Can 2 kinects be run on a remote machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can 2 kinects be run on a remote machine

I have a remote instance of the kinect plug in running in my garage buut would like to add a second one out there is it possible to run two instances on a remote connection

cheers Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

yes this is supposed to be possible, just start 2 HSPI_KINECT.exe processes with different instance names

and you also have to plug the kinects on different USB hub

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      yes this is supposed to be possible, just start 2 HSPI_KINECT.exe processes with different instance names

and you also have to plug the kinects on different USB hub

Ill give it a try and report back the findings

Cheers Ken
      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Spud when I try and run the second instance of the plugin I get

Error the device is being used in another process??

how do I get it to use the second connect when I go to recording devices in windows it shows they are both listening

Cheers Ken

Comment

can you go the config page for this second instance and select the second kinect id from the dropdown menu?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            can you go the config page for this second instance and select the second kinect id from the dropdown menu?

when I go to the config screen it only gives me one kinect to choose from its like the plugin isnt seeing the second one and after a while it wont event bring up the config screen just a blank page

Cheers Ken

Comment

could you try to run the attached version which logs exactly how many kinect the plugin see and their status.

you should see one line like below for each kinect:

Code:
              INFO USB\VID_045E&PID_02AE\A00362908377105A status=Connected
              also from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj131032.aspx:
              • If the Kinect is plugged into a USB 3.0 port, plug it into a USB 2.0 port instead.
              • Make sure the Kinect is plugged directly into a USB 2.0 port, and not through an external USB hub.
              • Since a Kinect requires at least 50% of the USB bandwidth available, make sure that the Kinect does not share the USB controller with any other devices.
              Attached Files

Comment

Spud

here is what appears when loading the new versions that you sent me I have the kinects plugged into different usb ports one on the front of the machine and one on the back it looks like the plug in is only seeing one kinect do I need to install two folders for the plug in or just run 2 instances?

Also in the mic settings I have one set as the default device the other just shows ready but the sound indicators both show that they are listening when you speak

Cheers Ken
                Attached Files
                Last edited by kenrad; June 3, 2014, 03:53 PM. Reason: added more info

Comment

one other ting that I noticed is that all of my instances show up the same with the same kinect ID for all of the instances even the ones that work are all the same as the main instance running on the HS machine

Cheers Ken

Comment

from your logs it looks like the plugin detects both kinects but one is reported with the status "InsufficientBandwidth" (and this one does not report any ID, not sure if this is another problem or a consequence of the insufficient bandwidth problem)

so please try to plug the one that doesn't work to a different USB port, and make sure to unplug any other USB device.

and you can run both instances of the plugin from the same folder

Comment

Ill give it a try please stand by for more info

cheers Ken

Comment

Spud, it seems like I get the same results no matter where I plug in the kinect the only devices I have connected are the two kinects and the mouse and keyboard which I wouldnt think would take up much band width. any other Ideas?

Cheers Ken

Comment

Spud, it seems like I get the same results no matter where I plug in the kinect the only devices I have connected are the two kinects and the mouse and keyboard which I wouldnt think would take up much band width. any other Ideas?

also should the kinect.ini files have this line in them becuase it was there before but now none of them have it

kinect_sensor_id=

Cheers Ken

Comment

how many USB controllers do you have on this PC, and what types are they USB 1, USB 2, USB 3?

also, to check if this is a problem with the plugin please try to run the Kinect explorer application that you can run from the developer toolkit browser that comes with the SDK. You should see a window like on the screenshot below that list all the detected kinect sensors:

Click image for larger version

Name:	kinectexplorer.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1174003

Comment

Only the one kinect shows up running the kinect explorer

the computer shows it see both of them tho
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X