No announcement yet.

Programming question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: I found a bugzilla report on a similar issue of not being able to enable instant status on the dual channel relay. It is report 2584 if you want to look at it. It says he could enable instant status on the single channel relay but did not say how.

Have been communicating with an enerwave tech who said go into associations and add group 3 endpoint 2. That changed the behavior but not in a desirable way. I don't understand associations and endpoints but I think he is attempting a workaround rather than actually enabling instant status.

Comment

Hey JCCccc,

I'm trying to do the exact same thing. I'm using a Homeseer Z-NET for my interface. Latest firmware on lib 4.05 on v3.0.0.298

My understanding is that the ZWN-RSM1 (single relay) does support command class.

This is listed in the documentation for the single relay model, which I believe is what we need to finish our projects. It's default at zero, and needs to be asserted:

http://enerwaveautomation.com/wp-con...8160043-02.pdf

Unsolicited Report Configuration ZWN-RSM1-PLUS can send unsolicited status reports to the primary controller (Node ID 0x1) when the switch is toggled if the controller is designed as a gateway. If your controller is not a gateway or does not need the status reported or you
      think it could confuse your Z-Wave network, you can use Command_Class_Configuration to disable this function. By
      default this function is disabled.

Configuration Details:
      − Parameter number: 3
      − Parameter size: 1 −
      Parameter value:
      0.........................Disabled
      1.............Send Broadcast

The HS3 Z-wave-Information "about node XX" indicates it supports Command Class Version 1.

Also found the device info here:

http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1777

Model: Smart Single Relay Switch Module (ZWN-RSM1)
      Z-Wave Certification Number: ZC10-16055064
      Supported Command Classes

All Switch
      Association Group Information
      Association V2
      Basic
      Device Reset Local
      Manufacturer Specific V2
      Powerlevel
      Switch Binary
      Version V2
      Z-Wave Plus Info V2

I also saw that bugzilla for the ZWN-RSM2 (dual relay) -- it looks like the same problem is also impacting the RSM1 (single relay).

Is there another way to enable command class custom params for devices that that don't offer it in HS3?

Jon

Comment

I suggest you contact Enerwave technical support. They told me to go to the Enerwave dual relay and click on the Zwave tab and under association group, select group 3 with end point 2, then click add. After I did that, when light 1 was triggered on by motion, light 2 also went on like I wanted.

However, when light 1 goes off because no motion is detected, light 2 does not go off and the controller still thinks that both lights are on.

In addition, while light 1 will go off after a minute when no motion is detected, light 2 will stay on indefinitely unless I use the app to turn it off manually, so something is keeping it from going off. Also, after light 1 is triggered on by motion, I cannot turn it off manually. It flashes and goes right back on so it must be receiving an on signal from somewhere. I suspect these two issues are related.

I originally thought this was a programming issue on the Zee2 but I now understand that it is a status reporting issue with the relay so I think I will post this problem in the Zwave app section of these message boards and see if I get any additional advice there.

Comment

I also had the same issue with the ZWN-RSM1 relays. They could be properly controlled through device list but when triggered by the Aux wire the status would not update. Tried changing the association groups and nothing helped. I had an extra ZWN-RSM2 which was not installed. Ended up trying it and it worked perfectly.

Needless to say, I will be exchanging my ZWN-RSM1 relays for ZWN-RSM2s.

Comment

That is surprising. I have heard of people who got the single channel relay to report instant status but not the dual channel relay. You should check out the bugzilla referred to above. How did you get it to work?

Comment

Interesting thing, I didn't do anything other than add it to my system. It was previously on a SmartThings hub so not sure if it did anything, but a exclude should wipe programming, right?

I just got another RSM2 and will try it tonight. It's brand new so if it doesn't work I'll know of some parameter was set by ST.

Comment

Was able to get the RSM2 to work properly. Had to move the hometroller directly next to it for proper inclusion then it worked fine and was able to move it to its regular location. No special programming, just include and it worked. Immediate status updates on both channels!

Definitely recommend the ZWN-RSM 2 Plus over the ZWN-RSM 1 Plus if you need status updates from the switch/aux port.

Comment

Support asked me to comment on the parameter question here, not sure if you all got that resolved.

But if the parameter settings are not appearing, this is a problem with the device. We ask the device what command classes it supports and if it does not report parameters, then we do not enable the parameter setting options. Does that device support firmware updates?
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rich,

The relays (both single and dual) are supposed to support parameters. The instructions say they:

"can send unsolicited status reports to the primary controller (Node ID 0x1) when the switch is toggled if the controller is designed as a gateway. If your controller is not a gateway or does not need the status reported or you think it could confuse your Z-Wave network, you can use Command_Class_Configuration to disable this function. By
                    default this function is disabled.

Configuration Details:
                    − Parameter number: 3
                    − Parameter size: 1 −
                    Parameter value:
                    0.........................Disabled
                    1.............Send Broadcast"

However, several people have been unable to get this to work. Please look at bugzilla reports 2584 and 3443, which I believe are assigned to you.

mwolter,

When you click on the relay (the one that reports instant status) in Homeseer and go to the zwave tab, does it show parameters like those shown in post 6 above, or does it only show associations? If it only shows associations, exactly what does it show. Does it show groups 1 and 2 or does it also show group 3 and what are the endpoints shown?

I ask because Enerwave technical support told me to add association group 3, endpoint 2, but that created other problems.

After I did that, when light 1 was triggered on by motion, light 2 also went on like I wanted. However, when light 1 goes off because no motion is detected, light 2 does not go off and the controller still thinks both lights are on.

In addition, while light 1 will go off after a minute when no motion is detected, light 2 will stay on indefinitely unless I use the app to turn it off manually, so something is keeping it from going off. Finally, after light 1 is triggered on by motion, I cannot turn it off manually. It flashes and goes right back on so it must be receiving an on signal from somewhere. I suspect the second and third issues are related.

Comment

HomeSeer will not allow you to set parameters on a device if it does not report that it supports the configuration command class. Please post the command classes it reports from the node info page and we can make sure its reporting properly.

Comment

Is this what you are looking for:
                        Attached Files

Comment

The dual channel relay is Node 2 (it shows up as Wenzhou switch binary and two child devices) and the following one, node 4, is the single channel relay. Node 3, not shown, is a Leviton plug.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JCCccc View Post
                            The dual channel relay is Node 2 (it shows up as Wenzhou switch binary and two child devices) and the following one, node 4, is the single channel relay. Node 3, not shown, is a Leviton plug.
                            Looks like neither one supports the Configuration command class. Their documentation must be incorrect.
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Really curious to see what mwolters device reports to see if it is different and why his apparently works.

Is there a way around the problem using associations?

Comment

Note, I spoke with the manufacturer and the App version 5.1 of this device does not support configurations. Add HS to association group 2 and 3.

Let me know what issues you are seeing.

Comment

Working...
                                X