X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

start off with the construct such as

\b(option 1|option 2|option 3|option4)\b

the | means "or", so in the above saying any of the four phrases above will be valid

in my examples where I have added ( the)? this makes the word "the" optional, just be careful with the spacing and use it exactly as added.

I am finding the quickest way of working is to work in wordpad on a windows PC, make changes to the Siri config file and then transfer it straight back to the virtual Ubuntu system using Winscp. It means I can make a modification, transfer the file and restart the Siri proxy in less than a minute

Comment

Originally posted by greyt View Post
      start off with the construct such as

\b(option 1|option 2|option 3|option4)\b

the | means "or", so in the above saying any of the four phrases above will be valid

in my examples where I have added ( the)? this makes the word "the" optional, just be careful with the spacing and use it exactly as added.

I am finding the quickest way of working is to work in wordpad on a windows PC, make changes to the Siri config file and then transfer it straight back to the virtual Ubuntu system using Winscp. It means I can make a modification, transfer the file and restart the Siri proxy in less than a minute

wonderful thanks!

btw, is there a way to make a single conditional listen where one could either turn on or turn off a light?

so I could say 'turn on light' or 'turn off light' and the same listen function would interpret on or off and then send the proper puts command? I would like to limit the number of listens I need to do to turn on and turn off the same lights.

Cheers
      Sylvain

Comment

Does anyone know if it is possible to launch an app using siri proxy? Ideally I would like to push a command to homeseer and then launch a new app on the iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
          Im not getting very far on this.

I downloaded the VM player and your preconfigured image on windows XP. I started things up and it gives a network error in the beginning. It eventually loads without the full network settings.

When I run ifconfig, my ethernet address is in ip6 format and it keeps asking me to install vmware tools.

I turned off my local firewall and antivirus program, but same thing.

I have a static IP address set in windows for the ethernet card.
          I gave up on trying this for awhile until I had more time. So now thinking about this a bit, I think my problem is my firewall. I have my network locked down pretty tight and I bet its the firewall that is stopping me from acquiring network settings.

Which ports and services do I need to open up to properly install VM?

Should a normal install have VMtools installed?

Comment

I gave up on trying this for awhile until I had more time. So now thinking about this a bit, I think my problem is my firewall. I have my network locked down pretty tight and I bet its the firewall that is stopping me from acquiring network settings.

Ensure the PC where the VM is installed on and the PC where Homeseer is installed on can communicate with each other using a TCP port you define. Mark suggested port 6969 but you can use your own port number and set the changes accordingly from the instructions. You must define a rule in your windows firewall and/or other third party firewall the that port you want to use is indeed opened.

Comment

Got Siri Working with HomeSeer!

I'm not sure but have you messed around with the network settings in vmware? Make sure your network connection is bridged under network adapter and "connect at power on" is checked. I also had to click on configure adapters and make sure the right one is clicked and that one only.

Comment

I got siri proxy running in the background on raspberry pi and a script checking every 10 minutes to make sure it is running and if it is not restarting it. It also runs on boot. I followed this post http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/vi...=9545&p=264222. I had to go to my sudoers file and put this in "siri ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL". Not sure of the intelligence of this and if someone else has a better idea I'm all ears.

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                  I got siri proxy running in the background on raspberry pi and a script checking every 10 minutes to make sure it is running and if it is not restarting it. It also runs on boot. I followed this post http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/vi...=9545&p=264222. I had to go to my sudoers file and put this in "siri ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL". Not sure of the intelligence of this and if someone else has a better idea I'm all ears.
                  Hi Jay, nice stuff.

Speaking of your script that checks, I did notice on some random occasion (maybe once a day or 2 days) that SiriProxy would suddenly stop without warning and thus I would need to manually restart it.

Would be nice to know how to create a script that checks every 10 mins to see if SiriProxy is running and restart if needed. I saw your link but can you re-explain the steps so I can understand. I don't have much experience with the linux side of things.

Thanks
                  Sylvain

Comment

Originally posted by Raven_ View Post
                    Hi Jay, nice stuff.

