Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error downloading Plugin - Modbus

getting the following error attempting to download the Modbus Plugin

Feb-17 11:18:14 AM Updater Error, package file not found: /usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates3/Modbus3.6.5882.34568/HSPI_MODBUS.EXE.config
    Feb-17 11:18:14 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\HSPI_MODBUS.EXE.config
    Feb-17 11:18:14 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\bin\HSPI_MODBUS\NModbus4.dll
    Feb-17 11:18:14 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\bin\HSPI_MODBUS\NLOG.DLL
    Feb-17 11:18:13 AM Updater Installing package Modbus
    Feb-17 11:18:13 AM Updater Update HSPI_MODBUS.exe downloaded successfully
    Feb-17 11:18:13 AM Updater Downloading update: Modbus
    Feb-17 11:18:13 AM Updater Starting download of updates

Raindrop this looks like a Linux case-sensitivity issue. You can try to manually extract the ZIP file and copy the .config file by hand or give me a few days to get a fixed version into the updater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Files are copied - what about ini file?

We manually unzipped and copied the files according to the install.txt. Homeseer still isn't showing the plugin available in the web interface. The last line of the install.txt appears to create an ini file. What should the contents of that file look like? Would that cause it not to show in the web interface?

Comment

No. If the plugin is not showing up at all then it's likely to be names incorrectly. I'm not in front of my PC right now, but try fiddling with the case of the hspi_modbus.exe file.

Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Fiddled wth case of hspi_modbus

I tried HSPI_MODBUS.exe and HSPI_Modbus.exe. Neither seemed to do the trick. The other plugins we have installed uses one of those two case formats.

Comment

"Successful Install" yet Plug in does not show up to Manage

Despite getting a install update successful message the Plug in still does not show up int he installed plug-ins --?? Below is the error log.

Feb-29 8:49:19 AM Error Examining properties on plugin (2) HSPI_MODBUS.exe: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Feb-29 8:49:16 AM Updater Install/Update of package Modbus was successful.
            Feb-29 8:49:16 AM Updater Extraction Complete.
            Feb-29 8:49:16 AM Updater Extracting files from zip file: Modbus_Graphics.zip
            Feb-29 8:49:16 AM Updater Extraction Complete.
            Feb-29 8:49:16 AM Updater Extracting files from zip file: Modbus_HELP.ZIP
            Feb-29 8:49:16 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\HSPI_MODBUS.exe
            Feb-29 8:49:16 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\HSPI_MODBUS.exe.config
            Feb-29 8:49:16 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\bin\HSPI_MODBUS\NModbus4.dll
            Feb-29 8:49:16 AM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\bin\HSPI_MODBUS\NLOG.DLL
            Feb-29 8:49:16 AM Updater Installing package Modbus
            Feb-29 8:49:16 AM Updater Update HSPI_MODBUS.exe downloaded successfully
            Feb-29 8:49:14 AM Updater Downloading update: Modbus
            Feb-29 8:49:14 AM Updater Starting download of updates

Comment

Error on two SEL's

By the way, We are getting this same error on two different SEL's on two different networks/locations

Comment

Can I ask you to grab the latest version form the updater and try that please. I think all the files are now named correctly. I've just tested on my Raspberry Pi and the plugin is running.

Comment

For reference:

/HSPI_MODBUS.exe
                  /HSPI_MODBUS.exe.config
                  /bin/HSPI_MODBUS/NLog.dll
                  /bin/HSPI_MODBUS/NModbus4.dll

Comment

same issue - same error with the latest version

eb-29 4:20:32 PM Error Examining properties on plugin (2) HSPI_MODBUS.exe: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                    Feb-29 4:20:29 PM Updater Install/Update of package Modbus was successful.
                    Feb-29 4:20:29 PM Updater Extraction Complete.
                    Feb-29 4:20:29 PM Updater Extracting files from zip file: Modbus_Graphics.zip
                    Feb-29 4:20:29 PM Updater Extraction Complete.
                    Feb-29 4:20:29 PM Updater Extracting files from zip file: Modbus_HELP.ZIP
                    Feb-29 4:20:29 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\HSPI_MODBUS.exe
                    Feb-29 4:20:29 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\HSPI_MODBUS.exe.config
                    Feb-29 4:20:29 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\bin\HSPI_MODBUS\NModbus4.dll
                    Feb-29 4:20:29 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\bin\HSPI_MODBUS\NLOG.DLL
                    Feb-29 4:20:28 PM Updater Installing package Modbus
                    Feb-29 4:20:28 PM Updater Update HSPI_MODBUS.exe downloaded successfully

Comment

Ok. I see the issue. Please rename bin/HSPI_MODBUS/NLOG.DLL to NLog.dll

Comment

I'll fix the installer for future versions.

Comment

Plug in Install Issues

When I try to install this Plug In I get the following in my Log,

Mar-04 12:24:10 PM Updater Install/Update of package Modbus failed.
                          Mar-04 12:24:10 PM Updater Error Installation of package Modbus failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
                          Mar-04 12:24:10 PM Updater Error This package requires version 3.0.0.220 of HomeSeer, and you have version 3.0.0.208 so the installation will not continue.
                          Mar-04 12:24:10 PM Updater Installing package Modbus

When I go to the Setup page it says

Current version is: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.208 No updates available. How do I get this updated?

I am currently connected to the SEL-PRO directly with a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

Comment

Working...
                          X