Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danfoss Thermostat, cannot set temp. from script - a bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danfoss Thermostat, cannot set temp. from script - a bug?

Hi

I am struggling with setting the heat setpoint for a Danfoss Thermostat LC-13 (is very common in Europe).

I have figured out the following:

- When setting the value using the web control interface, the log confirms that the value is queued for the next wake up of the battery driven thermostat. At next wake up the value is correctly set.

- When setting the value using an event the same correct behavior appears.

- However when setting the value using a .vb script with the hs.setdevicevaluebyname function, the value of the HomeSeer device is changed but the log has no entry regarding queuing this for transmission and the value is restored back to the value of thermostat at the next wake up -> the value is not sent TO the Thermostat but instead the old value is received FROM the Thermostat

Has anyone any ideas? I am so desperate...

Originally posted by info@kaeseler.dk View Post
    Hi

I am struggling with setting the heat setpoint for a Danfoss Thermostat LC-13 (is very common in Europe).

I have figured out the following:

- When setting the value using the web control interface, the log confirms that the value is queued for the next wake up of the battery driven thermostat. At next wake up the value is correctly set.

- When setting the value using an event the same correct behavior appears.

- However when setting the value using a .vb script with the hs.setdevicevaluebyname function, the value of the HomeSeer device is changed but the log has no entry regarding queuing this for transmission and the value is restored back to the value of thermostat at the next wake up -> the value is not sent TO the Thermostat but instead the old value is received FROM the Thermostat

Has anyone any ideas? I am so desperate...
    Hi,
    I think you have to control it with CAPI.

Fischi

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply. It helped me search in the right direction. I actually managed to google a piece of code which it have used:

Dim cc as HomeSeerAPI.CAPI.CAPIControl = hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(hs.GetDeviceRefByName("NAME OF TERMOSTAT DEVICE"), True, "(value) C", False, False)
      cc.ControlValue = SET_TEMPERATURE
      Dim cr as HomeSeerAPI.CAPI.CAPIControlResponse = hs.CAPIControlHandler(cc)

It works

Viele gruesse aus Kopenhagen

Comment

Working...
      X