't know which devices are on or dim within the scene.
      Hi Jim,

I am not sure I completely understand your question. When you create a scene and add profiles the plugin creates a number of HS devices. The plugin just controls other HS devices so their individual status is maintained by whatever controls those devices.

It will also monitor device status changes and match them to a scene; so if you externally set a group of devices in a scene to match one of the profiles SceneMaster will change the device status of that profile to be 'on'.

HSTouch should track all of those device changes just like any other device.

Maybe I did not answer your question; perhaps you could clarify a bit.

Mike

Comment

I'll install the trial and report back if this works better with HS3Touch and picks up where the core program falls short ;-)

Comment

Hey Mike!
          I really liked the interface for setting up scenes - well done. Couple suggestions below for improvement.
          Very pleased to see that all devices in the scene show up properly in HS3Touch (with cooper scenes, all works great, but the lights DON'T show as ON in HS3touch)
          Your plugin may fill a big gap for me there in functionality!
          Haven't played enough yet with the ability to return to last state, but if that works the way it looks, then that will make motion events SO MUCH simpler

- Would like the drop down for selecting scene members to come from top as it is a very small scroll window to find the device I'm looking for. And if I click side scroll window to move down, the scene select device window goes away. Maybe it just doesn't work with firefox properly?
          And even better would be a room or floor checkbox to get right to the devies I want to use in the scene!

- Would also like to be able to rename scenes and profiles as your gui didn't really show best way to name, and then when finding devices they didn't clearly show scenes I created. Seems now the only way to get new names is to delete and redo them...

Comment

Also noticed when I deleted the scene, it DID NOT remove the devices that were associated with it.

Comment

Hey Mike!
              I really liked the interface for setting up scenes - well done. Couple suggestions below for improvement.
              Very pleased to see that all devices in the scene show up properly in HS3Touch (with cooper scenes, all works great, but the lights DON'T show as ON in HS3touch)
              Your plugin may fill a big gap for me there in functionality!
              Haven't played enough yet with the ability to return to last state, but if that works the way it looks, then that will make motion events SO MUCH simpler
              Actually motion scenes was the main driver for me. You can do some cool things with it like setting the 'change if higher/lower' flags; I use the valid times and timed scene along with these to setup a motion event in the bathroom that behaves like "if the motion triggers, turn on the lights near the toilet at 20% only if they are currently below 20%, then reset the timer each time the motion fires, and finally with the 'cancel scene timer on device value change' if i turn the light on manually the timer will cancel.. *This* was what I wanted HS to do when I set it up 3 yrs ago and finally got down to writing this :-)

- Would like the drop down for selecting scene members to come from top as it is a very small scroll window to find the device I'm looking for. And if I click side scroll window to move down, the scene select device window goes away. Maybe it just doesn't work with firefox properly?
              And even better would be a room or floor checkbox to get right to the devies I want to use in the scene!
              I'll check it out; if possible try with a higher screen resolution for now.

- Would also like to be able to rename scenes and profiles as your gui didn't really show best way to name, and then when finding devices they didn't clearly show scenes I created. Seems now the only way to get new names is to delete and redo them...
              You can rename the scenes and profiles now by editing the HS device from device managment, click on device name and rename it..

Mike

Comment

Also noticed when I deleted the scene, it DID NOT remove the devices that were associated with it.
                You mean that it did not delete the dim control, etc.? For now just delete them with the HS device manager

Mike

Comment

Mike,

Anyway to add a cooper scene controller into the mix to have indicator light go on with scene? It runs scene great from wall, but if scene run from homeseer, indicator light is left off.
                  Ideally it could be included as a scene member with option to turn light on/off. (i did add as member, but only option is to turn scene on or off and that sounds like a bad loop waiting to happen)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Humm, so with the cooper scene controller it does not update the scene device values when the scene changes? That seems strange; I am using UPB and when I activate a UPB scene the plugin automatically updates the device values so it works fine.

*maybe* you could make a zwave scene with no devices attached (just to use an indicator) and then setup events to trigger the scenemaster scene and track the scene profile status.

Mike

Comment

Mike,

EDIT: Mike fixed this for me through email communication. He has been fantastic to work with and I bought this plugin!

I have setup a timed scene to test. Running outside pots to full on when motion. Log shows going back to the 35% , BUT THEN being turned right off instead of staying at "last state" that is selected. Thoughts on problem?
                      Last edited by ; November 2, 2015, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Hi Jim,

Could you set logging to all under general setup, then reproduce the issue. Note the date/time where the problem was and the observed/expected behavior. Also send me a screen shot of the scene config with the profile selected. There is a log file created under <HSRIR>Data\hspi_scenemaster\log, send me that file and I can see what happened.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X