Trying to get lrpspeak going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Larry

I figured out why it kept reinstalling the dll. file. In the updater pending in the updater and I had to cancel that. I then got it uninstalled and after lost of messing around have it istalled with no errors.

Now to get it working. Here's what I do.

1.click add event tab.
    2.click on action tab.
    3. select device action from the drop down list.
    4.select the speaker I want turned on or off
    5. click update and repeat steps 3 and 4 to adjust each set of speakers for that event.

I then try running the event. It shows on or off in the log and on or off under the status page but nothing actualy happens.

Let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Comment

Hello Larry

I also see the new feature where you would select which set of speakers gets turned on after an annoucement. It makes sence when I see it since you referred to it as "back to a default state". It's not what I was thinking of(or what I think the others were thinking of but I could be wrong) though. Here's the situation. Let me know if theres anyway of doing this.

I'm listening to speakers in rooms 2 and 7 using the itunes pluggin. The Itunes plugin will automaticly pause the music during the announcement and the resume the music. So along comes an announcement and I have it turn on speakers1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7. I then want it to remember I was using sets 2 and 7 before the announcement and resume to those rooms again. I guess I want it to return to its last state before the announcment. Let me know if this is possible.

Thanks
      Lance

Comment

Hmmmm, let me research it a little bit, Lance. I am certainly interested, if I can still keep it reasonably simple. When I start getting to feature rich, then it defeats why the plugin was created to begin with. By that, I am saying that there a couple of other products out there that do many of these things very well, but the more features and logic in the plugin equates to more complexity and less responsive or performance. My goal was not to compete with them, but offer a simpler and direct approach to switching speakers for announcements. I am going to research and see how adding that functionality will impact things, as I do beleive you have a good point about returning to the LAST state not just a DEFAULT state. Thanks for the suggestion.
        -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Originally posted by 68sting View Post
          Hello Larry

I also see the new feature where you would select which set of speakers gets turned on after an annoucement. It makes sense when I see it since you referred to it as "back to a default state". It's not what I was thinking of(or what I think the others were thinking of but I could be wrong)
          Thanks
          Lance
          Yes, I thought the default state would be where the speakers are currently set by the user, this would vary depending on which rooms the user turns the speakers on for. An announcement is triggered which would change the speaker choices and input A or B. And then it should revert back to what ever the user had set up at that time. I do not see a need to revert to a static default state.
          John

Comment

Hello Larry

Do you have any suggestions on why my events aren't working?

Comment

Bump

Do you have any suggestions on why my events aren't working?
              1.click add event tab.
              2.click on action tab.
              3. select device action from the drop down list.
              4.select the speaker I want turned on or off
              5. click update and repeat steps 3 and 4 to adjust each set of speakers for that event.

I then try running the event. It shows on or off in the log and on or off under the status page but nothing actualy happens.

Let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Comment

I need some time to work on the plugin.. Do some testing etc.. Don't know why it is not working in events, I will have to see I can duplicate the problelm, so I can fix it.
                -Larry

Plugins:
                VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
                Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Hello Larry

One more thing for you to check out. When using rover on my smaller touch screens I can't get it to turn the speakers on and off. Any ideas?

thanks
                  Lance

Comment

What do you mean by Rollover??? On Status screen???
                    -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Rover is a plug in that allows you to use HS on a small screen.

http://rover-for-homeseer.blogspot.c...6/welcome.html

My situation with your plug in at the moment: I'm outside sitting on the patio and decide I would like some music. I can log on to HS using my cell phones internet connection and turn on the outside speakers(I have to use Rover beacuse HS page won't load on the tiny screen). Right now when I look at the speakers status in Rover it correctly shows me which speakers are on and off. But when I try to turn them on or off nothing happens for some reason. It may be a rover issure I don't know. I just thought while your looking into things if this was a simple fix you might like to know about it now. I guess the more I think about it I can just set up an event for my ouside speakers. Once the events work for me I won't need manual control any more. So I guess its not a big deal.

Comment

Rover, OK I got it. When you change the status (turn-on or turn-off) speakers, are you talking about the status not changing on the web page or are the speakers physically not switching on or off from HS or just status is not being updated properly?
                        -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

There not accually being turned on and off in Rover.

Comment

I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that this is a rover issue with device codes like []><^.
                            John

Comment

It could be. It's all over my head.

This what the creator of Rover has stated.

As noted upthread, using / and \ for a unitcode is sure to cause problems when you're using smaller browsers like PIE that don't always handle escaping weird characters in URLs that well. Change the unitcode and it'll work fine. This isn't anything I can change: it's a matter of the browser's support for the URLs.

Here's what the log shows.

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>8/17/2007 11:23:06 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Rover </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Device action: Turned off the lrpSpeak Speaker-6 at ]6 from lance at 208.54.14.3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>8/17/2007 11:23:26 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Reading script: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\scripts\lrpSpeakOff Illegal characters in path.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>8/17/2007 11:23:26 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Running script: File not found: lrpSpeakOff</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>8/17/2007 11:23:26 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Rover </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Device action: Executed the Off function for the lrpSpeak Speaker-6 at ]6 from lance at 208.54.14.3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>8/17/2007 11:23:39 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Rover </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Device action: Turned on the lrpSpeak Speaker-6 at ]6 from lance at 208.54.14.3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

I'm getting errors each time an announcement is announced also.
                                Last edited by ; August 26, 2007, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X