Syncing Devices Via Event + Script?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syncing Devices Via Event + Script?

I have several fibaro rgbw controllers in a single light cove. I would like for them to react the same way for example:

If controller 1 dim changes to 15%, then dim controller 2 and 3 to 15%

If controller 1 rgbw color value changes to #131313 change controller 2 and 3 value to #131313

Wondering if possible? If so, what would be the right way to do this. This is my first script.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's an example of a script I use to sync the dim level on two lights. Save in the scripts folder and remove the .txt extension. Here's what the event looks like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	1188113

The two values that are passed are the Reference IDs of the device that triggers it and the device that you want to sync with it. The script should be adaptable to rgb values. Also check out the EasyTrigger plugin as it can do similar things.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Awesome thank you! I will use this as a basis for my script. One of the ideas I had was to use a homeseer dimmer switch, but without any load. Then, using the dimmer values to control the RGBW dimmer function via mirroring the value. What do you think?

Comment

Nice! This appears to be what I need to keep my ZWave Bulbs in Sync as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          Here's an example of a script I use to sync the dim level on two lights. Save in the scripts folder and remove the .txt extension. Here's what the event looks like:

[ATTACH]58154[/ATTACH]

The two values that are passed are the Reference IDs of the device that triggers it and the device that you want to sync with it. The script should be adaptable to rgb values. Also check out the EasyTrigger plugin as it can do similar things.

Cheers
          Al
          Al,

As I mentioned in my post from earlier this morning. . .this should work great. I also see how this would work with EasyTrigger (would keep this purely in events instead of a script). When trying to determine which way to go with this solution, I am thinking about management of all these events and scripts. . .do you have a good way to search for device IDs that are being used in scripts that don't exist anymore? How about devices referenced from events that are no longer around? Do you monitor those for broken items?

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
            Al,

As I mentioned in my post from earlier this morning. . .this should work great. I also see how this would work with EasyTrigger (would keep this purely in events instead of a script). When trying to determine which way to go with this solution, I am thinking about management of all these events and scripts. . .do you have a good way to search for device IDs that are being used in scripts that don't exist anymore? How about devices referenced from events that are no longer around? Do you monitor those for broken items?
            For scripts, I index the scripts folder and do a full-text search on the contents of the files, so relatively easy to search for the reference id in those. For events, there's no good way to search for "broken" ones. I typically filter the events for devices that I'm about to delete. However, when forgetting to do so, you need to expand all possible events that may reference that device in order to find it manually.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
            X