No announcement yet.

UltraLighting3 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ability to support lux level is not a function of this plug-in, however, homeseer definitely has the ability to check for a certain lux level or lux level greater/less than a certain value when motion is detected and then fire triggers from this plug-in such as turning on bulbs, setting the color, setting the white color, and/or setting the brightness. This works extremely well in homeseer and I have to say that since switching from Aeon LED Z-Wave bulbs to the LIFX bulbs, the response time from trigger to bulb doing something is almost instantaneous, where the z-wave bulb would take about 1 second and was also subject to z-wave congestion and sometimes missing an event.

Comment

awesome. So just to be clear I could use this plugin to be used as the action (turning on bulbs / brightness level) from a separate trigger that homeseer would run that might be if motion in a room and lux levels are < x then issue command?

Smartthings has been quite frustrating for some time.. I was looking at homeseer originally but went to ST's as I didn't want to have to buy a pc to run it (didn't have one laying around). but now i do

Comment

I think this is what you're looking for. This will pre-set the office LIFX bulb to 3200K 75% brightness and then fade the bulb on for 2 seconds but only if there is motion in the office and the Lux is less than 50 from the luminance sensor. You can use any combination of actions presented by this plug-in for any trigger that is supported by homeseer.

If you decide to purchase Homeseer, subscribe to the newsletter and you'll have access to 25% off software coupons during most holidays and 50% off during their annual sale which was during the summer last year.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
          are there any scripting functions available with this plugin?
          Specifically, set white? Basically I want a button in HSTouch that will set the bulb white at current dimming level...

Comment

Unable to control my bulbs

Recently I'm experiencing a weird issue where I'm unable to control all my LIFX bulbs. I was having problems with this earlier today and uninstalled the plug-in, deleted my device for the LIFX bulbs, reset all my bulbs, and then re-installed the plug-in. After a short time, all the bulbs were re-created and I could see the status of the bulbs as either off/on, but can't control all of them. From my mobile phone, I can turn them all off and on and the status gets updated in HS, but if I try to turn them off or on using the device or event in HS, it doesn't work.

Has anyone else seen this recently in the last couple of days?

Ultrajones,

What logs can I capture while trying to turn on/off my bulbs to help you figure out what's going on?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Chewbucka; June 12, 2016, 12:11 AM. Reason: Attached debug log after trying to turn off a bulb

Comment

The logs show the commands were being sent and the bulb and the bulb responding within 30-50 milliseconds.

How many bulbs do you have? What type of bulbs? When this issue occurs, do you have the LIFX app connected to the bulbs?

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                The logs show the commands were being sent and the bulb and the bulb responding within 30-50 milliseconds.

How many bulbs do you have? What type of bulbs? When this issue occurs, do you have the LIFX app connected to the bulbs?

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                I only have 6 bulbs: 5 A-19 1000s and 1 BR30 1000. After I reinstalled the plugin, initially, only 2 bulbs showed up and the other 4 were showing unknown as the type. Eventually, those other 4 showed up in the device list, but I can't control them, only the initial 2. I have the phone app open at the time so I can check whether or not the bulbs are turning off or on. I've tried it with the app closed, but still can't control those 4 bulbs that showed up as unknown initially. Like I mentioned, all 6 show as online, and the devices in HS show the bulbs turning off or on with the correct level as I control them from the mobile app.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
                  I only have 6 bulbs: 5 A-19 1000s and 1 BR30 1000. After I reinstalled the plugin, initially, only 2 bulbs showed up and the other 4 were showing unknown as the type. Eventually, those other 4 showed up in the device list, but I can't control them, only the initial 2. I have the phone app open at the time so I can check whether or not the bulbs are turning off or on. I've tried it with the app closed, but still can't control those 4 bulbs that showed up as unknown initially. Like I mentioned, all 6 show as online, and the devices in HS show the bulbs turning off or on with the correct level as I control them from the mobile app.

Are you running HomeSeer on a system with dual network cards?
                  Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                    Are you running HomeSeer on a system with dual network cards?
                    single nic only on a virtual Windows 10 machine. This has been working fine for some time. The only thing that I can think of that has changed is that the bulbs can now talk to the public Google DNS servers and the lifx cloud servers. I was blocking the bulbs on my firewall before, but now they can contact the public servers. Could that be what's causing the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
                      single nic only on a virtual Windows 10 machine. This has been working fine for some time. The only thing that I can think of that has changed is that the bulbs can now talk to the public Google DNS servers and the lifx cloud servers. I was blocking the bulbs on my firewall before, but now they can contact the public servers. Could that be what's causing the issue?

No, that shouldn't cause any issues. I guess you could try to block them again to see if it make any difference.

Comment

Working well

Turned out to be an issue with multicast and dhcp configuration on my wireless network. I had upgraded the software on my wireless controller and inadvertently broke multicast and DHCP which intermittently isolated the bulbs. After reverting back to the previous release, everything is working fine again.

FYI, if anyone is running a Virtual Wireless Controller from Cisco, don't upgrade to 8.2.110. Cisco removed all multi-cast and IGMP snooping support which breaks the LIFX bulbs. Looks like 8.1.131 is the latest that you can run and still support the LIFX bulbs.

Comment

No License or trial expired

I installed this on Linux 2 days ago to try it out and it failed to start with the above error.

Trial is working on windows ok.

Comment

Originally posted by SmarterControl View Post
                            I installed this on Linux 2 days ago to try it out and it failed to start with the above error.

Trial is working on windows ok.
                            You reference an error, but I cannot see it in your post? Can you please provide a screenshot?

Regards,
                            Ultrajones

Comment

Do you plan on adding a brightness adjustment to the color picker like you did with the whites? I'd really like to be able to change a color and not have to "wait" a second for to be able to adjust the brightness.

Comment

Error

I also noticed, when using colors, HS tells me that the lamp is at 100% when in actuality its at 50% brightness. I know that with color you get the truest colors at 50% but when adjusting it, if its moved one percent, it has not affect.

Comment

Working...
                                X