This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Joggler use

This message relates to another use of the O2 Joggler for those folks that have been playing with them.

Note that over the last couple of years the included Openpeak O2 operating system has been modified much to provide multiple uses updating the including OS to an update called PNPIII.

Concurrently it appears that an Android OS is now being updated again.

In the Linux world aside from base Linux Ubuntu installations you can also make the OS XBMC only or Squeezebox only or whatever.

In the Wintel world XP works, W7 and W8 also works. I currently run HSTouch in XP mode on a "few" of the O2 Jogglers.

The limited market telco hub Openpeak devices with included DECT phones and even a web camera (never materialized but was mentioned and hardware pieces for connectivity are there) are now being looked at. Note that mostly the ones utilized here in the US are being tossed out as disfunctional bricks.

Check out the attached video link.

http://youtu.be/JwZWqv7Jj7c
    Last edited by Pete; July 30, 2013, 10:08 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

I really appreciate your work on the Joggler front, Pete. I've picked up a couple of the openpeak branded Jogglers and am wondering on how to get started on these. I think I will stick with the path of least resistance to HSTouch, and I'm guessing that might be Android?

Do they need to be reflashed so they can boot off USB drives?

Btw, why do you choose to run XP on your Jogglers if you just need HSTouch?

Cheers
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
      I really appreciate your work on the Joggler front, Pete. I've picked up a couple of the openpeak branded Jogglers and am wondering on how to get started on these. I think I will stick with the path of least resistance to HSTouch, and I'm guessing that might be Android?

Do they need to be reflashed so they can boot off USB drives?

Btw, why do you choose to run XP on your Jogglers if you just need HSTouch?

Cheers
      I know it is personal preference but I quite like the Linux HSTouch client and it is what I have been running on mine since I got them in about late 2009/early 2010. It takes a little patience to get working and the Linux client has some issues (does not support embedding HTML in any elements if you do this) but other than that I think it is the most natural as the Joggler does natively run Linux. All it requires is flashing the OS to a USB drive (no modification is required), plugging the USB drive in and then downloading a few things.

Comment

I've got 3 of them running Android. I found it relatively straight forward to get HSTouch running; Linux was much more fiddly and I gave up on Windows, you seem to have to add an SSD drive to get adequate performance from Windows and it's difficult to work with the small screen.

Unfortunately the combination isn't completely reliable. HSTouch stops working every now and then (this may be an issue with my HSTouch screens as the same thing happens with the HomeSeer HST-IWAR7) and they lock up completely every couple of weeks. That could be a USB stick problem.

The Android HSTouch client isn't that good. It seems to be buggy, you can't have a browser window open - it seems to open a separate browser instance. Font scaling is an issue. However, it's OK with simple screens once you've managed to get the fonts right.

I can understand why Pete uses XP - HSTouch will work more or less as intended and will look the same as it does in the the designer.

Comment

Working...
        X