This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EZFlora Plugin Feature Request and EZIOxx Plugin Request

I am about halfway through developing a plugin for for the SimpleHomeNet EZFlora device. So far I plan on supporting the following features in the initial release:

1. Valve Control (On/Off)
    2. Program Control (On/Off)
    3. Pump Master Control (On/Off)
    4. Arm Rain Sensor (On/Off)
    5. Report Rain Sensor Status (By Polling Only)
    6. Enable Meter Count Messages (On/Off)
    7. Report Meter Count Value (By Broadcast Messges)
    8. Reset Meter Count
    9. Diagnostic Mode (On/Off) - Each valve is cycled in 1 second intervals for testing.
    10. Support for multiple EZFloras
    11. Support for reading valve, program and configuration status from broadcast messages and polling

Are there any special requests for something that you would like to see included? Any special trigger actions, conditions, etc?

I am working to have the initial 1.0.0.0 version available in the next couple weeks so I will see what I can fit in in that timeframe.

Also, once I have finished with the EZFlora plugin, I plan on creating plugins for the rest of the SimpleHomeNet devices such as the EZIO40 and EZIO6I. Let me know which one you want most and I will work on that one first.

Adam
    Last edited by hurry4it; October 20, 2011, 03:02 PM. Reason: Updated planned feature support

Hey, this is great.

are you using the new plugin api i setup to talk with the plm?

let me know if there are any additional features, etc you need?

also, see the following post. User pbibm started working on an ezioxx plugin

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=988591
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,

I am using the plugin API that you setup to talk with the PLM. Everything is working great so far. The only thing that I haven't tried is the Insteon plugins compatibility with extended length messages. Does your plugin API support extended length commands and responses? If not, I may need this feature added in the future, but I don't plan on implementing this in the initial release of the EZFlora Plugin. At the moment I am going to create seperate plugins for each of the EZIOxx devices and the EZFlora, but I may end up combining them all into one plugin depending on interest.

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by hurry4it View Post
        Hi Mark,

I am using the plugin API that you setup to talk with the PLM. Everything is working great so far. The only thing that I haven't tried is the Insteon plugins compatibility with extended length messages. Does your plugin API support extended length commands and responses? If not, I may need this feature added in the future, but I don't plan on implementing this in the initial release of the EZFlora Plugin. At the moment I am going to create seperate plugins for each of the EZIOxx devices and the EZFlora, but I may end up combining them all into one plugin depending on interest.

Adam
        I would need to add an ext method to allow you to tx an ED (ext len msg). i think the current setup would then allow you to receive the ED response.

my 2 cents...i think you will find that one plugin will be the easiest to manage/develop. there is probably a lot of overlap between the devices and you could use a short plugin name like SimpleHomeNet.

good luck
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark, as an fyi I went back and forth on buidling the plugin and decided I have what i need working between your plugin. the scripts. At about the same time, I had an email exchange with hurry4it over some how to's with the ezflora and he is going to develop the plugin. It was the ezflora I was working on. I have reviewed the spec for the exzio and the methods are similar. However I don't have or need one right now.

Paul
          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
            Mark, as an fyi I went back and forth on buidling the plugin and decided I have what i need working between your plugin. the scripts. At about the same time, I had an email exchange with hurry4it over some how to's with the ezflora and he is going to develop the plugin. It was the ezflora I was working on. I have reviewed the spec for the exzio and the methods are similar. However I don't have or need one right now.

Paul
            thanks. i understand, i have a few handwritten scripts myself that just aren't worth converting to plugins either.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

The EZFlora plugin v1.0.0.0 is now available in the updater. Please see the new EZFlora Insteon Irrigation Controller Plug-In forum for instructions on using the plugin and to report any issues or request features on the plugin.

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1113

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by hurry4it View Post
                The EZFlora plugin v1.0.0.0 is now available in the updater. Please see the new EZFlora Insteon Irrigation Controller Plug-In forum for instructions on using the plugin and to report any issues or request features on the plugin.

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1113

Adam
                Cool! I can play around with it now since I blew my sprinkler system out a month ago. No production impact
                Paul

Comment

Is there any way you could make a plug-in for the EZIO40? That is the only SHN Device that I can not get to work.

Thanks!!!
                  CM
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                  Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                  Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

codemonkey,

I am now working on a plugin to support the remaining SimpleHomeNet devices including the EZIO40. Hopefully I will have it ready in the next month. I dont have a EZIO40 so would you be willing to test the plugin for me when it is ready?

Adam

Comment

I would be happy too!

Thanks!
                      CM
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                      Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                      Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

I have a ezio6i that I would test with and I would gladly be a paying customer.

Comment

Any progress on EZIO40 support?

Comment

Originally posted by kirving1 View Post
                            Any progress on EZIO40 support?
                            I am currently working on a EZIOXX plugin and hope to have it ready for beta testing soon.

Comment

Perfect, thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
                              X