Whats wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats wrong?

i set the mcscs 1.14.5 Area 1 Device o1 minutes :20. i see the hs device ON, and after 10 minutes the rain8 relay going off, and after 10 minutes i see hs device OFF.

ps.
    if the manual control set 20 minutes, the rain8 going off 10 minutes too...

I'm assuming you are referencing the X10 version of the Rain8.

The rain8 unit is setup with safety timers and it looks as if yours is set to a safety of 10 minutes.

mcsControlSystems will have the ability to set the timers, but currently the PC program from WGL can be used to do it. The plugin has the code written for setting the timers, and I'm expecting the HW from WGL this week to check it out.

Comment

i check the rs232 config for wgl prog. i dont see safety timers, but all device Manual/default run time is 10 mins. now all this set 30 and enable every trigger (o9 set all valve 10 mins, o10 set all 20 mins) maybe work this. by night testing.

Comment

The default run times are what I refer to as safety timers. When you changed them to 30 from 10 then you will be able to run a zone for up to 30 minutes in mcsControlSystems. If you use the triggers then mcsControlSystems will not know what the Rain8 is doing. The Rain8 will cycle through all its zone when the trigger is sent. The triggers are useful if the Rain8 is stand-alone, but when connected to Homeseer/mcsTemperature then the triggers should not be used.

Comment

whats wrong 2.
          my second valve (o2) starting without any log yesterday 16:00. The inhibit between 7-21, the area1 inhibit before 21:15

Comment

Few things to check to help isolate...

Valve actions controlled by mcsControlSystems are logged to the database. Is it recorded at the 16:00 time?

The Rain8 can start with o2 X10 from any source, including noise, have you have any reliability problems with X10?

The Rain8 can be programmed to work off of a trigger from another X10 signal. Any change that triggers are enabled on the Rain8.

If you truely are running mcsControlSystems 1.10.3 then I suggest the most current version so I can support any problems.

Comment

opps i dont change my profile long time
              mcstmp v4.26.7 and mcscs v1.19.7
              i think my powerline noise. test another powerplug for rain8
              q:
              rain8 valve 1-8 eq mcscs valve o1-o8
              rain8 auto A dont used mcscs o9
              rain8 auto B dont used mcscs o10
              rain8 skip dont used mcscs? o11
              rain8 inhibit equal mcscs seasonal/emergency? o12
              mcscs Dont water virtual device code only virtual device?

Comment

Working...
              X