This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Which device does 255 levels so I can try it.
    JowiHUE devices do. I imagine that other RGB bulbs do as well.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I'm using devices created by mcsXap so it's going to be tricky to test. I'm guessing you could create a virtual device and give it a VSPair range and controluse to test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Right, the Fan one's are new Enums and will be in the next update we post so you can complete any work when you install that version, you will need the latest HomeSeerAPI file.
        I'm on 280 now, and while the Fan Enums are there, the _ThermOff value is missing from the dropdown on the Status Graphics tab (see attached). And the Echo device discovery isn't picking up my setpoints or my system mode devices (but it is picking up my fan mode). As an additional data point, I just checked IFTTT (which also relies on ControlUse) and all the proper events and devices are there for actions.

I have ControlUse set on the appropriate ValueStatusPair item (and as you can see in the attachment, it shows up in HS) - what am I missing?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by shill; May 28, 2016, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
          I'm on 280 now, and while the Fan Enums are there, the _ThermOff value is missing from the dropdown on the Status Graphics tab (see attached). And the Echo device discovery isn't picking up my setpoints or my system mode devices (but it is picking up my fan mode).

I have ControlUse set on the appropriate ValueStatusPair item (and as you can see in the attachment, it shows up in HS) - what am I missing?
          Furthermore, while I can say "Alexa, turn on the Downstairs Fan" and it will do so, I can't figure out how to get it back to auto mode. What's the correct phrase?
          Attached Files

Comment

The API requires the stat to be one device, that is why you only see the root dev after discovery. HS handles finding the set points by what you say. Also, the API does not support controlling the fan or mode. The very latest build (292) no longer returns a fan dev after discovery.

Furthermore, while I can say "Alexa, turn on the Downstairs Fan" and it will do so, I can't figure out how to get it back to auto mode. What's the correct phrase?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The API requires the stat to be one device, that is why you only see the root dev after discovery. HS handles finding the set points by what you say. Also, the API does not support controlling the fan or mode. The very latest build (292) no longer returns a fan dev after discovery.
              But I'm not seeing the root device after discovery, only the fan device. Do I need 292 for this to work or is there something else I need to do to my root device?

Comment

If it's a zwave therm it should show up. I have not posted 292 yet, but it's uploaded so try if you want, just modify the 280 download link manually. You will need to rerun discovery (delete your existing devices first.

But I'm not seeing the root device after discovery, only the fan device. Do I need 292 for this to work or is there something else I need to do to my root device?

Comment

If it's a zwave therm it should show up. I have not posted 292 yet, but it's uploaded so try if you want, just modify the 280 download link manually. You will need to rerun discovery (delete your existing devices first.
                  It's not a zwave thermostat, but my Honeywell plugin (development version, not the one in the updater). I installed 292, told Alexa to forget everything, then rediscovered. It did in fact pick up my 2 thermostats ("Downstairs Thermostat" and "Upstairs Thermostat"), but when I tried "Alexa, set the Downstairs Thermostat to 76 degrees", it came back with "Sorry, I couldn’t find a device or group named downstairs thermostat in Steve's profile."
                  Last edited by shill; May 30, 2016, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I'm trying to get my RadioThermostat plugin to play nice with Echo. I've followed all breadcrumbs and everything should work, but alas... Homeseer is telling amazon TargetOfflineError:

Code:
                    { "header": { "messageId": "57dae0d8-8ed2-48dd-bf55-7004dfcc6e0b","namespace": "Alexa.ConnectedHome.Control", "name": "TargetOfflineError", "payloadVersion": "2"  },  "payload": {      } }
                    Here's what I have:

Root device
                    |
                    L___ Child Devices for Cool and Heat with appropriate ControlUse property set.

Everything looks like it should work, even when doing a discovery, Homeseer tell Amazon everything is good to go.