Speaking of your script that checks, I did notice on some random occasion (maybe once a day or 2 days) that SiriProxy would suddenly stop without warning and thus I would need to manually restart it.

Would be nice to know how to create a script that checks every 10 mins to see if SiriProxy is running and restart if needed. I saw your link but can you re-explain the steps so I can understand. I don't have much experience with the linux side of things.

Thanks
                    Sylvain
                    Just follow the directions of that post and change your sudoers file. I actually have very little linux experience too. Just take that script, put it on notepad and save it as service.sh. Modify the number in it from 3600 to 600. Put it in your siriproxy directory. Then go into the rc.local file (i think its in the etc folder and follow the directions of that post. Also, the part of that sudoers file, it is in the etc folder as well.
                    Last edited by jayman13; February 18, 2013, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                      Just follow the directions of that post and change your sudoers file. I actually have very little linux experience too. Just take that script, put it on notepad and save it as service.sh. Modify the number in it from 3600 to 600. Put it in your siriproxy directory. Then go into the rc.local file (i think its in the etc folder and follow the directions of that post. Also, the part of that sudoers file, it is in the etc folder as well.
                      Hi Jay, sounds good. thanks for the tweak.

btw, is there a way to make a single conditional listen where one could either turn on or turn off a light?

so I could say 'turn on light' or 'turn off light' and the same listen function would interpret on or off and then send the proper puts command? I would like to limit the number of listens I need to do to turn on and turn off the same lights.

Thanks again

Comment

Hi Jay, sounds good. thanks for the tweak.

Thanks again
                        I would like to know how to do that as well.

Comment

Hi Jay, nice stuff.

Strange. i've never see this

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                          HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                          2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                          USB UIRT
                          Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                          WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                          HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                          HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                          2GIG Thermostat
                          BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                          BLUPS
                          UltraLog (SQL2008)
                          Jon00 Plugins
                          Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                          Global Cache IP2IR
                          Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
                            Strange. i've never see this
                            I've seen it. That was the reason I went looking for the script. Maybe it depends on each setup?

Comment

Id like to make a recommendation, it is up to each user if they do choose to follow it or not, but I just sent a message to Homeseer suggesting that they consider creating a Homeseer plugin for this software. The reason i suggest that is that it would mean the VR is already handled by the SiriProxy, so the plugin would just need to handle what the message is, and what to do with the message / how to respond to the message.

The bonus with this is that it would allow the user to ask a native command, and have homeseer respond to that message, for example "Remind me to do something at 8PM", could then add a schedule to the Homeseer Server, or with other plugins one could ask "What is on TV Channel X at 8pm tonight" and like the speaker client the third party script could reply to SIRI with the answer.

You could use certain code word for the activation phrase (e.g. Computer), when capture all text after that phrase using regex, or use the Turn On | Turn off * to control devices through a native script.

So my suggestion is to show homeseer you really want a script, who knows they may then possibly work on it if community support is great enough.

I for one would consider paying for such features if appropriate.

Thanks!
                              HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                                Id like to make a recommendation, it is up to each user if they do choose to follow it or not, but I just sent a message to Homeseer suggesting that they consider creating a Homeseer plugin for this software. The reason i suggest that is that it would mean the VR is already handled by the SiriProxy, so the plugin would just need to handle what the message is, and what to do with the message / how to respond to the message.

The bonus with this is that it would allow the user to ask a native command, and have homeseer respond to that message, for example "Remind me to do something at 8PM", could then add a schedule to the Homeseer Server, or with other plugins one could ask "What is on TV Channel X at 8pm tonight" and like the speaker client the third party script could reply to SIRI with the answer.

You could use certain code word for the activation phrase (e.g. Computer), when capture all text after that phrase using regex, or use the Turn On | Turn off * to control devices through a native script.

So my suggestion is to show homeseer you really want a script, who knows they may then possibly work on it if community support is great enough.

I for one would consider paying for such features if appropriate.

Thanks!
                                Hi Travis, indeed that would be awesome and I would also be willing to pay for such a plugin. I'll send them a msg as well.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X