Need help !!! with Russound and BLSpeech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help !!! with Russound and BLSpeech

I am trying to get this setup so that BLspeech and BLrussound work together. /what I am hoping to do is to have blrussound turn on a zone and have it set the source prior to a speech message and then return to its original state after the message so if a zone was off return it to off but if it was listening to the radio return to the radio

I'm pretty sure that this can be done with the combination of blades plugins just not sure how to get it up and running

Cheers Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Dude, this one is easy!

Just check the box in BLSpeech options to return Russound to it's previous state. Use the special tags before any announcements to select which source and zone is used and what volume. You can also select voices and other things. Watch Blade's youtube video about BLSpeech. It explains everything quite clearly.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

So the special tags are typed in infront of each message in the even correct what if you want it to all speakers
      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Yes. The special processing tags are entered before the text to be spoken. About all or multiple speakers..... No such luck. We should petition Blade to institute this functionality!

Comment

I agree I will enter a feature request on his site

cheers Ken

Comment

Feature request sent

Comment

Is there a way to +1 a feature request on his site?

Comment

I don't believe the is but I could be wrong

Cheers Ken

Comment

I think the best would be able to specify multiple zones, each with their own config for volume as well as an "All On" function.
                  Last edited by S-F; January 7, 2015, 07:52 AM.

Comment

S-F, I know you're familiar with this, but I'm also trying to get started on using BLSpeech with Russound and not sure where to begin. If I want a simple event to turn on a zone at a particular volume, speak 'Good Morning' then turn it back off, how is this accomplished? I know the Russound script commands to switch a zone on at a certain volume, but I'm not seeing anything in the BLSpeech actions that let me speak something. What am I missing here? I don't see a 'BLSpeak Something'. Am I to use the built-in 'Speak Something'? Script? I know it's going to be very simple, just not clear to me yet.

Also, as kenrad stated, I know once you have the check box 'Russound Zones Return to Original State..', everything goes back to where it was.

Thanks,
                    Attached Files

Comment

You use the PLSpeech special processing tags before whatever it is you want spoken. Watch Blade's youtube video on it. I'll give you an example.

See here the stuff encased in {} before the text to be spoken? What this tells BLSpeech is to speak the text on the Kitchen zone (as set up in BLSpeech), Using source 2 with a volume of 40%. In the BLSpeech help file there is an exhaustive list of the especial tags options.

So, in a nutshell, you select Speak Something as your action and you preface the text to be spoken with the special tags encapsulated in {}.

Just let me know if you have ANY more questions at all. I use this functionality all the time!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I'm so pissed at myself. I've watched that video like three times and knew about the special tags! I was under the impression that it was to be used in a script, like the provided scripting methods. Thanks again, I'll test it out and see how it goes. Hopefully it works the same with the MCA-C5.

Comment

Keep us posted with your progress. And don't hesitate to ask if you run into any more issues or are looking for ideas!

Pro tip: Using either CFGuy's or Blade's random plugins make the talking house that much more interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                            I think the best would be able to specify multiple zones, each with their own config for volume as well as an "All On" function.
                            Well I just had a realization! The speaker tag isn't just for speakers. It can also specify a zone and you can configure a zone to be any number of speakers. So I just created a zone including all of my speakers (what in Russound land is known as a zone) and called it "Whole House". Entering "Whole House" as the speaker in the special tag activates all of the selected speakers. Meaning it turns on all of the Russound zones. The only catch is that you can only specify one volume for all zones. I like the volume to be lower in the bedrooms and much higher outside. Maybe I can accomplish this with setting default volumes for the individual speakers and just leave out the volume tag entirely.

Comment

That is awesome good catch. Ill have to play with that tonite

Comment

Working...
                              X