Code:
                    {
                    	"header": {
                    		"messageId": "00d3fc06-7125-451d-8c21-7398b32f4d09",
                    		"namespace": "Alexa.ConnectedHome.Discovery",
                    		"name": "DiscoverAppliancesResponse",
                    		"payloadVersion": "2"
                    	},
                    	"payload": {
                    		"discoveredAppliances": [{
                    			"applianceId": "258",
                    			"manufacturerName": "HomeSeer",
                    			"modelName": "None",
                    			"version": "0",
                    			"friendlyName": "Classroom Thermostat",
                    			"friendlyDescription": "Thermostat in  Classroom, connected via HomeSeer",
                    			"isReachable": true,
                    			"actions": ["incrementTargetTemperature",
                    			"decrementTargetTemperature",
                    			"setTargetTemperature"],
                    			"additionalApplianceDetails": {
                    				"fullApplianceId": "258"
                    			}
                    		},
                    		{
                    			"applianceId": "267",
                    			"friendlyName": "Main Area Thermostat",
                    			"friendlyDescription": "Thermostat in  Main Area, connected via HomeSeer",
                    			"setTargetTemperature"],
                    				"fullApplianceId": "267"
                    			}
                    		},
                    		{
                    			"applianceId": "276",
                    			"friendlyName": "Master Bed Thermostat",
                    			"friendlyDescription": "Thermostat in  Master Bed, connected via HomeSeer",
                    			"setTargetTemperature"],
                    				"fullApplianceId": "276"
                    			}
                    		}]
                    	}
                    }

Comment

FYI, I figured it out.

In order for the thermostat functionality to work you must have a device with the api type of "DeviceTypeInfo.eDeviceType_Thermostat.Mode_Set". While I was using DeviceTypeInfo.eDeviceType_Thermostat.OperatingMode within my plugin.

This is not documented anywhere and should be.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
                        This is not documented anywhere and should be.
                        You've just described the entire thermostat API

Comment

Thermostat for Echo Only Supports Setpoint Ranges

Apparently, the echo interface for thermostats only supports ranges of setpoints.

I was trying to get this to work with my plugin and Alexa would keep telling me that she could only set the temperature between zero and zero degrees.

My setpoint devices had single value status/pairs each of which had their control use set to Heat Setpoint or Cool Setpoint.

When I changed to a range, it began to work.

My problem now is that in Celsius mode the thermostat sets and displays its temperature in .5 degree increments. I have not been able to find a way to have a range support this so I have to use single vales.

So it seems that my plugin can either properly support Celsius or support echo but not both.

Comment

The range does not support decimals at this point, its something on the list to fix. For now, just use the standard range. I know its a little course for Celsius but it works.

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
                            Apparently, the echo interface for thermostats only supports ranges of setpoints.

I was trying to get this to work with my plugin and Alexa would keep telling me that she could only set the temperature between zero and zero degrees.

My setpoint devices had single value status/pairs each of which had their control use set to Heat Setpoint or Cool Setpoint.

When I changed to a range, it began to work.

My problem now is that in Celsius mode the thermostat sets and displays its temperature in .5 degree increments. I have not been able to find a way to have a range support this so I have to use single vales.

So it seems that my plugin can either properly support Celsius or support echo but not both.

Comment

It only sorta works. If the cool setpoint is set at the thermostat to 25 and the range is 19 to 32 then the dropdown box displays 25 as it should. If the setpoint is set to 25.5 at the thermostat then the dropbox displays 19 which is confusing and I'm sure the plugin users will consider this a bug.

Comment

We use a textbox for the set points. I have yet to receive any complaints from users about using Alexa with any of the Z-Wave thermostats that we support so I am not sure this is an issue.

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
                                It only sorta works. If the cool setpoint is set at the thermostat to 25 and the range is 19 to 32 then the dropdown box displays 25 as it should. If the setpoint is set to 25.5 at the thermostat then the dropbox displays 19 which is confusing and I'm sure the plugin users will consider this a bug.

Comment

Working...
                                X