Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 phones useing IF for geo location ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 phones useing IF for geo location ????

I would like to add 2 separate iphones and 1 android phone using the IF apps to geofence when each person arrives or leaves,IFTTT dosnt seem to be able to tell me which person has arrives just that one has entered that area, how do you overcome this?
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

From previous discussions I think you need separate IFTTT accounts for each phone with their own recipes. To use more than one you also need the paid subscription to myhs. Alternatively, try PHLocation which has support for multiple geofence and location services and excellent support from Sooty
    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
      From previous discussions I think you need separate IFTTT accounts for each phone with their own recipes. To use more than one you also need the paid subscription to myhs. Alternatively, try PHLocation which has support for multiple geofence and location services and excellent support from Sooty
      Yes you will have to have an IFTTT account on each device you want to use. Also its recommended to have several login account in HS.
      Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

I set up a separate IFTTT account and recipe for each person(phone) and connected each to eith er ios location channel or the andriod location channel, then each to the homeseer channel.

I seem to get some recipes that never fire even though a check says they are fine, they are simple geofenced " if person x enters this area then turn on this homeseer virtual device.

exactly the same on each phone in face one 1 those 2 if the geofenced triggers work, the 3rd dosnt ???

anyone have any ideas on this?
        detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
          I set up a separate IFTTT account and recipe for each person(phone) and connected each to eith er ios location channel or the andriod location channel, then each to the homeseer channel.

I seem to get some recipes that never fire even though a check says they are fine, they are simple geofenced " if person x enters this area then turn on this homeseer virtual device.

exactly the same on each phone in face one 1 those 2 if the geofenced triggers work, the 3rd dosnt ???

anyone have any ideas on this?
          i had to reinstall the app on one of my devices to make it work.

i am doing exactly what you are and it works now i have reinstalled ifttt
          HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
          53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
          https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

I'm using ifttt on 2 phones. And One myhs account(free). Each phone needs its own ifttt account, but share the myhs account. My phone turns my virtual device, my wife's phone turns on her virtual device. No need for two accounts on myhs.

Sent from my iPhone
            Tom
            baby steps...starting again with HS3
            HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
            HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
            Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
            In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
            System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
              I'm using ifttt on 2 phones. And One myhs account(free). Each phone needs its own ifttt account, but share the myhs account. My phone turns my virtual device, my wife's phone turns on her virtual device. No need for two accounts on myhs.

Sent from my iPhone
              Tom

Did that always work for you? I and several others had problems early on with 'sharing' the free myhs on two IFTTT accounts, whereby one or the other devices' IFTTT recipes would error out and you'd need to re-activate the HS Channel. I gave up and am using PHLocation instead

Cheers
              James
              cheeryfool

Comment

At first I had problem with just one account ;-). I've been using it this way ( 2phs 2 ifttt, 1myhs) for the last three months and haven't had any issues. I have to say I'm pleased with the ifttt hs occupancy /geofence method.

Sent from my iPhone
                Tom

Comment

I would not rely on IFTTT for geo fencing. I had a recipe running on my iPhone6+ that was a geo fence. I had cases where there was a 30+ minute delay when I entered or left the area set up. Recently, I was getting left and entered area back to back while sitting at home. This last weekend it was real bad and it happened like 4 times in one day before I turned the recipe off.

I am now investigating the wifi route.

Your mileage may very.

-- Scott

Comment

Oh wow, that would be annoying. Esp for the wife.
                    My exit area is small, about 3 blocks, in case I go biking, walking, visit with neighbors. My entrance area is about 3 miles wide since I want the house to get ready for our arrival- ac, gate, outdoor lights, etc.
                    For what ever reason, I haven't had any delays or problems with ifttt. This is the first occupancy setup that has not made my wife want to strangle me. I've used other setups where in the middle of the night it would say exit and then entry and turn on lights, etc. Or I would leave and the AC, lights, TV, music, etc would go off while she was home
                    Tom

Comment

Mine triggered me as leaving the house when i was in the garage last night. scared the **** out of me as the doors locked me out and the alarm armed with the kids inside.

also it did it when i got back from a business trip and the wife left the house, ifttt didn't know where i was so it "sealed" us in....

now i am not using it instead of setting these things by hand, just as a fail safe but still
                      HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                      53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                      https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

I've had some mixed success with the geo triggering. Here at my place it works good. But at another place it does not work at all it seems.
                        Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Reliability of IFTTT geofencing ?

As many others have done, I've set up geofencing recipes on 2 phones, 2 IFTTT accounts, 1 myhs and the recipes work, but not all the time.

I have the 2 phones set up to use GPS/Wifi/cell. I just can't figure why the recipes miss once in a while, sometimes on phone #1, sometimes on phone #2.

I've reached out to IFTTT support and they were cooperative at first, but once I supplied more information, radio silence. So is it the phone's GPS, the app on the phone, the communication with their sever?

I also wondered whether geofencing keeps working while the phone is in lock/sleep mode? Wouldn't make sense, but who knows?

Comment

As many others have done, I've set up geofencing recipes on 2 phones, 2 IFTTT accounts, 1 myhs and the recipes work, but not all the time.

I have the 2 phones set up to use GPS/Wifi/cell. I just can't figure why the recipes miss once in a while, sometimes on phone #1, sometimes on phone #2.

I've reached out to IFTTT support and they were cooperative at first, but once I supplied more information, radio silence. So is it the phone's GPS, the app on the phone, the communication with their sever?

I also wondered whether geofencing keeps working while the phone is in lock/sleep mode? Wouldn't make sense, but who knows?
                            I can share some insight.

If the person is ON the phon,e as in making a cell phone call and the cell is not an ATT phone. The phone cant send and receive data. ( only att seems capable of useing data and cell phone calls at the same time) if it passes a boundary during that time there seems to be no catchup on the IFTTT side so if it cant send the ifttt update as it passes that boundary it never gets sent

Comment

Oh good to know. Thanks for posting this.
                              Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
                              I can share some insight.

If the person is ON the phon,e as in making a cell phone call and the cell is not an ATT phone. The phone cant send and receive data. ( only att seems capable of useing data and cell phone calls at the same time) if it passes a boundary during that time there seems to be no catchup on the IFTTT side so if it cant send the ifttt update as it passes that boundary it never gets sent
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X