www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > Z-Tool+

Z-Tool+ Discussions about Z-Tool+ Z-Wave installation software

Old October 28th, 2017, 10:25 PM
Seer

Basic inclusion exclusion issue

I'm sure this is pretty basic, but here goes. I'm evaluating HS3 with a smartstick+ z wave controller. I have z-tool+ installed and discovering HS3.

For about 4 years I've had a Vera Lite with about 5 GE zwave switches. 2 3way circuits and a regular.

I assume from my research I need to remove the switches to reset them, then add to my HS controller.

In z-tool+ I press remove, then press on, then off on the switch. Several seconds later it says activate the 'remove from device' function on the device. I do it again. Then it repeats the message.

I assume this means it's not detecting the device. Once (after the fourth time in the cycle) it said "found a node to remove". Was right around the time I pressed abort though.

For grins, I tried adding the devices instead - that seemed to work every time, but it said "adding SLAVE NODE". So I aborted because I assume that's not what I want.

I would've thought maybe it was an NWI distance issue since these are older switches, but the add seemed to register. So I'm not sure what to think.

Help & thoughts? Thanks.