Error when initializing plug in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when initializing plug in

when I tried to install the trial of BLItunes for HS3 I get the following error

**FATAL**: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from BLiTunes - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces.

Please help

Thanks Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

I also tried the plugin for HS2 and it doesn't seem to connect to Itunes either I am running the latest version of Itunes 11.1.3.8

Cheers Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

What version of Windows?

Have you tried shutting down HS3 and restarting it? I still do not think the install from the updater is working perfectly yet

If you look in the /data/BLiTunes/Registration is there a .reg file. If so, please run it with HS3 shutdown and restart HS3
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
        What version of Windows?

Have you tried shutting down HS3 and restarting it? I still do not think the install from the updater is working perfectly yet

If you look in the /data/BLiTunes/Registration is there a .reg file. If so, please run it with HS3 shutdown and restart HS3
        I tried to restart HS3 with no luck, when looking in the data folder I don't even have a BLiTunes folder created? I am also having issues with is in HS2,

Cheers Ken

Comment

Do the following:

1. Shutdown HS3
          2. Edit hspi_BLiTunes.ini and change debugLevel=true
          3. Save INI file
          4. Restart HS3

Once HS is started wait a minute and then disable debug logging on the options page

Log a help desk ticket on my web site and attach the BLiTunes-Detailed.log file so I can see what is happening.
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Ok Blade,

I attempted to enter ticket on your site but BL iTunes is not supported their in the plug-ins list. I have been trying to get this to work on HS2 to and HS3 I currently ran into some bigger issues with the database on HS3 so I will have to stop until I hear back from homes here. But in the meantime I would like to get this working on HS2.

I have attached the detailed log for HS2 Pro. Hope this helps you figure out what I am going wrong

I change the extension from. Log to . Doc so I can post it on the forum
            cheers Ken
            Attached Files

Comment

I assume you have iTunes installed on your HS machine.
              Do you have the iTunes Agent installed?
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

I assume you have iTunes installed on your HS machine.
                Do you have the iTunes Agent installed?

I might be missing some thing here I have Itunes installed but was unaware of any agent can you please clarify

Comment

I am not 100% sure you need the agent. I read it fixed the issue for some people.
                  I do not have it installed. I know the plugin is working because others are using it with no issues.
                  It has to be something on the your machine because I just ran it here and it worked fine.
                  I am still looking
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

See if this helps at all

https://support.winshuttle.com/hc/en...error-80070005
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

I am not 100% sure you need the agent. I read it fixed the issue for some people.
                      I do not have it installed. I know the plugin is working because others are using it with no issues.
                      It has to be something on the your machine because I just ran it here and it worked fine.
                      I am still looking
                      Blade, I'm not sure if this is related but this is the error I started getting today with HS3, I have been successfully running it for 2 weeks and this appeared today 11/12/2013 7:16:51 PM ~!~Error~!~Database failed to open. File: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Sample.hsd, Exception=attempt to write a readonly databaseattempt to write a readonly database

11/12/2013 7:16:51 PM ~!~Error~!~Failed to get version information from configuration database (invalid database), data NOT loaded.

I filed a bug report to HS but do you have any idea what might be causing it.
                      it seems to be running ok even thought it is throwing this error

Cheers Ken

Comment

I don't think that is causing the iTunes issue.
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Blade, I am thinking that this whole issue with Itunes and the other error I posted are related to permissions and not allowing HS access to the required files that are located in Programfiles(x86) I am running windows 8 64 bit and it seems that it wont let me set he permissions for this folder wondering if this is a windows security feature any idea how to change those permissions

Thanks Ken

Comment

The more I read about this the more I believe as well it is permissions.
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

having issues with BLItunes tried in HS2 and get this error

12/23/2013 10:34:49 PM - BLiTunes Error - Caught this exception setting up iTunes - Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {DC0C2640-1415-4644-875C-6F4D769839BA} failed due to the following error: 80080005.
                              12/23/2013 10:34:49 PM - Error - Initializing interface: BLiTunes->There is an issue with iTunes so the plug-in cannot run!!

anyone have a clue?

Thanks Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X