Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS->HAI_PI not controlling Lights (Units)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I got the logs

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Mason have you looked at my logs and have you found a solution to why an "All Room lights on to X%" will not work?

Comment

Originally posted by chasers03 View Post
        Mason have you looked at my logs and have you found a solution to why an "All Room lights on to X%" will not work?
        yes, I dont have a solution as of yet, but have it on my list...

Comment

@chasers03 - are you using a Scene to run the "All room lights on to X%" ?

Comment

No scene set up... all I am asking Alexa to do is "turn on All Kitchen Lights to 50%" which only results in 100%?

Comment

No scene set up... all I am asking Alexa to do is "turn on All Kitchen Lights to 50%" which only results in 100%?
              Ok, thats not going to work. You are essentially giving 2 commands in a single request. Alexa is executing the first command, turning on the lights, but the Dim 50% is never getting processed.

You do have an option though. You can create a virtual device called "Kitchen Light Scene". Create an Event so that when that device is ON, dim your lights to 50%. Now, you can just say "Alexa, Turn on the Kitchen Light Scene"

Comment

Mason aren't I giving two commands when I say "Alexa turn on the kitchen counter lights to 55%" which by the way works well for the individual kitchen light sets? But not for ALL the 6 sets of Kitchen lights.

Comment

Mason aren't I giving two commands when I say "Alexa turn on the kitchen counter lights to 55%" which by the way works well for the individual kitchen light sets? But not for ALL the 6 sets of Kitchen lights.
                  I'm very surprised that works at all. It doesn't fit the syntax of the Amazon Connected Home API. Regardless, I'm not sure how HS would know which lights to even control.
                  Note that this is the connection between Amazon and HS, not the plugin.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Comment

I got busy and went away from the efforts to get HS and OmniProII working to control Compose Protocol lights, hoping it'd eventually come around. I finally got around to factory reseting Hometroller / HS3, etc. and reinstalling with the current "Omni" plug-in. Sadly it seems to be in the same state where compose scenes are not available, and status of individual units is not working. I'd bought HS/etc. for this purpose, and if can get working happily will purchase the Omni License. Is there a plan to support this in the future?

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by SRamsdell View Post
                      I got busy and went away from the efforts to get HS and OmniProII working to control Compose Protocol lights, hoping it'd eventually come around. I finally got around to factory reseting Hometroller / HS3, etc. and reinstalling with the current "Omni" plug-in. Sadly it seems to be in the same state where compose scenes are not available, and status of individual units is not working. I'd bought HS/etc. for this purpose, and if can get working happily will purchase the Omni License. Is there a plan to support this in the future?

Scott
                      I released a version for testing scenes a while back and no one responded with any feedback When I converted the plugin to OMNI, I removed the Scenes tab completely, but the underlying code is still in there.

Let the dust settle with this renamed version and I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Hi Mason, thought I’d check back in on Compose/Scene supporr? For some reason I don’t ger notifies when a repsonse to this thread is sent, and I didn’t/don’t check it frequently. I’ve been going back and forth on replacing all 70+ light switches over time, but would much rather stay with the Compose units (as opposed to full on Ra2) if possible. For the time being SnapLink does the trick, but I suspect at somepoint it won’t

Comment

Working...
                        X