Worcester-Bosch Boilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
    Well I've had the boiler and the (Wall mounted, cabled) Wave thermostat installed a few months now, and my gas usage has gone up

I'm not really surprised, as I previously used a rf thermostat that I could carry around with me. When I used it in the lounge in an evening, I could close the door, and the AV projector would heat the room sufficiently to turn the house heating off. Not very good for a family, but fine for me and the Missus

I have emailed Worcester Bosch again, and explained this to them. I hope I get a bit more information this time !

Cheers,

Tim
    The best thing I've done here regarding heating was to install the Honeywell Hometronic system (now replaced I believe with Evohome).

Our house is about 1800 sq ft over 2 floors and was built in 1870 (seemingly before insulation was invented) with solid brick walls everywhere.

Prior to the Hometronic we had a single hard-wired thermostat located in the hallway and TRV's on all but one radiator. The north facing rooms were always cold so we would end up turning the thermostat up and control was a nightmare.

I doubt very much if it provided any saving in gas consumption but it does provide much better room-level control, it was an easy retro-fit and its been 100% reliable for about 4 years now.

Average gas consumption here is 17000 kWh per year. Gas is used for heating, hot water and some cooking with some supplementary electric UFH in the bathrooms.

Paul..

Comment

Response from W-B

Well here's the reply from Worcester Bosch (UK):

Thank you for your enquiry.

The Wave itself and its app provides full control over the boiler. The thermostat device performance will be affected be affected by other sources of heat as advised within the manual when sitting the thermostat; you may have to make adjustments from within the app if necessary. There are updates coming in the future regarding alternative heat sources however we cannot provide any additional information until we are closer to a release. The feedback will be passed on to our product team for review.

There are currently no plans to release the API for use in other platforms.
      Regards,
      Technical Support
      Worcester, Bosch Group
      So no API, but there may be other updates...
      Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Hi Sooty,

I doubt very much if it provided any saving in gas consumption but it does provide much better room-level control
        Yes, there's no doubt that my house is now better heated all around, and this system uses the internet to do weather compensation too. I was very aware that if I sold the house, the old system wouldn't be very good for a family !
        Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Sorry for bumping an old thread but wondered if anyone had looked at this
          http://blog.rtwilson.com/hacking-the...python-part-3/

WB have made it clear they don't intend to publish the API so this looks like the only option albeit probably against the wishes of WB.

I'm not a developer but wondered if this code could be used to create a HS plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by OliP View Post
            Sorry for bumping an old thread but wondered if anyone had looked at this
            http://blog.rtwilson.com/hacking-the...python-part-3/

WB have made it clear they don't intend to publish the API so this looks like the only option albeit probably against the wishes of WB.

I'm not a developer but wondered if this code could be used to create a HS plugin?
            On the face of it probably yes to a script/plugin however it would need some thought concerning the encryption (I've only scan read it) and I think that it is communicating by their URL rather than a local one - the danger you have if this is the case is that they can add things to detect whether or not you are connecting by this method or not then you have a broken plugin/script which you have to figure out what they have done to stop you all of the time.

Comment

I've had a search around the www over Christmas, and found that the Nefit version of the Wave thermostat now has IFTTT. You can create an account here, and use it with a Wave thermostat:
              https://www.nefit.nl/consument/landingpages/mijneasy
              I used Chrome to translate the page into Mansfield English, and have added my thermostat details to it. All looks OK. Now what can I do with IFTTT and HS3

Edit: Just thought I'd mention that the WB boiler consistently uses 75% of the gas each year than the previous boiler did. Nice...

Comment

Oh nice! I will check out the IFTTT route, as i had settled on running this locally https://github.com/robertklep/nefit-easy-http-server and using Jon00's data scraper to pull some temp data out of the JSON feed.

Comment

Working...
                X