www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > Z-Tool+

Z-Tool+ Discussions about Z-Tool+ Z-Wave installation software

Old August 10th, 2015, 08:47 AM
Seer

Z-TOOL +

Has anyone else had a problem with the Z tool app on their phone? I have the recommended settings done on my Homeseer and phone, I can see my homeseer on my phone and I get my ip address on my phone in the app. BUT I get a error 404 every time. The helpdesk says it must be a network issue??? Everything else seems to be working fine.
Old August 10th, 2015, 09:37 AM
OverSeer

Which phone are you using?
Old August 10th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Seer

Zwave+ crashing on start up in IOS

I just installed the ZWave+ on my ipad and iphone (latest models) and both crash when I start them. An IP address seems to be in the app but I can't see what it is and I didn't enter anything in.
Any ideas?
Old August 10th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Seer

I am using a moto x with android version 4.4.4
Old August 10th, 2015, 02:39 PM
OverSeer

Per Mark:
  • make sure you can connect locally without logging in.
  • make sure JSON is enabled in

Attached Images

"Do or do not, there is no try"
-Yoda

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old August 11th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Seer

I do ,that was the first thing I checked. Like I said, everything else seems to work. I can control homeseer through my phone,ipad,computer. But I can't get this app running.
Old September 4th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Viewer

I realize this thread is getting kind of old, but thought I would throw this out there.

Have you tried clearing cache and data for the z-tool+ app?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old September 17th, 2015, 05:33 PM
OverSeer

Thread is old, but I am having similar problems. Can see HS3 on my android using both hstouch and crome, but Z-Tool doesn't see the Z-wave network and there is no place to put in the IP address of HS3.

Don't have a clue about clearing the cache....
Old October 20th, 2015, 09:56 PM
OverSeer

no one has seemed to reply back that it is working...

got it working?

I had a different issue... I am redoing my setup and cleared my ztroller. I carried it around and setup most items. Tonight I added a new light switch but left ztroller hooked up and decided to try this tool.

it saw my network, i clicked add and hit switch and it said found new node and adding. It crashed out. I looked and it got added to my network...

i just went in after reading this and clicked node connectivity and it saw my new switch and said added successfully so I hit done. I hit optimize and it says that node added again... then do a full optimize and again... weird...

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368

Plugins - BLLAN 2.0.38.0 | BLRF 2.0.93.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.8 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.150

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface
Old November 22nd, 2015, 04:38 PM
Seer

Z-tool

I have a question with the Z-tool. I have a Samsung edge + the software see's my HomeSeer server Ip address. But it won’t connect to it. Just to clarify im using the demo version for now tell I get my new system up and running. Do you need HS3 to have the DNS server setup for the tool to work? At this time I can only get to the HS3 web interface on the computer Im using right now and not on any author PC on the network. Which I think my be the problem. I can use the HS3 search address on a remote PC and it sees it but the Ip address is not giving me the web RUI. I am new to HS3 so Im learning the system right now before I use my registration ID to get off the demo version. Im playing with the Software and learning the in and out of HS3. Any suggestion or ever a link that goes over how the Z-tool works will be grait. one more thing I'm useing the Aeon Labs z-stick for z-wave as well. Thanks